These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quartaroy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

My personal experiences.

I main mid, I'm am incredibly good at mid and have excellent win rates with it, but as what I feel is an honorable and appreciative move, even when I'm first pick, I often give up mid to those who want it.

Remarkably, I suffer continual losses filling roles that I am subpar at. I have horrendous win rates at support, but is often the role I am left with after forfeiting my best roles to others. I continually am dissapointed at the mistakes my allies make as I watch them lose their lanes.

So, by forfeiting my best role, I am forfeiting my rating. I am forfeiting my own fun in the game. In a sense... making the game not worth playing. As I gain neither fun, nor progress from 'playing friendly' with my allies.

Rueian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Camel Rider View Post
If you arent playing to win, you shouldnt be playing ranked.

That IS an official stance.
And yet we get casuals in ranked who would rather not know every role, not own every champ, and not play to win.

Curlyfry

02-25-2013

Im going to be honest, I did jungle from Silver 1 to plat and ONLY Jungle. I wasnt going to give up my best role I knew I could carry, I didn't care about pick order or anything. Sure it made me an *******, but we won a lot. I flew to plat skipping gold 4 and 2 constantly carrying my games because I did what was best for winning. Sure I could be like you Griftrix and chill with everyone and make us work as a team. But then again I would probably still be Silver 1 that way. Or maybe Bronze 2. Its solo queue after all.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
28 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnPie View Post
The problem is when although you communicate, maybe some other people don't.

A hypothetical scenario.
Mr 1, 2,3,4 and you all enter lobby.
Mr1: Top
Mr2: Support main, only play support
Mr3: Mid or feed
Mr4: Jungle
You: Hey guys, I'll go anywhere, but just letting you know that my ADC is pretty bad.
You: Anyone willing to trade roles with me? I'm sure someone could play it better
Game starts: You were forced to play ADC, and attempt to try your best

A few early losses, and soon the enemy ADC is snowballing.
Mr2: omg noob adc can't last hit.
You: I did tell you guys that I wasn't the best at ADC.
Mr4: All report ADC, noob Ezreal.

It really leaves you with a sour taste in your mouth.
That was my best graves game ever. We won, the jungler on our team paid special attention to bot because he knew I would need help. I played very safe, and my support was able to get me fed.

My last ADC game was absolutely terrible. I played it in a 5 queue, it didn't go well. If you are friendly and honest in champ select, there isn't all that raging that you describe, even with a losing game in ranked.

btw, I am a noob Ezreal. So bad at him...

Xephen

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I feel like the sample of people posting otherwise in this thread is a minority. I don't know how it is in higher Elos, but at my low Elo, with the attitude I bring, things are not a problem in my experience, in the vast majority of games.
I am silver 3 almost silver 2. at the start of the game I list the roles I can do best at in order. I have had about three games where people have switched roles with me, without me even asking because I said I was best at that role. through my whole ranked experience from season 1 - 3 (now) I have only had a handful of games where there was a troll that was so bad I could not strike peace with him, or work with him to win. Trolls are trolls and want to be heard and want to be right. They also want to win just as much, if not more than us. They just want to troll as well.

I have had a full team-select where everyone but me was cussing at each other. In game I would not say to much, but would remain kind, say don't worry about the mistakes made, and just was nice because everyone makes mistakes and a lot of times people troll because they think they are about to be yelled at anyways so may as well control it. So really if your going to get trolled make the best of it because it happens in everything not just league.

Also a little video for you all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxE8w...layer_embedded

Rueian

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartaroy View Post
My personal experiences.

I main mid, I'm am incredibly good at mid and have excellent win rates with it, but as what I feel is an honorable and appreciative move, even when I'm first pick, I often give up mid to those who want it.

Remarkably, I suffer continual losses filling roles that I am subpar at. I have horrendous win rates at support, but is often the role I am left with after forfeiting my best roles to others. I continually am dissapointed at the mistakes my allies make as I watch them lose their lanes.

So, but forfeiting my best role, I am forfeiting my rating. I am forfeiting my own fun in the game. In a sense... making the game not worth playing. As I gain neither fun, nor progress from 'playing friendly' with my allies.
learn the other roles... is all i can say. I am bored in most roles, so i call the role i like. But i can play fairly well most if not all roles. I'm just sick of support and jungle because they do not 'carry' they help the rest of the team carry.

HeroicCookie

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartaroy View Post
My personal experiences.

So, by forfeiting my best role, I am forfeiting my rating. I am forfeiting my own fun in the game. In a sense... making the game not worth playing. As I gain neither fun, nor progress from 'playing friendly' with my allies.
My experience is similar except it is top that I main.

SkeithGotBanned

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageRose View Post
post like this... Griftrix is always spamming thi ame MSG in every post he find relating to pick> call.

Simple fact is, we do not have the time to discuss roles an there are people set or only can play 1 role. Riot needs to give players a free 3rd rune page on lv 30. increase champs needed for ranked to like 20-25 this way people just don't buy the 450 IP ones to rush into it. and add on "Players need X # of games played/Won in order to play ranked"

this will greatly reduce the # of trolls. Fresh lv 30s will no longer be a hindrance on serious players. you will actually have accumulated more skill. And you will have had the time to create and fill at least 3 full different rune pages for 3/5 roles which Morello has said you should know if you wish to play ranked.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3145049

no one really looks the player behavior forums

lol

Sentient23

02-25-2013

if im busy screaming about how that apple on the tree is mine and no one else can take it, when someone does walk along before me and takes that apple, it doesnt change the fact that im still hungry does it?

zeroempathy

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Logos View Post
Take this scenario if we had the rule that pick order comes first....
Player 1: Top
Player 3: Top
Player 1: Hey man I have pick order, I'll get top
Player 3: But I'm a great top, mind if I take?
Player 1: (Two options here) Fine you can have it.
Naw man I'm gonna take, first pick comes first.
In this case, player 1 deserves to get counter picked for FP top ^_^