Morello. Reds. This has gone on far too long.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yuki1314

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by exelsis xax View Post
Mundo has far more health and health regen base stats, as well as % of max health bonus regen. He also has those free stats that mord lacks, and also has a massive %hp spammy killface cleaver. That also slows a crapton. Mundo has problems, but his are number problems, and pretty small.

Mord is outclassed by EVERYTHING in this meta. Why play him as a mage when he has some of the lowest scaling in the game? Why play him as a tank or bruiser when he has NO CC, NO initiate, and NO steroids? Support and AD are out of the picture. What's left? **** mage or **** bruiser. Take your **** pick.
Still mundo has negative sustain until lv6.

If you imply CC on morde that would be a complete rework of a champion, which is completely unnecessary. The meta changes a lot from time to time and some champions are going to be "outclassed" in a period of time. Remember when Morde shines, J4 was considered unviable and lots of people asked for a rework? Now all the sudden, J4 needs a nerf. You cannot request a rework of a champion only because he is outclassed by the meta. If so Riot has to at least rework 10 champions every patch.

BlackIronBeast

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryiel View Post
He needs a complete kit overhaul tbh

Keep his passive, keep his mage flavor and give him a new kit.

The ghost is keeping him weak, it's so f*cking annoying
Not to mention the buginess of the ghost. I have seen people other than me talk about it before. Sometimes the ghost will just sit there and not attack, even if you command it to; sometimes the ghost will attack but then for no reason stop attacking and just stand there; sometimes you'll send it to chase someone but when they go into a bush or around the corner, the ghost will stop chasing them; some have even complained that they used their ult and killed someone but it went on cooldown without producing a ghost--and claimed that the enemy had no QSS and no Cleanse.

exelsis xax

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malza View Post
I wasn't saying he was OP.

I was saying that because of his shield being his main way to block damage which is based on how fed you are that the shield will either shield enough that you won't easily die or shielding a small amount less each time making you die much faster.

I haven't really looked into the numbers on the shield etc much but say he shields 450 over 2 seconds. And his opponent deals 550 over that time on a consistent basis. Now, if he shielded 500 over that time (only requiring him to have a little more gold) he would effectively die half as fast while only shielding around 10% more.

Now, these numbers are completely made up but it shows that when he's fed he'll shield enough that he'll take much less damage over time and because of this doesn't really have a point where hes just "balanced" and ends up being extremely weak or very strong.
Acquiring 450 shield requires dealing 1285 damage with abilities to champions, or double that to minions. If mord deals that amount of damage in 2 seconds, he has a fed ghost or hit a large stack of minions/5 champs with all 3 of his basics. All his cooldowns are over 2 seconds. Siphon only does 250+.6. Your scenario is highly unrealistic.
The shield is not the problem, and the shield cannot be taken out. The shield is too iconic for mord. The ult is the problem, it puts every bit of his power into one easily countered punch.

APissedOffHobo

02-28-2013

Bumping for holy justice

Malza

02-28-2013

Quote:
Acquiring 450 shield requires dealing 1285 damage with abilities, or double that to minions. If mord deals that amount of damage in 2 seconds, he has a fed ghost or hit a HUGE stack of minions/5 champs with all 3 of his basics. All his cooldowns are over 2 seconds. Siphon only does 250+.6. Your scenario is highly unrealistic.
The shield is not the problem, and the shield cannot be taken out. The shield is too iconic for mord. The ult is the problem, it puts every bit of his power into one easily countered punch.
I said I wasn't looking into actual scalings on it etc I was saying only shielding for a very small amount more could make it so you take half as much damage.

I don't play mordekaiser (which is why I completely made up the numbers) but I could see that that's whats very hard to balance about him.

Like right here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWQsr_qDLXE

If he only was a small amount less fed or his opponents did a small amount more damage he would have died before getting 1 kill instead of killing 5.

exelsis xax

02-28-2013

Quote:
I said I wasn't looking into actual scalings on it etc I was saying only shielding for a very small amount more could make it so you take half as much damage.

I don't play mordekaiser (which is why I completely made up the numbers) but I could see that that's whats very hard to balance about him.

Like right here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWQsr_qDLXE

If he only was a small amount less fed or his opponents did a small amount less damage he would have died before getting 1 kill instead of killing 5.
Watch the video, and pay attention to the GHOST that he gets.

It has NOTHING to do with the shield. It has everything to do with the fed hypercarry ghost that he got. The ghost makes mord impossible to balance, especially since the ghost ALSO gives mord a % of its stats, and mord gives the ghost some % of his. Say hello to 400 AD 2.4 AS vayne with 100% crit and 4K HP! Mord also had baron, and this was season 2, where he was in slightly less bad condition because everyone else had slightly fewer buffs under their belts.

Malza

02-28-2013

Quote:
Watch the video, and pay attention to the GHOST that he gets.

It has NOTHING to do with the shield. It has everything to do with the fed hypercarry ghost that he got. The ghost makes mord impossible to balance, especially since the ghost ALSO gives mord a % of its stats, and mord gives the ghost some % of his. Say hello to 400 AD 2.4 AS vayne with 100% crit and 4K HP! Mord also had baron, and this was season 2, where he was in slightly less bad condition because everyone else had slightly fewer buffs under their belts.
If he had a little less damage or opponents did just a LITTLE more he would have died before being able to get a ghost. It's everything to do with the shield and spell vamp he had rather than the ghost.

exelsis xax

02-28-2013

Quote:
If he had a little less damage or opponents did just a LITTLE more he would have died before being able to get a ghost. It's everything to do with the shield and spell vamp he had rather than the ghost.
That can be applied to every single champion in the game. He barely killed vayne because he was JUST built up enough to survive.

And this is where the story diverges from "every other champion in the game"

He DID kill vayne. He DID ghost the hypercarry. And then nothing else mattered because his 400 AD ghost was giving him 150 shield per attack and proceeded to rape the face of everything with a face. Four more guys? Who cares! Mord got the ghost!

Also, did you not notice that the guys he rolled were losing severely? Ryze and maoki had nothing, and lux was underleveled like a support that sat in base half the game.

Malza

02-28-2013

Quote:
That can be applied to every single champion in the game. He barely killed vayne because he was JUST built up enough to survive.

He DID kill vayne. He DID ghost the hypercarry. And then nothing else mattered because his 400 AD ghost was giving him 150 shield per attack and proceeded to rape the face of everything with a face. Four more guys? Who cares! Mord got the ghost!

Also, did you not notice that the guys he rolled were losing severely? Ryze and maoki had nothing, and lux was underleveled like a support that sat in base half the game.
The thing is when mordekaiser is fed enough he can out heal with spellvamp and outshield most damage dealt to him. Once he passes a certain point. Before that point he'll end up dieing extremely fast, after that point he'll live a lot longer.

BlackIronBeast

02-28-2013

Quote:

Word. Mordekaiser had Baron and was a few levels higher than all of those champions. That video is an excellent example of a Mordekaiser getting a lucky Pentakill--it's not like he took on all 5 of them at once, they practically gave him the penta...

In a real team fight, where all 5 champions are there on both sides and no one has baron, everyone is roughly the same level, Mordekaiser does not do so well at getting to their ADC cause he has no means of doing so while everyone else on their team has ways of protecting them, not to mention the ADC themself has a way of escaping (unless it's Kog'maw but he can slow you down at least).