These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GigglesO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
It's not only about whether he's better at top than you. It's about if him at top and you somewhere else is in total a better combination than you top and him somewhere else.
I would generally agree with this, however if I am close to bottom pick for 3-4 games and then get first or second pick, I normally take the role I want.

The reason I do this is because I normally don't get the roll I want or I'm tired of playing the same role so many games in a row.

I firmly believe that pick order> call order.

That being said, I even try to help with trades if the first person wants top or mid.

The exception to pick order> call order in my opinion is adc support duo que bot.
Because normally they have a good amount of practice if they are specifically asking for it.

Coyotedash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPACEPISTOL View Post
Why is role queing not a good idea? I think that role queing would solve this problem.
Given that almost no one wants to play support how do you think a match making based on that would work? 30 minute ques because the 4 guys that like to play support were on a match at the same time

and if its just top mid jungle bot, then bot would want adc not support
too problematic

JoDari

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
What compromise?

Player 1: I want top and I'm first pick.
Player 2: ALL I CAN PLAY IS TOP IF I DON'T GET TOP WE LOSE GG CAN'T SUPPORT.
Player 1: Oh I guess I have to compromise away what I want to do.
More like...

Player5: Mid
Player1: Sorry, I am taking mid
Player5: I called it
Player1: I'm first pick. Summoner's code says pick order gets it.
Player5: No it doesn't. And I called it first.
Player3: Riot says to talk about it and compromise. Can we please compromise?
Player1: (Locks in Mid)
Player5: **** it. I'm feeding. (Locks in Revive)
Player3: What about compromise?

Maverick515

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dreadnaught View Post
HAshinshin you know riot is a ****ign terrible company in any field other than developement, they don't know what the **** they are doing, don't ask them these questions because they will just scratch their heads and release another champion
How productive lol

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
14 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
Let me ask you a question grif, have you ever played WoW?

If you have, have you ever gone on a raid?

What do you do when you can't find a healer because they are more rare than diamonds?

You wait until you can find one.

You don't pick up a random person and they say, "I'm going triple tank no healer".

What I'm trying to say is that you can have a perfect community, but at the end of the day people would rather just not play than sit there for 40 minutes wanting to suicide because the person they are supporting has several different 'learning difficulties' (to be politically correct).
Why do you think I made a shaman and paladin who can switch roles? Why do you think they made dual specs? Communication and flexibility.

Owlnoxus

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackulator View Post
Are you playing on an account that is tagged as being a Rioter? If so, your personal experience is basically meaningless.
When the cat is away
The mice come out to play

AotW King

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPACEPISTOL View Post
Why is role queing not a good idea? I think that role queing would solve this problem.
Because it would set an unbreakable Meta which is not how this game works, ADC support AP mid Bruiser these are all subject to change a year from now ADC's might not even be picked who knows can't just lock a Meta will break the game.

NotInTheButthole

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
It's not only about whether he's better at top than you. It's about if him at top and you somewhere else is in total a better combination than you top and him somewhere else. Looking at which of you is better top is the same problem as saying X champion is better top than jungle. It's not a question of are they better top or jungle, it's a question of if they are not top, is there a champion to fill top that is better at it, and also if they are jungle, are they better than some other champion there? It's opportunity cost. You have to think about what you are and aren't getting with the choice, not just 1 part of it.

Did I explain this well? I think I may have clouded it up.
When you used the word Opportunity Cost, i almost died, you are my hero, i dont think i have ever heard that term used correctly, thank you so much, faith in humanity has been restored

facedag

02-25-2013

it would seem the biggest problem that people are having are against those that join champ select and say something along the lines of "TOP OR AFK"

in this case, would it not be possible to implement a vote ban system, in which 4 votes to kick someone out of champ select will remove that person? it wouldn't solve the problem 100%, but should show a vast decrease in trolling and open the door for everyone to at least make some sort of compromise. it turns "TOP OR AFK" into "TOP OR AFK OR VOTE ME OUT OF QUEUE"

Plan665

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
Bull****. I'm friendly and flexible in champ select and I still get screwed by this ****. I want an official stance so the uncompromising idiots fighting amongst themselves won't screw me over.
Youíre on the internet, you canít expect Riot to fix that for you. Idiots will be idiots and you need to deal with that. Its rough, but if you want to avoid it, make a team with like minded players and then deal with only them.

The choice is yours. But dumb people are not leaving.