Code: Allows game ruining?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OhnoUDidn

10-17-2010

So...I was just looking over the code of conduct, and there's nothing in there to discourage people from ruining games?

Pissed off that you called mid and someone else takes it? You're clear to go intentionally feed for 25 minutes.

Disagree with something someone on your team said - go afk at the fountain, there's NOTHING in the code stopping you.

The community perception is right - Riot enforcement is a joke, and until the code and their enforcement of it changes, every game you join has decent odds of being totally ruined by one bad egg, because nothing's being done to stop/discourage them from doing it.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2010

You missed the part where they said your account is subject to termination at any point, with or without reason.

That's basically a cover-all clause. If they want to ban you for interruption to the game, not much you can do.

Bainemo

10-17-2010

Have you never reported someone? There's a special slot just for "intentional disruption of gameplay".

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainemo View Post
Have you never reported someone? There's a special slot just for "intentional disruption of gameplay".
Last time I checked this was broken for me, and all I got was "Verbal Harassment". I report them anyway though, and confirmed with Jesse they still go through.

Maybe this was fixed O.o

OhnoUDidn

10-17-2010

Quote:
I've reported a lot of people, but this is exactly my problem with the situation:

1) There's nothing in the code explicitly saying they can and will ban you for in game antics (other than spamming, or communicating inappropriate material).
2) There's never been any evidence of Riot taking action based on reports.

At this point, I'm convinced that the "report" feature is just there as a placebo to make people FEEL like Riot is discouraging the behavior, when in fact, they don't actually do anything about it.

Eambo

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhnoUDidn View Post
I've reported a lot of people, but this is exactly my problem with the situation:

1) There's nothing in the code explicitly saying they can and will ban you for in game antics (other than spamming, or communicating inappropriate material).
2) There's never been any evidence of Riot taking action based on reports.

At this point, I'm convinced that the "report" feature is just there as a placebo to make people FEEL like Riot is discouraging the behavior, when in fact, they don't actually do anything about it.
Keep an eye on the H&S forums, plenty of people banning and QQing or Querying it. Had one guy threatening to sue Riot, which gave me mucho luls.

OhnoUDidn

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eambo View Post
Keep an eye on the H&S forums, plenty of people banning and QQing or Querying it. Had one guy threatening to sue Riot, which gave me mucho luls.
If that's the case, great, but the bottom line is 90% of the community doesn't believe it. I've seen MANY players will fully decked out accounts (including skins - they're PAYING YOU MONEY) who intentionally feed or ruin games with no concern about there being any consequences.

If there's no fear of consequence for breaking it, the code of conduct doesn't mean anything.

Eambo

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhnoUDidn View Post
If that's the case, great, but the bottom line is 90% of the community doesn't believe it. I've seen MANY players will fully decked out accounts (including skins - they're PAYING YOU MONEY) who intentionally feed or ruin games with no concern about there being any consequences.

If there's no fear of consequence for breaking it, the code of conduct doesn't mean anything.
I agree Riot don't publicise it enough, but then again I understand that if they posted the names of banned users, they could be accused of singling people out or making fools of them in public. Riot like to try and do it "behind the scene" but I can 100% guarantee you people have been, and will continue to be, banned - whether they buy RP or not.

Tieryal

10-17-2010

Quote:
verbal harassment is the only one that shows up by default.

If you mouse over the other options, they appear like normal, it just looks like they aren't there.