These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InertBlowfish

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
YOU can make it happen, next time someone wants the same role as you.
Why do you have faith Grif?

For the majority of people, support is boring. That is the essence of the problem.

Personally, I love support. But not in solo queue. Only when I know who my ADC is and we're on skype.

In solo queue, supporting makes you feel helpless as you cannot hard carry.

It is a vital role to the team, but even if you make perfect plays your team still may not follow up and you will still lose if they don't.

That's why people don't like supporting. It's got nothing to do with communication.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
9 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmNot Supporting View Post
We can't know the ins and outs of every person who comes into solo que with us. What I do know, is that I'm 4 picks ahead of the guy who is screaming 'TOP OR AFK', yet because he is unwilling to compromise, I am forced to acquiesce my best role on the chance that someone might, or might not be better at it than I am?
It's not only about whether he's better at top than you. It's about if him at top and you somewhere else is in total a better combination than you top and him somewhere else. Looking at which of you is better top is the same problem as saying X champion is better top than jungle. It's not a question of are they better top or jungle, it's a question of if they are not top, is there a champion to fill top that is better at it, and also if they are jungle, are they better than some other champion there? It's opportunity cost. You have to think about what you are and aren't getting with the choice, not just 1 part of it.

Did I explain this well? I think I may have clouded it up.

30 Helens

02-25-2013

Quote:
I'm bronze 2, and work out with other people who want to jungle the roles, and we have never had 2 junglers or someone being forced into something. Every time it's been a happy communication that led to a friendly game with better teamwork for it.
B/c people know who you are regardless of whether your name has a "riot" in it or not! Your presence saturates the forums, sir.

I am Bronze I and the scenario you say you've never had at Bronze II happens virtually every other game for me.

Dad Not Found

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Internet stalking is really creepy. Every time someone looks up another player, it get creeped out.
wait, seriously? You think lolking-ing someone's summoner name qualifies as "internet stalking"? I don't mean to be rude but that... might be the dumbest thing I've read all day.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
we do, that's part of the problem. we get fed up every single time not getting what we want (assuming it's mid/top).

thankfully I'm a support/jungle main so 99.9% of the time I'll get one of themw ithout an argument from anyone.

But other players your current system forces the nice ones to give in.

Fathomful

02-25-2013

There is always the nice fallback permanent option of playing this team based game with friends instead of randoms.

RavageRose

02-25-2013

heres another good suggestion since everyone is agreeing with mine.

Add a QUE ROLE option.

put in jungle/adc/supp/mid/top in a check list, have it to where players must select 2/5 at least. an have them que for ranked. Naturally the more roles you que for the less time your que will take. Do not let players see their role until they are in the game. this way they can not decline a match by seeing they are jungle when they want mid, or they are supp when they want top. make them que only for what they want.

this way no arguments an if you want specific roles you are gonna have longer waits.

ecstaSTEVE

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmNot Supporting View Post
Why are we even talking to this guy?

I'm pretty sure RIOT's paying some 16 year old kid 7.25 an hour to sit on these boards and try to deflect all of our genuine concerns so they don't have to deal with real problems.

He can't do anything. He wont do anything. He's just a strawman and we're all falling for it hook line and sinker.
lol, well good job alienating the one/two guys trying to put perspective on OP's statement. posts like the one i quoted keep more reds from posting.

tehdef

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathomful View Post
I love it, it is fantastic.

Although after 2 days it would be every single person queuing for support for insta games, then we are right back where we are.
And that's when you implement a kick system or you follow-up on "support queue" troll reports faster and punish players.

Rustmaker

02-25-2013

Quote:
I completely agree with you Grift. I have played almost 30 ranked games in Bronze II and have only had to dodge once due to a truly uncompromising player. I know that isn't a whole lot compared to the hundreds that many have played, but if I have to dodge only once every 30 games I can handle that.

The other 29 games have all gone very well in terms of champ select. This is not to say that once in-game people don't get frustrated over a loss, but it really is simple to compromise in champ select at least if you are willing to be the bigger person and try to make it happen.