So Xin Zhao was picked or banned in 45/48 games in the first 3weeks of LCS

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ALtheeGreat

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
Trust me, our live design dudes are very much aware of Win Nao. There's a bunch of changes being tested on PBE, but overall what it boils down to is we're reducing base damages and increasing E and R cooldowns to reduce the amount of burst he gets even while building tanky. If that doesn't work we can adjust further.
NO! You will not stop the league of brusiers!! We will always pick high base stats, build health, and call it op.

skippymcgee

02-25-2013

Quote:
Trust me, our live design dudes are very much aware of Win Nao. There's a bunch of changes being tested on PBE, but overall what it boils down to is we're reducing base damages and increasing E and R cooldowns to reduce the amount of burst he gets even while building tanky. If that doesn't work we can adjust further.
Boooo, clearly a targeted nerf towards AP Xin Zhao.
(haha)

Ansaa

02-25-2013

Quote:
I've never seen you before

Iced Cream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Xin is extremely effective at diving the enemy AD carry. His ganks are very effective if done right. Only negative right now is his slightly slower jungle clear time, but successful ganks can usually make up for that.

DriedPrunes

02-25-2013

Quote:
Thank you

ZenonTheStoic

Champion Designer

02-25-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCompy View Post
That's cool, just please, PLEASE, promise me you won't avalanche him with nerfs like you did in S1-S2 before his rework.

Never forget eve-tier Xin...
I think our live design team has seriously stepped up its game. We tend to be a lot more reactive now. If we overnerf we reverse the changes, of course, but there's also that old psychological effect. One story Feralpony told me once was that we put out patch notes saying Vlad pool had lost its MS buff and received some other nerfs and Vlad was suddenly considered trash tier, with both his pick and his win rate plummeting. Problem was, the changes accidentally never went out. So after it seems like a champion was overnerfed and is trash now, we have to wait a little to make sure that's actually what happened. Remember also that Hecarim was considered weak for the longest time and has skyrocketed to the top of jungle picks now with no changes.

Fappie

02-25-2013

>No changes

>Items mean more to champions than the champions themselves, item changes have been huge.

OlDiggerNick

02-25-2013

Quote:
I think our live design team has seriously stepped up its game. We tend to be a lot more reactive now. If we overnerf we reverse the changes, of course, but there's also that old psychological effect. One story Feralpony told me once was that we put out patch notes saying Vlad pool had lost its MS buff and received some other nerfs and Vlad was suddenly considered trash tier, with both his pick and his win rate plummeting. Problem was, the changes accidentally never went out. So after it seems like a champion was overnerfed and is trash now, we have to wait a little to make sure that's actually what happened. Remember also that Hecarim was considered weak for the longest time and has skyrocketed to the top of jungle picks now with no changes.
Many other junglers were nerfed, new items benefitted hecarim's AoE Q to help him clear much faster than with cloth + 5 pots, so there were no ability tweaks that needed to be done, it was just the items themselves. Xin was ok until the item tweaks came out, so were a lot of champs.

And it was K

02-25-2013

ZENON! Hi!

And yeah please don't kill him.

Breakstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Yeah, I think we can all agree that Lizard Elder and Iceborn Gauntlet REALLY changed Hecarim's game. The new Spirit Visage, too.