Improved health bars, coming soon to a league near you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeadlikeJunn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

oh god school rulers

Freakooo

02-25-2013

@ Xelnath / Riot

Can you guys work on customizing Health Bars? Sometimes during a hectic team fight, I lose sight of my champion.

I think having an option of your health bar/name tag be a completely different color from rest of the players would be extremely helpful and not give any unfair advantages. I would love to see this in the game

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

02-25-2013
14 of 18 Riot Posts

Your tag already is a different color. It's just not enough of a change.

Freakooo

02-26-2013

Do you mean it's not enough of a change to work on it? Or not enough of a change that people still lose themselves?

Here's a link to an old thread with a lot of support.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=453035

I had it installed but the thing stopped working after one of the patches. It helped a lot when it did work though

Visko

02-26-2013

To quote Barney Gumble, "I like it!"

Visko

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakooo View Post
@ Xelnath / Riot

Can you guys work on customizing Health Bars? Sometimes during a hectic team fight, I lose sight of my champion.

I think having an option of your health bar/name tag be a completely different color from rest of the players would be extremely helpful and not give any unfair advantages. I would love to see this in the game
Great suggestion

nick44532

Recruiter

02-26-2013

numbers with the health bars, would be better !

Iceland

Recruiter

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Hello Summoners,

Since the launch of the game, it's been hard to see how much health a champion has. We've revisited our assumptions in what information needs to be clearly conveyed to players and updated the champion health bars to handler higher health.

Here you can see how the original health bars worked:

Attachment 620771

Once Amumu passed 3,200 health, the notches stopped increasing and it is very hard to count how much health an opponent has.

Here, Amumu is modelling the new health bars:
Attachment 620772

When you cross the 1,000 health threshold, a full, dark tick now appears. This makes it easier to see how many thousands of health your opponent has.

While we tried many, many iterations, we chose this one because it balanced between familiarity (no need to re-learn what 1 tick means!) and clarity past 2,000 health.

What do you think?

"A different view..." - Kha'zix
bump, along with the relevant quote ;D

Arkrothe

02-26-2013

The grey ticks for missing health may be hard to notice in heated fights.

Zedd61

02-26-2013

I didn't know Amumu had a dream of being a model...New skin...Catwalk Amumu?