League of Legends - the Canadian Scene

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mrfishii

02-22-2013

How about we talk League of Legends and Canada

Rather than Canada and U.S.A?

Like the thread is supposed to be about

MaskedCrusader10

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfishii View Post
How about we talk League of Legends and Canada

Rather than Canada and U.S.A?

Like the thread is supposed to be about
That would be perfect! Unfortunately, people likes to argue for no reason...!

Redelva

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Viva Canada!

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

02-27-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

As a Canadian at Riot (born in Edmonton, raised and educated in Vancouver, lived in Toronto for a few years), I would love to see more Canadian players going pro

Then when you qualify for the LCS, we can share our love for Tim Hortons (NOT their coffee, but everything else. I miss ice cappucinos...), ice hockey, and, uhh.... what -40 degrees celsius feels like when walking around. I don't miss the film on my eyes slowly turning to ice.

Arctic Bro

02-27-2013

I would really love to see another inuit in this game
so far I have found 3-4 people who knows a few words since I started 2 years ago

Cantonese

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot pwyff View Post
as a canadian at riot (born in edmonton, raised and educated in vancouver, lived in toronto for a few years), i would love to see more canadian players going pro

then when you qualify for the lcs, we can share our love for tim hortons (not their coffee, but everything else. I miss ice cappucinos...), ice hockey, and, uhh.... What -40 degrees celsius feels like when walking around. I don't miss the film on my eyes slowly turning to ice.
yes yes yes!!!

AscleiP

02-27-2013

I am in Edmonton too!

On a different note, the power supply in my CPU blew-up, so I dropped it off at a local repair shop.

When the technician turned on my system and saw the Teemo(I like Teemo, bite me) background, he said, "70% of the people who work here plays LoL too!".

Cheers,
D.

Arctic Bro

02-27-2013

west edmonton mall is huge, worked there 3 nights and got lost on a few occasion in a huge deserted mall, was quite the experience shouting olé olé olé in the skating arena

MaskedCrusader10

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
As a Canadian at Riot (born in Edmonton, raised and educated in Vancouver, lived in Toronto for a few years), I would love to see more Canadian players going pro

Then when you qualify for the LCS, we can share our love for Tim Hortons (NOT their coffee, but everything else. I miss ice cappucinos...), ice hockey, and, uhh.... what -40 degrees celsius feels like when walking around. I don't miss the film on my eyes slowly turning to ice.

I would really love to see many more Canadians in the LCS too, that'd be amazing

Although, I would love it even more if we could see the LCS or any other tournaments in person, being in the audience and feeling the excitement of the FB, or a turret going down, or even some WARDS getting killed! I bet I'm not the only one with the feeling that Canadians would like to be more present in the whole LoL experience, but cannot because of either their location or money to make the trip down the West Coast...! :\

Nonetheless, it is still pretty baller to see new faces in the pro league :3

PS: I get the feeling I'm not the only one who dislikes Coffee...! Lol, so yeah, talking about the Timbits and the pleasure of ice skating on the frosted rivers of Canada after a close nerveracking game would be a pretty neat experience indeed :3

Agnostic Priest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

Born in Richmond, BC. Moved to Leduc (basically Edmonton) about 12 years ago.

I'm actually looking for a team to play on. I main support, and am borderline platinum (Just failed my promotion series ..) I'm not pro or even close, but I would be interested in doing local tournaments. I would do them online only, I am pretty busy with wife & kids and running a welding shop.

I used to hate coffee, but then I decided to try out a Mocha Icecap from Tim Hortons...... I now buy them daily.