@Riot confused about reasoning for Zed's Q change

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VictusOmnis

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
Some information: it's harder to land a flat Q than it is to land W>E because Q has a longer telegraph (visually) than W>E. In this regard, Thaddeus has it right in saying that doing the W>E combo to double Q is now stronger because you usually only hit a single E. The variable is, of course, on whether you can land that double Q properly.

In other words, this change was probably a way to incentivise Zed players to attempt that double Q shuriken hit if they want the big damage (and if you miss, you deal with the heavy energy cost). I'm not a Zed player, unfortunately, but it could be that harassing via W>E was more efficient than attempting the double Q shuriken combo, so they wanted to push for that a bit more.

It was also very briefly mentioned that Zed is a ninja, so his shurikens should do damage. C'mon.
Too bad that a ninja like Zed can only throw one Q and he's pretty much exhausted.

Dr Telemundo

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Wild View Post
they want you to max Q first
ill always max Q last

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-01-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Wild View Post
they want you to max Q first
Or at least second, since the standard build that I saw was max E, max W, leave Q for last.

XuWarrior

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Or at least second, since the standard build that I saw was max E, max W, leave Q for last.

Because Q sux , ADMIT THAT .

To mutch energy

DeathByWaffle

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
It was also very briefly mentioned that Zed is a ninja, so his shurikens should do damage. C'mon.
Objection! In real life, shurikens were not designed to deal lethal damage. Rather, they were made to be more of painful distractions in fights so that the ninja could either escape or use their deadlier weapons. Thus, the idea of making Zed's shuriken do more damage is positively ludicrous!

Redeemed In Fire

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XuWarrior View Post

To mutch energy
QFT

EQW will probably be the defacto max now but it'll also suck because the energy return on W increase > 5 energy reductions per level on Q. And playing an energy character that bottoms out on energy easily simply sucks.

108th Fruit

03-01-2013

Quote:
Who the **** would max W second rofl.

Redeemed In Fire

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 108th Fruit View Post
Who the **** would max W second rofl.
More energy return (proc 5 more energy twice), 5 energy off the cost of a spell, better CD on his lynchpin spell, and 5% more AD/level >>>>> 40 or so more damage on Q.

Rain13ow Dash

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XuWarrior View Post

To mutch energy
You know, that huge cost actually goes down when you max it. If you max it first it won't cost as much and you can more easily get energy restoration from the double Q because you get more attempts at it. They're moving power into his Q so that you have the option of maxing it first and getting those benefits.

LordTobiothan

03-01-2013

Quote:
Q's energy cost still screams max this last or your a noob.

"land double Q and get energy refund!" No, that is called wasting W on firing two Q's and get called a bigger nooblord for not knowing how/when to use W.

This was just a damage nerf disguised as power shifting, since everyone knows Zed only has a WE and R and any strength given to Q that isn't an energy cost decrease is the same as deleting that strength because it wont see use (if your any good at zed anyway).

I don't mind that you nerfed him (although id rather you didn't) but at least admit when your doing it.