These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elgreezy

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
How will being as stubborn as them make your game experience better?
Right now the system rewards being subborn. One player can instalock and refuse to budge and now the rest of the team has to work around them. It also doesn't help that Riot staff seem to be stuck in a fantasy world where they believe their playerbase is filled with mature adults who are more than willing to compromise in order to do what's best for their team. I can assure you this isn't remotely close to the experience I've had with your game.

And yes I always try to do what's best for the team. In fact I've made support my main role since that seems to be the least desireable position but watching my fellow summoners argue all game because they didn't get the role they wanted is getting old quick. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nbur

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dying Dream View Post
Yes, enjoy. Because I'm the player that is ready to play any role. I'm the player that isn't going to kick and scream if I don't get what I want when I'm a late pick.

And I'm the player that won't take a lower picks **** when they decide to cry if I play what I want as an early pick.

So yes, I'm that player. The one that accepts that he doesn't get to play what he wants every game and doesn't complain when he can't.

Deal.
i just read i play all roles like a pro.

i play the role i wanted because im pro

(bassed on the previous post) I will never see them again soooo, **** them (your exact words)

yes... you are exactly the type of player we need to watch to make the 100% un deniable case that there is flaws in the "dont be a jerk" stance riot has taken... either that, or your punk ass will be banned...

either way i hope your a test subject.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeroicCookie

Senior Member

02-25-2013

I made a thread to sort, store and discuss ideas here:http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3165730

go go go!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hotfire

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
How well do you think someone who claims to be terrible at support will do at support? Do you really want to have that person playing their worst role?

Let me give an example for those who want a structured system.

Person 1 and 2 call mid. Here is the right thing to do. Ask each other what other roles they are good at. Decide together which one should play mid, considering team composition and counter picking. If one of the players states a role that has not yet been filled as a secondary role they are good at, then this becomes easy.
What I'm still kinda gettin out of this is that if 4th pick demands mid and you take mid, you are wrong. Therefor, obnoxious wins out

( I don't really play sr let alone ranked anymore, champ select too frustrating)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vecuu

Senior Member

02-25-2013

@Griftrix

I love it when you show up to a thread. You stir the pot, not by trolling, but by speaking plainly and logically and making it difficult for others to support their own biased opinions.

You are awesome.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

natemiddleman2

Senior Member

02-25-2013

There is no such thing as calling. If someone says "mid" I assume that means I am best at mid but will do something else if a higher pick takes it. If they don't I just report them and move on, but that is a problem in itself. If Riot doesn't take a stance on this, it is not technically trolling to pick a second or even a third jungle.

PS
@Griftrix make a second account to post your opinions on. Red posts in a serious thread need to be relevant and helpful and yours rarely are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

madFerret

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I know, but I refuse to give up. I have many many friendly games, and it's because of attitudes in champ select. I want to share that with others so they can have as much fun as I do.
Maybe being a Rioter also helps your experience...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nbur

Senior Member

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix

How will being as stubborn as them make your game experience better?
just for ****s and giggles imma go find that red post from last week where a rioter said that they dont cave to the trolls. Something to the effect that they do not allow these toxic trolls to just come in and troll until they get what they want. it shows them that trolling works and if they throw a big enough tantrum they get what they want.

i love in in consistancy
the rioter said exactly nothing more than question you are posing ...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
18 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyryck View Post
Quit living in a fantasy world where everybody gets together and sings Kumbuyah all the time when people just 'find time to sit down and talk'.

I don't know how often you actually PLAY the game you're talking about,...
Multiple games a night, usually for 4 hours or so. Played over 100 ranked in season 3 at bronze 3 and bronze 2 divisions.

Why do you think I have these positive views of ranked queuing and you don't? Could it possibly be because of my attitude in champion select? I would also like to remind you that I don't have Riot in my name, and have only been recognized in game about 6 or 7 times.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

type1Rush

Senior Member

02-25-2013

I only play 1 role.. I jungle.. Jungling, either by forcing my way into it, or happily taking it because nobody else wanted it, has raised my tier from bronze IV to silver II.. I rarely play something other than jungle.. I dont care if im last pick, I dont care if somebody else called it, I dont care if somebody already locked in, I am going to jungle..
I am that thick headed asshat that this thread is complainging about, and guess what, I completely agree with the people in this thread.. Riot needs to come out and take a stance, regardless. Riot needs to make a queue system where you select the role you want while queueing up. Riot needs to accept that this game isnt full of people who will communicate. But instead, it is filled with thicked headed asshats like me..

Deal with it Riot, and grow up already. Either take a stance, like a man, or make a system to eliviate the problems that champion select brings ((seeing is how it is generally accepted that most games are won or lost in champion select)).