@Xypherous reasoning for Vayne's AS change not going live?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noric View Post
Tristana has one of the weakest midgames of any ADC and her AS steroid has a quite large downtime.
Vayne has the weakest earlygame of any ADC and her ult has a downtime as well. Your move?

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-01-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlargCow View Post
couldn't the same be said for tristana

not saying that vayne needed the buff
Yeah probably. However, her late-game actual damage output is low whenever Rapid Fire is down. Has a worse uptime than Kog'Maw's W (who also gets the equivalent of bonus AS/lvl with the Q passive). Feels fairly consistent to me.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-01-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungboy View Post
Vayne has the weakest earlygame of any ADC and her ult has a downtime as well. Your move?
Ashe.

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Yeah probably. However, her late-game actual damage output is low whenever Rapid Fire is down. Has a worse uptime than Kog'Maw's W (who also gets the equivalent of bonus AS/lvl with the Q passive). Feels fairly consistent to me.
I'm sure you tested lowering the CD on her Q, did it make her too strong?

BACKSTABUUU

03-01-2013

Quote:
Right, so it stands to reason that you don't help her early game by giving her a late game buff she doesn't need.

Noric

03-01-2013

Quote:
The newly buffed AD item has 40% AS, %current hp(vayne procs after 3 hits so you get optimal damage from the %current for small exchanges), sustain, and lacks mass AD(name another adc that actually self buffs AD)

Bungboy

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
Right, so it stands to reason that you don't fix her early game by giving her a late game buff she doesn't need.
If you had read the thread instead of just reading one of my posts, I already said Vayne didn't need the AS buffs, but Trist doesn't need them either.

Bungboy

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Right, but Tristana has the advantage of being pretty much unkillable in teamfights unless she makes a bad play. Her ult+W put her almost 2000 range away from enemy champions so she doesn't even need anyone to peel for her. I actually play Tristana a lot in solo queue. She seems perfectly fine to me, especially with her powerful early game.

Bungboy

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noric View Post
The newly buffed AD item has 40% AS, %current hp(vayne procs after 3 hits so you get optimal damage from the %current for small exchanges), sustain, and lacks mass AD(name another adc that actually self buffs AD)
Twitch

Noric

03-01-2013

Quote:
Twitch
lvl 2 vayne ult gives more AD than lvl 3 twitch ult
vayne ult cd is flat at 70 seconds whereas twitch ult scales 120-100 seconds.

You are right that he is another champ with that steroid though.