These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Míley Dyrus

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Should our community be able to talk things out maturely? Yes.
Does it? No.
What happens when the community doesn't? You lose LP if you dodge.
Either give us a vote to kick option, make an official stance on order, or remove the LP loss from dodging.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Austinodood

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
One of the reasons I posted this, is that anyone who finds it ridiculous, is sort of insulting themselves as part of the community I'm referring to.
I am insulting ourselves. We are a bad community. You shouldn't trust us to be "mature"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just A Game Brah

Senior Member

02-25-2013

@ Rioters. It has nothing to do with maturity. It has everything to do with prisoners' dilemma. Look it up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ICStars77

Senior Member

02-25-2013

@honzo are you trying to say you can't carry a team as support? Support is honestly one of if not the easiest way to "carry" games especially at low elo. Was under 1000 elo(back in season 1/2) for the longest time then picked up support and started warding objectives and calling things out and started winning a LOT of games. If you know how to support well you dictate the entire flow of the game. Just saying....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skarthe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Just for reference, since I see some people still thinking it's because he's a Rioter - I'm not a Rioter but I've had almost the same kinds of queues as Griftrix: people being nice and working with each other so that everyone can get a role they can play. I just hit Bronze I yesterday, so maybe rank has something to do with it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RevelASIAN

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Because I think we have a very good community overall.
You must be delusional. Play on an account where people dont know you're a Rioter, your opinion will change.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xRhuarCx

Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I have faith that our community is mature enough to discover that talking to the other players and working things out together is the best strategy.
You say this like you actually believe this? You say this because you actually think that there isnt millions of kids playing this game with the 100% sole purpose is to make their team lose because THAT is what is fun to them... That they dont run to there friends afterwards and laugh and brag about how they just completely and udderly made their team lose because they wouldnt pick or play right.

I've played in games where kids have picked an already picked lane in which a champion was picked for that lane and said idgaf i want to play this role and auto locks a champion... then proceeds to run from lane to lane letting the enemy hit them once and standing in turret range...... Ya.. sure.. report them... That does nothing for the game you were with them and for the games they do this exact same thing in until people finally filter through the tribunal that is packed full of these same types of players to finally first time give them a warning and then countless other times til they get banned.... Oh then they fire up another acct or just log into another one they already have and do it all over again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
32 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICStars77 View Post
@Griftrix while some of you comments have been hilarious - very true, but your responses to people who are very close/simple minded made me laugh - unfortunately even if you go into champ select polite and try and work things out people still rage hard if you do poorly. I'm not saying this has been the norm for me I 100% agree with most of what you're saying. That being said I'm a TERRIBLE mid and was forced to mid before even after saying multiple times I'm terrible at mid. Most of my team raged at me for feeding when I did poorly. The sad truth is that **** happens from time to time.

As a whole though, I've had a fairly good experience with ranked going into champ select open minded and able to do multiple roles . This thread has made me laugh - thank you grif lol
Yeah, raging isn't 100% preventable by being nice, but there is a lot less of it. I've once had someone apologize after a game for having a negative attitude. He said that we were right, and we were going to win, he just didn't realize it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Honzo

Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICStars77 View Post
@honzo are you trying to say you can't carry a team as support? Support is honestly one of if not the easiest way to "carry" games especially at low elo. Was under 1000 elo(back in season 1/2) for the longest time then picked up support and started warding objectives and calling things out and started winning a LOT of games. If you know how to support well you dictate the entire flow of the game. Just saying....
You seem to be missing my point, a lot of my games this season have been as Leona as I try to take the support role when no one else wants it. I do not enjoy playing support but I realize its my best chance at winning and it defuses situations so I do it often to help the team. My point is that even doing this I often have games where people troll because they have a dispute about call/pick order and no matter how much I try to help them they still troll. Usually I will dodge (and be punished for 30 mins) to avoid a bad game but when I have had many promotion games where I can't dodge and am forced to play in this situation. So by being a good guy I usually have to play a class I don't like and am not the best at and frequently have to sit out for 30 minutes for dodging toxic games. I hope you get my point this time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GFranco

Member

02-25-2013

Why are people downvoting the idea of having decent conversations and figuring out what the best line up is for the whole team?

Anyways, here's my opinion.

Ranked - It's purpose is to win/have fun (more to win). Stick with ideas/builds you know work. Be a team player and work with each other. Some people are narrow-minded. That's ok. Hopefully they will eventually grow. If you need to fill a role (and can), do it. If not, let everyone know and see if they're willing to try something different from the current meta or if someone would like to switch.

Normal - It's purpose is more so to have fun. Gives you the advantage of playing against people and trying out new ideas (hopefully you played practice first). Try different tactics or old ones. Use new builds and characters. Certain things still need to happen though. Wards, objectives, protecting teammates, etc.

Lastly, it seems to me Riot is trying hard not to interfere too much with League. It would stifle creativity. They can't choose to say pick order matters because no one person is right and the last person on the order would be screwed each time. The idea is that you're placed in a team with right around your skill level (give or take a few). That's not to say you can't beat someone above you, it just means that at that point in time, they racked a few more elo points than you. Big deal. Everyone goes up and down on points all the time.

P.S. Talking to people, being that example of what a good person is, will affect people. Sure you won't always get what role/champion you want but that's the game. People will have opinions on the best way to play it and no one will entirely match up with others. The goal is to work together and help expand other people at the same time. That's why it's important to help each other out.