@Riot, can we actually talk about Janna?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdmiralWin

02-26-2013

what goes bump in the night?

Vixsy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

bump

Farstride

02-26-2013

Bumps for great justice too.

Mewexoy

02-26-2013

i find it interesting that riot keeps working on yi constantly because people say he's overpowered. well guess what, he's still overpowered. if they won't nerf his meditate much then why are they so willing to nerf janna's ult. it's not even reasonable anymore.

Drex Greytalon

02-26-2013

Bump for plenty of Janna love, from a support main. <3

Cards and Dice

02-26-2013

I don't usually play support...

But when I do, I play Janna. Buff her now! The mana cost reduction on her ult is not enough!

Vixsy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

bump

Braize

02-26-2013

Oh look, another issue related to bruisers with gap closers. Seems to be the trend, along with tanky supports being better than most other supports.

Yeah I agree totally on the ult issue. Even if you do push a bruiser out, he will jump right back on you or your carry. Or if he doesn't, another bruiser will

Aeolian Melodies

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneymonkey View Post
I think people arent playing her because playing her mediocre isnt going to beat the other supports. You actually have to want to learn her to get to where you can beat just about any support. The other supports arent hard to master, so people rather choose them over Janna. If I want to go easy mode I will choose taric or lulu or whoever else. If I want to win, I go janna because I know she has the most influence out of all the supports in winning a game.

Im not sure why pro supports dont pick Janna. Maybe they do think she needs to be buffed or she doesnt go with their strategies. Either way I side with the live team in thinking she is balanced. If she does get buffed, great I'm all for it. I just wont be surprised if she doesnt.
With all those pure AD things going on
With all those bruisers and assassins comps going on just diving straight for the carry
With all those aggressive bot lanes (which Janna used to control pretty well)
With those "poke-push-gtfo" comps

I just can't bring myself to think that Janna isn't picked because she does not fit the pros' strategy. And it's true that before the nerfs I wouldn't see a LOT of others Janna due to her skillcap but I'd see SOME at least, now it's me or nobody. You don't just need to be a very good Janna to win your lane now, you need to be a better player overall than the enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazral View Post
Now that Lulu can't polymorph interrupt the Leona dive, I have to turn to the lovely Janna to get the job done. Bump for Lulu nerfs indirectly buffing Janna
Good luck justiying Janna in a team just because you can interrupt Zenith Blade with Howling Gale (and inb4 Riot removes that from her too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaany View Post
Didn't read your post. Janna's a great champion. She doesn't need any buffs.

I love how if you make your post long enough you will get upvotes regardless of the content.
If you didn't bother to read my post then why do you bother with RESPONDING to it? You have no idea what I'm talking about and what arguments/ideas I brought to the table. Get out.

And I'm pretty confident not everybody is as lazy as you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazral View Post
Any of you ever played Janna in ARAZ before? It's pretty funny.

Bump!
Yes. Hardly a relevant point though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Arent David View Post
Her kit is just way to good to be able to be balanced as a support.
They said that about Sona and they ended up being able to balance her, I'm confident they can do it with Janna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
There's a test on the PBE of lowering her ult's mana costs, BTW.

Also, ADC & Jungle Janna are fun. They really WTF'd when I flashed into the pit to steal dragon, then ulted them out of the way for a clean getaway.
Yeah I saw. That's cool but it's not the issue with Janna (although it is pretty swell that they're realizing that the mana cost on that is ridiculous).

Also different builds are cool. Like I said I did everything with Janna. But the fact of the matter is that she's mostly supposed to be a support and she can hardly do her job well recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosef View Post
I like how she starts with 10 armor at level 1, when every other support has more. I guess that's the price you pay for wearing bikinis to a battlefield.
Janna has more starting armor than Sona (and possibly Soraka I don't remember). Of course tanky supports have better base stats but among squishy supports, she's fine in that department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
Aren't they buffing her by lowering her ult cost next patch?
Apparently. I did that thread before that though, and ontop of that I believe her mana costs are the LEAST of her worries. Riot isn't looking at this on the right direction.

Vixsy

02-27-2013

bump