Anyone else find the MBTI interesting?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotSchmick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

02-27-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

TIL that INTJ are amongst the rarest of types, and that female INTJ are even rarer.

From http://personalityjunkie.com/the-intj/:

Like the INFJ, the INTJ personality type is among the rarest of the Myers-Briggs types, thought to comprise only 2-3% of the population. More often than not, INTJs carry a y-chromosome, outnumbering INTJ females at a clip of four to one.
It never occurred to me that INTJ was rare, since my field tends to attract so many of them, I'm around them all the time! I also had no idea that being a female INTJ was rare, but I guess it makes sense, then, that my field is full of INTJ, but not so much females, if you accept that INTJ of any gender would be drawn to engineering disciplines.

That's all, just thought it was interesting. Thoughts?

Illyriomysterio

02-27-2013

Don't really remember what I was past being (apparently) Extroverted, but what I found interesting is that every time I took it in middle, high school or college I was considered introverted, but when I took it after those years, I came up as extroverted. Do you think it has more to do with the circumstances going on around that time, or a legitimate personality change?

Mimieh

02-27-2013

no

why, are you single? sorry not interested

Lathalo

02-27-2013

I took this test last semester in school and i am also an INTJ as was another classmate of mine in a class of only about 12. Didn't know it was that rare o.o
Also oddly enough i am also going for a career in game design

Fistful of Force

02-27-2013

Interesting.

Psycho Pretzel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

ISTJ reporting in.

Fox P McCloud

02-27-2013

It's a bit interesting, but the evidence does not back it up as being reliable or consistently accurate, so I dunno if it's something really worth focusing on.

Being on the internet, I've grown mores skeptical of it, over time---INTJ is claimed to be amongst the rarest personality types, yet every time there's some MBTI on the net in a poll, forums, survey, etc, it end ups being something like 60-70% INTJ.

Xsu Sanity

02-27-2013

i scored Infj.......

A Master Shaco

02-27-2013

Also INTJ here. Although sometimes I wish I was more outgoing.

Doom Puppy

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
It's a bit interesting, but the evidence does not back it up as being reliable or consistently accurate, so I dunno if it's something really worth focusing on.

Being on the internet, I've grown mores skeptical of it, over time---INTJ is claimed to be amongst the rarest personality types, yet every time there's some MBTI on the net in a poll, forums, survey, etc, it end ups being something like 60-70% INTJ.
That probably says more about the forums you frequent and what type of people are likely to post. This thread in particular would have an abnormally high percentage of INTJ just because that's what our dear red is. Even if this weren't a biased sample most forum threads are far too small to be statistically useful and large deviations from the norm are expected.

In case anyone is curious ENTP, which is also statistically one of the smaller groups.