Udyr, The new Jungle King.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charmicarmicarmicat

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Steak View Post
Rounding or Truncation of damage could cause a very significant decrease in damage output with Tiger Stance.
Amumu with defense spec. I wonder if he reduces all attacks.

deprived

12-03-2009

Tiger stance is a completly useless move.. if you think other wise prove me wrong.

JohnCataldo

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprived View Post
Tiger stance is a completly useless move.. if you think other wise prove me wrong.
It's a fine stance just to get the next-hit buff. Switch to Tiger as you are on the way somewhere, then switch to the stance you want. You won't use the passive from Tiger at all, but the one-hit buff is perfectly useful, and it adds a stack of Udyr's passive ability.

If you are low on mana this doesn't work well, but if you are jungling with Golem buff it isn't entirely unreasonable to take 1 level of a stance just so you can trigger the passive more. Not clear that it's better than the other stances, however, and the cooldowns are pretty short.

SpacePirateRyoko

12-03-2009

Quote:
I found it highly useful against towers. @lvl 8+

Lemt

12-03-2009

Quote:
Thats where the Tri-Force came in.
As a 6th item? Not really what I'd call good. You need Sheen early on. The way you kill is by changing stances a lot, so you WANT that sheen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcata View Post
Except ANY armor makes it completely useless.
People already have told you how armor works, so this is incorrect.

Tiger stance is pretty good. You attack for a nice amount of extra DoT, proc sheen, then can change to another stance. Plus it's your main stance to down buildings, unless you want to recover mana with turtle.

Jooce

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celevra View Post
I know you spend alot of time on this, so i wont critique you much. Good guide, solid easy jungling pattern slightly slower though.

I enjoy soloing Mana at level 1 using Phoenix stance (Every third attack is almost the same as a crit).

Mastery spec, 8/1/21 or 9/21/0 (Havent had time to mess with a 21/-/- build yet)
Summoner abilities: Smite, Heal or Rally

Once I have mana golem, that allows you to flip between turtle and phoenix constantly. Pile drive some small creep mobs then at 3-5 hit up lizard.

Phoenix
Turtle
Phoenix
Turtle
Bear
Bear (Start Ganking)
Bear

Doing this I was able to keep up with the solo lane levels without a problem.
I'm gonna try this out, what is your rune page like?

thehornfreak84

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Steak View Post
Rounding or Truncation of damage could cause a very significant decrease in damage output with Tiger Stance.

With normal attacks (not including sheen, lichbane, etc) I noticed that it would round down. However it doesn't make a significant change. If my damage was 44, instead of rounding up and doing 15*3 to get 45, it went down to 14*3 to get 42. The most you can lose because of this is 2 damage and thus it will be less of a problem at higher levels when you are doing more damage. Also, you have the increased attack speed to make up for this small loss. It also may be that it shows rounded numbers, but the internal game mechanics may add that extra point or two in. I haven't done any testing with a friend to find out.

Zohariel

12-03-2009

The issue with Udyr is not whether or not he can kill jungle creeps alone at level 1 - he can do it just fine. But in the couple of games in which I've seen Udyrs try and jungle, the problem is that he just can't do it quickly enough. He's level 2 when dual-laners are hitting 4, and the gap just keeps widening. The two times he did, it felt a lot like 4v5 - Udyr already has trouble making his presence felt early game, and jungling doesn't seem to help.

Blarfles

12-03-2009

Sword of the Divine on Udyr worked really well with me.

Anyways, I completely agree with Zoh. I played a Jungle Udyr and it took me 40 minutes in to catch up with everybody else before I was useful.

T0ggle

12-04-2009

what now can i do?