The time is 8 minutes in. Top is 0-7. ADC is 0-4. Support is 0-5. Jungle is 1-5.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

02-27-2013
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrakill Amumu View Post
You are telling this joke all wrong. It's supposed to be:

What's orange and green and walks like a carrot?
A carrot.
Oh my lawd. I like this. I like this a lot. Even if this is a typo and you meant to say "What's orange and green and walks like a Parrot?"

In exchange:

A polar bear walks into a bar and says, "I'd like a Gin........... and Tonic."
The bartender asks, "Why the long pause?"
The polar bear looks down, confused, and says, "I dunno, I was born with them."

AquaDragon42

02-27-2013

1) try and find the team mates willing to communicate (maturely)
2) warn them about the wards/ over extending
3) compliment them when they do something right
4) gank other lanes if needed

IS1bf9b2d7e61bcf

02-27-2013

While it's not very amusing, the reaction from Riot to this issue has at least been honest.

"Not much we can do about people who want to lose, oh well, better luck next time, here's a cat meme."

Doghealer

02-27-2013

Mostly, I agree with what the first red post says. Never, ever, ever give up, and for the love of God, DON'T tell your teammates that they are doing poorly. Because they know.

However...5, 6, even 7 deaths in only 8 minutes? I'm sorry, but that's crossing the line between poor play and intentional feeding. In a normal level 30 game on Summoner's Rift, more than one death per two minutes is almost always intentional feeding.

Given these numbers, I would conclude that I got paired with a 4-man premade whose goal is to feed. Or, if in ranked, I would conclude that I got paired with a duo and at least one other person whose goal is to feed.

But let me reiterate: Poor performance from your teammates IS NOT THE END OF THE GAME. And it is NO REASON to hate them.

Were these scores from, say, 16 minutes in, I'd keep playing. Granted, in the back of my mind, I'd expect to lose, but I'm in this game to win, so that's what I'm going to try to do.

Winderz

02-27-2013

This has literally happened to me in 21 out of my last 22 games.

The skill differences between my team and the other team has just been ridiculous.

Alcowpwn

02-27-2013

Sounds like a Bronze ranked Team Deathmatch...

Fenixicon

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winderz View Post
This has literally happened to me in 21 out of my last 22 games.

The skill differences between my team and the other team has just been ridiculous.
Oh I am sure you are so much better then your team....

Shadow Master

02-27-2013

I facepalm at players playing solo queue and playing aggressively instead of 100% defense.

DEFENSE WINS GAMES. Always. This is a universal axiom. A constant.

As long as you don't die during laning phase, you have a perfectly solid chance to win the match.

Why then do people play aggressively, instead of just farming at tower and waiting for the jungler to come and guarantee a safe engagement...?

That's the million gold question right there.

IS1bf9b2d7e61bcf

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Master View Post
I facepalm at players playing solo queue and playing aggressively instead of 100% defense.

DEFENSE WINS GAMES. Always. This is a universal axiom. A constant.

As long as you don't die during laning phase, you have a perfectly solid chance to win the match.

Why then do people play aggressively, instead of just farming at tower and waiting for the jungler to come and guarantee a safe engagement...?

That's the million gold question right there.
Because despite claims to the contrary, the vast majority of players in this game are extremely immature and impatient, they don't enjoy that style of play at all.

Grunt666

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5TeRraN View Post
You are 1-0 beating your lane opponent in mid with more CS.

Your allies at Top and Bot are constantly overextended, and the enemy has warded dragon, as well as their own jungle to ensure you can't roam bot without being seen (You are on purple side). Top has a ward at the river bush and tri.

What do you do?

you lose, and reque for your next game, pondering how busted the system is that all the players involved in your game are in the same "skill bracket".