The better you win/loss ratio becomes, the more AD bruisers you see

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

02-26-2013

You know that W/L ratio means nothing, and the MM is 100% determined by hidden elo/MMR and population queuing at the time right? Riot also expanded the Dominion MM parameters quite a while ago to be way more 'flexible' with who it grabs for games than you would see in SR. I've seen some featured games with high elo Dominion premades where the 4th/5th man the MM gives them has absolutely no idea what they're doing and they lose. I have no doubt those premades had uber high W/L records, but did it matter at all to the MM? No.

Orphane

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
I hope you realize that I'm nearing 30 wins over my losses.
If you want to use that as a qualification I've maintained a +70 wins over losses since I've been playing Dominion. Is that still supposed to mean something?

Koravel

02-26-2013

Quote:
There's no such thing as ranked Dom, but if there were you would see the same Elo "flaunting" as a sort of certificate of a level of play. Elo is just win/loss ratio extrapolated into a ranking number. A 50/50 ratio will mean you're at an average level of play, winning just as many games as you lose; anything above 50/50 is above average play while anything below 50/50 is below average play. It's the exact same thing as Elo, but again, Dom doesn't have any displayed Elo for any type of Dom game.

In all honesty, it's no wonder that the SR crowd thinks the Domers are retarded when you all act this ****ing retarded.
You are completely and entirely incorrect.

Let's take player A. Player A starts out his dominion career on a huge hot-streak, winning 40 out of his first 50 games, for a starting record of 40-10. Having now been placed relatively high on elo, he stays at around 30 W/L difference for a long long time.

Player B starts out his Dominion career 20-30. Having been placed at a relatively low elo, he works his way up until he reaches the same W/L ratio as Player A.

Are these two players at roughly the same elo? Most likely not, though really, you have no way at all to tell. W/L ratio really doesn't mean anything. A +70 guy and a +30 guy could be at the same elo. That simply isn't how elo works.

I think we also discovered that playing against a premade lowered your elo by significantly less for a loss than a normal loss, and raised it by quite a bit more if you won. So that would also throw a wrench into your statement.

FDru

02-26-2013

50/50 doesn't mean you're at an average elo. The value of your wins and losses is determined by the average elo of your team vs your enemy (which are always fluctuating).

Back when we could see our elo, I had 2100 elo with a 52% win rate at one time. That's a very average win rate but in the top .5 percentile of the playerbase (at the time).

DiscworldDeath

02-26-2013

Quote:
This should be immortalized in some way, even if we drop Duck's name from it.

Here's another point, as your Elo goes up, bruisers become more common, but as you go up even more, their numbers dwindle down a tad again.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post

Here's another point, as your Elo goes up, bruisers become more common, but as you go up even more, their numbers dwindle down a tad again.
here you go

Wolf Un1t

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
here you go
oh gawd did it have to be spongebob?

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Un1t View Post
oh gawd did it have to be spongebob?
Heh sry, that was the only real picture i could think of that matched the description. here is another go at it

Orphane

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Quote:

Just some thoughts on the subject

blackDAILO

02-26-2013

Oh look, another QQ thread from this guy.