Magewick, The Lost Practice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iRequiem

02-26-2013

only reason i dont find this viable is because his ult scales off AD other than that if you have 40% cdr like you do with AP tryn its pretty good.

No worries mate

02-26-2013

I seriously think magewick has potential. My brother builds him with Spirit visage and max CD reduction and wrecks faces.

Great Pyrenees

02-26-2013

I have decided to play around with Magewick and decide on a build I feel helps him the best I will let you know my results. Coodoes, at a 1 AP ratio I think hes viable.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Well that is interesting info about the AP boosting Q damage always. I wonder if/when they changed that, because it is a good change.

Still, you only have ONE nuke which does make AP not as desirable. Like you said though you mostly focus on tankiness and stuff.

Great Pyrenees

02-26-2013

Ok after playing with multiple builds I think I have found the WW sweet spot for pvp as a AP. I go 21 0 9 Masteries. Flat AP quints, yellows, blues with MPen reds. I start with Dorans ring and Im already hitting enemies for 135 Q's at lvl 1 healing myself for 115 ... win every trade. I build Catylist (A must have imo for sustain in lane) into a very early Rod of Ages then complete sorc shoes. Nashirs tooth, Unholy grail, all of a sudden im maxed CDR with high attck speed crazy sustain even without Qing their faces off. Upgrade boots to alclarity for consistent chase speed. Now you can choose Tanky mage or Kill mage, if no tanks on team build 2 more Rod of ages. If team has tanks build a Rylies and a Liandrys for insane WW hp % chunk sandwiches. I prefer ignite and teleport on Magewich. Nice idea, I think its viable but much less survivable than AP tryndamere. Why? Warwick's glaring flaw has always been his susceptability to high cc teams. However if you play smart you can definatly 1v1 anyone.

Matron Evaine

02-26-2013

well i play alot of magewick. and it depends on my team, if i got ap characters on team then its party at magewick's house, free ap and penetration with abyssal and wota.

but i only play this at dominion. always boots of mobility/sorc boots, forget W, Q and E is where its at. your R does magic dmg and has 5 ticks.

the item i rush is hextech sweeper/twin shadows. other items are as follows but in no particular order

spirit visage
abyssal scepter
WoTa
wooglet's
void staff

ive chased tanked out singed before. the guy had warmogs, rylai's blackfire...i proceeded to chase him down across the map and chunk him down for tons of health. zzzzzzz, his teammates sat there laughing at him getting "trolled" on by magewick. you try consistently running around at 500-600 MS with E almost always up with a Q doing tons

but its dominion, fun times

Lexinus

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Dude, Dorans ring is perfectly legit, but continuing to pile on AP is just dumb. As stated, 18% of a 2k foe = 360 dmg, which means your first what... 100AP or so is worthless. Vs 3k foe thats 540 damage, meaning your first 250ish AP is useless?
No, the first 100 AP is not useless because the AP bonus is added to the %Max health damage. If that were the case, I would not be making an in-depth guide to playing Warwick AP. I know what I am talking about. I've been playing Warwick for 3 years.

Lexinus

03-04-2013

Sorry, I don't mean to deter people from commenting on my guide, but please don't downvote just because it isn't your cup of tea. Give feedback, try it out some time in a custom. You never know, you might enjoy yourself.

Lexinus

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron Evaine View Post
well i play alot of magewick... if i got ap characters on team then its party at magewick's house
This made me lol.

So hard.