These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

02-25-2013

Griftrix, Ryedan, look dudes, in every game I play, if champ select is quiet, I call fill and ask people that don't speak up what they would like to play. I've learned to play every role decently so that I'm always able to fill in if some decides they don't want to communicate until the last second. But that's it. I can only control what I do. What the hell am I supposed to do if 2+ other players decide to fight over a role? Do I deserve a dodge penalty because OTHER PEOPLE are being unreasonable *******s? I even try to mediate it, but it generally just causes more rage.

I'm not going to claim this happens every game, but it's happened to me often enough that I don't want to touch ranked now that I can't dodge. I don't understand why you can't support the pick order just as an impartial means to settle disputes. Not everyone in this game is a reasonable person. Every time you guys speak up about this it's just some idealistic bull**** from what sounds like a different planet filled with decent people.

And ffs let us report in champ select.

BiggerFish

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I have faith that our community is mature enough to discover that talking to the other players and working things out together is the best strategy.
...wrong

OwlCityBestCity

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceStubbs View Post
Yes, that so explains everything... I mean it says what they always said.

Which is nothing.
I was certain this was where Pen had came straight out and said "If you're the last pick, you are expected to fill."

He states that he views pick order as the right way in his personal opinion, which is enough for me in the long run.

As the Director of Player Experience, if he prefers pick order, I say, why don't we all?

phatcat09

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
The reality is, we would need to make structural changes to the game flow to enforce either side.
Then do it -.-...

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
7 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreepoto View Post
tell that to the bronze and silver players :/
I'm bronze 2, and work out with other people who want to jungle the roles, and we have never had 2 junglers or someone being forced into something. Every time it's been a happy communication that led to a friendly game with better teamwork for it.

AlmightyAtheismo

02-25-2013

Quote:
Internet stalking is really creepy. Every time someone looks up another player, it get creeped out.
I just google searched "Riot Griftrix Nude"

How do you feel now?

Goddess Farore

02-25-2013

I don't post a lot in the forums, but I will say this:

Almost every ranked game I play, I do not get to play my desired role (mid). I usually end up as support or jungle because they are typically the least desired. I am always "flexible" and "compromising" and never get what I want now. Compromise is suppose to be give and take. Not give give give. I am so scared of trolls now that if I am first pick and called mid first, I will generally let the whoever asked for it play it because at least they will be half-cooperative during the game. (Until they feed and blame everyone else.)

I always try to mediate in champ select and will play the least desired role, yet in almost 3/5 of my game I will get two people fighting over a role and it always ends with trolling. I beg these players to keep trying and not AFK in game, but as someone said before "they're teaching so-and-so a lesson" and "gg noobs it doesn't matter I won't get banned for this".

I have invested a lot of time and even money in this game and I have never been more disappointed in a game community and yes I have played COD and that says a lot. No matter how nice you are, how encouraging, supporting, you can be you will get trolled in at least fifty percent of your games.

50West

02-25-2013

Quote:
How well do you think someone who claims to be terrible at support will do at support? Do you really want to have that person playing their worst role?

Let me give an example for those who want a structured system.

Person 1 and 2 call mid. Here is the right thing to do. Ask each other what other roles they are good at. Decide together which one should play mid, considering team composition and counter picking. If one of the players states a role that has not yet been filled as a secondary role they are good at, then this becomes easy.
Except that only works 1% of the time. If two people call mid then they obviously want to play mid. You ask either what role they can play than both will simply both say "I only play Mid" or "Mid is my best role"; regardless if it is even true or not. It happens all too often.

I have played over 600 games now and I recall good, honest team cooperation in champion select maybe 5 times. I remember it because it is extremely rare. If you honestly believe that the playerbase is mature enough to make these decisions for the betterment of the team than you simply don't know your playerbase as well as you think you do.

Undead1

02-25-2013

Just a a /dice option
* Player 1 rolls 47 out of 100.
* Player 2 rolls 87 out of 100.

Oh look, player 2 gets to play mid.

RavageRose

02-25-2013

Quote:
Internet stalking is really creepy. Every time someone looks up another player, it get creeped out.
sorry we wish to see if we are being trolled or just stuck with a fresh lv 30 prior to game. you guys really need to set grounds for draft an ranked. setting # of games played/won an more champs needed. (keep draft at 16 but you need like 100 games, an ranked at 20-25 an 200 games played/won) thi way you will see less rage, less trolling, more communication. and FFS give players a 3rd rune page! so many of you reds have said "you should know 3/5 roles to be viable in ranked as a player"