Vayne builds in "high elo" Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

02-25-2013

Get in range to auto-attack, get in range of Vi.

Vi wins. Fatality!

MyDeadGrandma

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
Get in range to auto-attack, get in range of Vi.

Vi wins. Fatality!
Cool, she can do every 2 minutes what Xin does every 10 seconds.

Playing a carry is bad news against bruisers if you're team is uncoordinated, regardless of who the carry or the bruisers are.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Cool, she can do every 2 minutes what Xin does every 10 seconds.
Except that Vayne, played well, is great against Xin.

Quote:
I have tried both the lifesteal/raw ad builds and the IE/crit builds. It really does come down to personal skill in regards to which one is better.

Obviously you scale harder with the crit strikes, but you don't heal as much and your early/mid game sort of suffers.
The trick is that its generally not a choice to "do more damage" or to "lifesteal more". The real choice is "lifesteal lots" or "die to a breeze" with the occasional "die to a breeze despite lots of lifesteal". Ranged AD was already the hardest role to play in dominion S2, and then they got nerfed across the board for S3.

Another factor to the "in regards to which one is better", is that it is also highly dependent on how skilled your enemies are. In lower skilled games, there are mistakes you can make that won't get punished. In higher skilled games, you pay for them more.

Chaosos

02-25-2013

Hai, another high ELO here

Blade/Boots/Pots
LANTERN MOTHA****AH
Sanguine
PD
IE if game by some miracle isn't over. If you finish this, you win instantly since you're playing vayne.

Basically, without lantern, as vayne, you lose. Vayne's biggest weakness is bushes. What solves? LANTERN.

TBE

02-25-2013

Buddha has no idea how to play vayne that's all.

SifuCalvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

You're going to want to avoid Vayne unless you are certain that you have a team that is capable of a little peel/disruption for you. You're 90% going to face champions that have the ability to single handedly fight you/gib you for the majority of the game until you have 6 items so unless your team is coordinated you will have a bad time. Every time I play with or against a Vayne there is usually only a 20-30% chance that they will be fed enough to amount to anything by 15 minutes.

Watch BuddhaRice/Brownbruiser play Vayne if you want to keep it up because they are the most consistently successful Vaynes in High Elo.

konfetarius

02-26-2013

Quote:
Except that Xin, played well, is great against Vayne. Unlike Vi, for example, he can still hit her after getting condemned away. Vi won't reach an intelligent Vayne without R, and won't hit her with a follow up Q unless the Vayne player forgot what fingers are.

Ahlen

02-26-2013

I see mostly attackspeed.

BuddhaRice

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawNuff View Post
I'm not a vayne expert or anything, but I'm pretty sure Xin > Vayne. Anybody with a gap closer is hell for vayne.

PimpinOG

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaRice View Post
I'm not a vayne expert or anything, but I'm pretty sure Xin > Vayne. Anybody with a gap closer is hell for vayne.
More and more champs in s3 era have gap closers and CC both built in, expect 2+ people jumping at squishies that die in 3 hits