If Morello is disconnected with Live Team

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

02-27-2013
12 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhillieSaur View Post
What is your avatar icon?
Last question I answer before I toddle off for the night. 'Tis one of the crazy egg dragons from the fine Dragon Trainer Lulu splash.

I wanted the other egg dragon (the main bottom right one), but one Rioter already has it. I tried to negotiate with him, but failed. Mostly because I threatened and didn't negotiate. Then I begged and things got sad.

So yes. That is that.

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
Arctic Assault is a little fuzzier to me (WHIRLY ICE THINGS ROUND YOUR BOAR). I'll at least give you the fact that her Q is a little... physical-y.

That said, her Q applies her passive, so I actually think of it as an icy headbutt. Everyone knows icy headbutts are magical.
Not true, because it's based on headbutt it's a physical move. Like Zen Headbutt is a psychic type move but does damage and is resisted based on physical stats.

Follow-up: Will you play a game with me?

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

Quote:
...Mostly because I threatened and didn't negotiate. Then I begged and things got sad...
This is a logical fallacy, the problem isn't that you threatened instead of negotiating, the problem is that you didn't threaten well enough. Both methods, with sufficient charisma, eliminate opposition to your goals.
Go seek out ManWolfAxeBoss, he may be able to teach you how to snarl, growl, and glower like some sort of half-wolf, half-riot, half-lumberjack. Even if he doesn't, just repeating his name may raise your testosterone levels.

RockJockey

02-27-2013

Soviet Swain Approves Shyvana Reviews
-Rockjockey

Auryiel

02-28-2013

Quote:

So you're coming out a little aggressive here ;p I can't really comment one way or another on red interaction, but maybe I can offer another viewpoint.

Discussing with the community when you have anything to do with design sounds like a very stressful thing. It takes an incredible amount of concentration and nuance to communicate and discuss in such a way that's healthy, can't get thrown back at you out of context, and doesn't set a weird expectation of, for example, "AP EZREAL APPROVED BY RIOT MEANS I CAN PLAY IT ALWAYS AND IT WILL NEVER CHANGE."

There are so many people who trawl the forums on a daily basis looking for red posts to bundle together into a news post with the word "CONFIRMED!" on the headline. For a developer to have a light discussion on AP Ezreal and how they like its niche fun, those words could easily haunt him or her when (HUGE DISCLAIMER: I AM MAKING THIS UP) the entire team realizes that Ezreal should thematically be AD-focused and they update his kit accordingly.

It's not to say that developers get scared of making impactful decisions (trust me, they will if it's necessary for the health of the game), but sometimes it can be a little (VERY) daunting to jump into a conversation knowing that a lot of your passionate audience is out for blood. Y'all can be a scary crowd sometimes!

Anyway, neither an excuse here, nor do I even want to validate any opinions - I just want to say it's scary, and that's a scary thing. If that makes sense.
I really don't see how I'm coming off as a bit aggressive, but just to clarify, that wasn't my intention at all. I just expressed disappointment because that's really how I feel. Morello keeps in touch with the community, the live team doesn't keep in touch nearly as much. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but isn't it the truth?

I also know there are a lot of posters on the forums who act the way you described and I hate it because that makes having discussions that much harder, but I simply cannot accept such an answer. It sounds... well I'll be perfectly honest here : it sounds cowardly. If the reason they don't post as much is because they simply don't have the time (which would be a perfectly reasonable explanation) then that's fine, but not posting because you're afraid of GD? That's silly. I understand it (and I'm always accutely aware that GD will end up pushing away posters like Griff who tries his best to help us but gets a LOT of hate for it), but I can't accept it. Sorry if that's rude, but I see no reason not to speak my mind on this issue. Those guys are extremely intelligent, talented professionals that deal with problems a lot bigger than ''ERRRMEEERGEEERD RIOT Y U NERF DIS'' on a daily basis.

Plus, I think they have the ability to recognize when someone wants to have a discussion and when someone wants to whine and complain. There ARE threads of value on GD. I find one at least every day and although some are more along the lines of demands (like mine or a Rengar thread that's been around for a few weeks) I think interactions with Riot would help steer the discussion in a better direction as well as give some less popular topics more visibility, which is also very important. That in itself would be a blessing because it's really hard to try and argue a point on GD when half the threads are about elo hell, the match making system and trolls :|

To quote Elise ''[We] need.... Guidance.''

Dino Spumoni

02-28-2013

Quote:
My army of one. You will be a sergeant because I don't know my army ranks and I will not be bothered to learn them to designate you a fitting role. Go forth and do good. Also tell bad jokes. Loudly.
How does Iodine say goodbye to copper? I will Cu later.

Galgus

02-28-2013

Quote:
Last question I answer before I toddle off for the night. 'Tis one of the crazy egg dragons from the fine Dragon Trainer Lulu splash.

I wanted the other egg dragon (the main bottom right one), but one Rioter already has it. I tried to negotiate with him, but failed. Mostly because I threatened and didn't negotiate. Then I begged and things got sad.

So yes. That is that.
Don't be sad- yours is SHINY.

You can't top SHINY.

Akava

02-28-2013

Never excepted to get such a great response. Appreciate it.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

02-28-2013
13 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryiel View Post
I really don't see how I'm coming off as a bit aggressive, but just to clarify, that wasn't my intention at all. I just expressed disappointment because that's really how I feel. Morello keeps in touch with the community, the live team doesn't keep in touch nearly as much. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but isn't it the truth?

I also know there are a lot of posters on the forums who act the way you described and I hate it because that makes having discussions that much harder, but I simply cannot accept such an answer. It sounds... well I'll be perfectly honest here : it sounds cowardly. If the reason they don't post as much is because they simply don't have the time (which would be a perfectly reasonable explanation) then that's fine, but not posting because you're afraid of GD? That's silly. I understand it (and I'm always accutely aware that GD will end up pushing away posters like Griff who tries his best to help us but gets a LOT of hate for it), but I can't accept it. Sorry if that's rude, but I see no reason not to speak my mind on this issue. Those guys are extremely intelligent, talented professionals that deal with problems a lot bigger than ''ERRRMEEERGEEERD RIOT Y U NERF DIS'' on a daily basis.

Plus, I think they have the ability to recognize when someone wants to have a discussion and when someone wants to whine and complain. There ARE threads of value on GD. I find one at least every day and although some are more along the lines of demands (like mine or a Rengar thread that's been around for a few weeks) I think interactions with Riot would help steer the discussion in a better direction as well as give some less popular topics more visibility, which is also very important. That in itself would be a blessing because it's really hard to try and argue a point on GD when half the threads are about elo hell, the match making system and trolls :|

To quote Elise ''[We] need.... Guidance.''
Them being busy is certainly an obvious answer - of which they are! I was just highlighting how much it takes to jump in and engage in a discussion. It's a personal commitment, a time commitment, and an intellectual commitment that can leave a lot of people feeling drained.

Once again, no excuses here, just trying to add insight.

Back to the discussions!

DaemRijou

02-28-2013

Hey Pwyff, is there any talk about Udyr going on at Riot HQ? I really want to love him, but it's impossible as it stands now. Just about every champion has some cc, which completely screws him over. Every game I play, I see people building slow items as well, such as Iceborn Gauntlet. Not to mention, I see lux in EVERY game, and she counters Udyr so much that he might as well be afk.