These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tigsen

02-25-2013

This whole discussion with Griftrix is a complete waste of time. He obviously doesn't get it. He is living in an illusory world where there is no selfishness and there are no trolls who have no desire to communicate nor compromise. I can only guess that he wears blinders during the games where such individuals show up... nah nah nah nah nah... everyone is getting along... nah nah nah nah nah.

The only way to solve this issue, in my opinion, is to create two queues for people wanting to join ranked games. One queue works just the way the system does now... a free-for-all where trolls rule supreme. The second, new queue, would be one where you have to pick which role or roles you are willing to play on a team and when you're assigned to a team you're assigned one of those roles. There... everyone is happy with their position, there is no need to argue. If you don't like waiting for a team in such a queue then join the normal queue. Everyone wins.

Tegakari

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
How well do you think someone who claims to be terrible at support will do at support? Do you really want to have that person playing their worst role?

Let me give an example for those who want a structured system.

Person 1 and 2 call mid. Here is the right thing to do. Ask each other what other roles they are good at. Decide together which one should play mid, considering team composition and counter picking. If one of the players states a role that has not yet been filled as a secondary role they are good at, then this becomes easy.
Is this a troll post? This person seems totally unaware of all of the topics and arguments that have come up prior in this thread.

ALL FLASH

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbur View Post
im saying that its irrelevant ...

Add to that, the fact that it would only insite an overwhelming negative atitude towards a single player who maybe trying to get better at that role... no ... its just plain and simple BAD

its like going to McDonalds and requiring that you watch the security video AFTER you have eaten it ... do u really wanna know that kid spit in your burger ... oooooor is ignorance bliss and that burger is gonna taste like **** either way sooooo....
Being that the Percent would only be in RANK I don't feel it would be that bad. Honestly I do get VERY upset in rank matches when guys go "First Time Jarvan" just because they want to "Get better" at a role, when they should be trying to get better at a role in normals.

However I can see how it'd be harmful as well so I'm not arguing against what you're trying to say but to be honest when someone is trolling or raging in a select screen the entire game (select order, call) is irrelevant due to it's gonna end up bad no matter what.

Maybe a Voting Kick system would be better for a negative player in the select? That way you wouldn't have to dodge and it'd take the vote of 4 to kick/remove the negative player from the match or 3 to remove a Duo? That way we wouldn't have a troll game or dodge where we lose league points? However the kicked player would go through the same deal as if they dodged. Minus points and wait time.

fragilEmEntal

02-25-2013

This is all because of those who don't wanna play support or sometimes jungle.

As a supporter main, I can tell you this. Supporter ISN'T boring. Only unskilled ones think that supporters only place wards and share exp behind their adc. Its not.

Maou

02-25-2013

Quote:
I have faith that our community is mature enough to discover that talking to the other players and working things out together is the best strategy.
I really wish this were something I could believe, but sadly it's not. For ranked games, maybe it just depends on your ELO where people are genuinely trying to work together and not bash each other for one simple mistake which then in turn causes the game to be a loss. But I play at Silver III and more than half of my games turn out where one person is just being an ******* and causing the loss.

For example, a recent ranked game where the adc Caitlyn takes Cleanse and Exhaust. Dies at level 2 due to an early jungle gank, proceeds to blame and harass our jungle (me) because he died. So for the next 30 minutes in the game I was called F*ggot, N*gger, and every other word in the book. Let's take a guess how that game turned out?

Nbur

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dying Dream View Post
Is English not your primary language, or are you just an idiot?

Get this, buddy: I'm not a jerk. I don't troll anybody. I don't flame anybody. I don't insult anybody.

I just obey the pick order.

And you seem to have a problem with it. Should I bend over and let you screw me in the ass too?

Here's one for you: **** you too. If you want to play mid and you're 4th pick and I'm the guy banning champions, guess what?
your upvote is from me...

i like you here, for now...

your the geuinee pig, oooo how i love test subjects coming forward so willingly in a thread obviously soooo watched by the reds.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
20 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by llDeathCowll View Post
And the award for most blatantly ignorant statement posted on this forum goes to....Griftrix
You have played 191 ranked matches in season 3. I have played 161 ranked matches in season 3. You are bronze 1 currently, I am bronze 2. (I hate looking people up, it's so creepy ) I will assert that our experience in games queued in season 3 is almost the same. You barely have more games played than me. I wonder why my champ select experience is so different than yours. Do you think my ignorance is because I'm easy to get along with in champion select and would rather help people work things out?

Yami arashi

02-25-2013

Quote:
Be polite, and help facilitate the communication. (sorry for picking here, I'm just joking but) removing your caps lock or shift key might help ^_^
remove shift key... remove shift key... remove shift key
is what alot of ppl should do XD, as ive stated before in other thread, pick order should be this, helping from champion trades

First pick: Support
Second pick: ADC
Third pick: jungle
Fourth pick: mid/top
Fivfth pick: mid/top

I think is the best way to counter/anti counter, just because of that, every time im first pick i call support, and when im between the 3 first picks i never call mid or top, afraid of getting hard countered, and when im at 4 or 5 pick, i try to call for top, wich is my best role

xXJayeDuBXx

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigsen View Post
This whole discussion with Griftrix is a complete waste of time. He obviously doesn't get it. He is living in an illusory world where there is no selfishness and there are no trolls who have no desire to communicate nor compromise. I can only guess that he wears blinders during the games where such individuals show up... nah nah nah nah nah... everyone is getting along... nah nah nah nah nah.

The only way to solve this issue, in my opinion, is to create two queues for people wanting to join ranked games. One queue works just the way the system does now... a free-for-all where trolls rule supreme. The second, new queue, would be one where you have to pick which role or roles you are willing to play on a team and when you're assigned to a team you're assigned one of those roles. There... everyone is happy with their position, there is no need to argue. If you don't like waiting for a team in such a queue then join the normal queue. Everyone wins.
That's hilarious. You make it sound as if all it takes nothing at all to make a change like that.

Ding an Sich

02-25-2013

How do people get baited into these threads with Hash? It is always a statement painted more with negative emotion, that is utterly meant to rile people up. It never solves anything because it is never in any direction to solve anything, it's simply a pitchfork party.

And when you finally get either a random red (like Grift), or a red very personally and professionally indebted in the topic (Xyph responded sometime ago with a thread hash was pushing about HoG among other things), all that follows is non-sequiturs that just further to fester the wound that is the topic, and it goes nowhere.