These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
I don't think Riot has an official stance on this issue (I could be wrong). We understand the value in both pick order and calling, but ultimately it's up to the group how they want to resolve those conflicts.

On the one hand, this is a game and you're trying to play it to have the most fun you can, but it's also a team based competitive experience. Endorsing one side will be extremely alienating to the other.

Being a diamond player gives you a different perspective on the issue, and we have to be sensitive to the player base in total.
I think it's being FAR too lenient to be having so many posts by Riot saying "well you should compromise and bla bla" when you're trying to compromise with people who will every time they're last pick just say "I have no idea how to play support if I play support I'll play annie because I Can't support." At a certain point you have to say "this is a draft, if you wanted to BS around there are other queues for that, this is malicious bannable behavior."

Instead of the current trend of Riot posts which tell us to work with these people. Because these people read the riot posts and say "he's right, I'm entitled to pick what I want!"

Bullettime7

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageRose View Post
post like this... Griftrix is always spamming thi ame MSG in every post he find relating to pick> call.

Simple fact is, we do not have the time to discuss roles an there are people set or only can play 1 role. Riot needs to give players a free 3rd rune page on lv 30. increase champs needed for ranked to like 20-25 this way people just don't buy the 450 IP ones to rush into it. and add on "Players need X # of games played/Won in order to play ranked"

this will greatly reduce the # of trolls. Fresh lv 30s will no longer be a hindrance on serious players. you will actually have accumulated more skill. And you will have had the time to create and fill at least 3 full different rune pages for 3/5 roles which Morello has said you should know if you wish to play ranked.
There's some really good points and suggestions in this as well using existing systems. Just a matter of tuning the restrictions.

Good Guy Greg

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
I don't think Riot has an official stance on this issue (I could be wrong). We understand the value in both pick order and calling, but ultimately it's up to the group how they want to resolve those conflicts.

On the one hand, this is a game and you're trying to play it to have the most fun you can, but it's also a team based competitive experience. Endorsing one side will be extremely alienating to the other.

Being a diamond player gives you a different perspective on the issue, and we have to be sensitive to the player base in total.

So are you saying we should have the same standards in normals as we do in ranked? Their needs to be some sort of structure the community can be guided by.

DreadyTheYeti

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
Then you look at a player like BanZombie5 who's posting that is the reason we're asking for adjustments. They're an example of the type of player that's running rampant at Bronze and Silver ranked, in that they don't care to communicate or exhibit any sense of teamwork. They're going to lock what they want to lock and play it where they want to play it and to hell with their teammates.

We NEED the champ select lobby added to Tribunal reports somehow so that we can keep ranked as a competitive environment. There's just simply too many trolls or players who have no intention to communicate to actually use communication as a feasible strategy in most games. As it stands, as long as someone keeps their mouth shut in the actual game, they can abuse the blind spot to threaten and abuse teammates, troll pick, blatantly disregard team wishes, and get away with it for lack of evidence in their Tribunal case.
Just because I play who I want doesn't mean I throw the game. I don't play to lose. I play for fun. If other people care there much about team comp they can pick around me. I would never ask them to though. Freedom for all.

FLÎP

02-25-2013

NO change will ever completely work. You can't change the fact that some peoples sole purpose in this game is to ruin and waste your time. It's sad, but nothing you can really do. They will always find a way to hinder advancement.

JPlayah

02-25-2013

This is why we need a matchmaking system in which players choose what role THEY want to play before entering the queue and the matchmaking system takes it into account.

phatcat09

02-25-2013

If riot did a better job of teaching people what it means to pick effectively none of this would be an issue but alas:

Laissez-faire

Bullettime7

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggotron View Post
NO change will ever completely work. You can't change the fact that some peoples sole purpose in this game is to ruin and waste your time. It's sad, but nothing you can really do. They will always find a way to hinder advancement.
-The Tribunal now records the Champion Select lobby for case review.
-Ranked now requires 20 champions and 100 Player versus Player matches completed on a Summoner's account before becoming available for queue.

Won't fix everything but it substantially weeds out problems in ranked.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
3 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyUS View Post
So are you saying we should have the same standards in normals as we do in ranked? Their needs to be some sort of structure the community can be guided by.
I have faith that our community is mature enough to discover that talking to the other players and working things out together is the best strategy.

HuskarDc

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanZombie5 View Post
You people realize this is a GAME? You shouldn't be forced one way or another to play ANY champ or ANY role that you don't want to play. I don't log into so LOL just so I can support other people while they have fun. My time is valuable, if I'm itching to play a champ, I put money into this game - I'll play whatever champ I'm itching to play.

People report over everything so that means nothing to me. But if Riot actually carried out a ban for me not allowing myself to be forced to play a particular champ against my will..well there would be repercussions.

IT"S A GAME. say it with me.. IT"S A GAME. Play who you want, when you want, where you want. If someone can't handle that, there is an option for them to leave or dodge. Grow up and stop acting like spoiled brats.
And this is what Blind Pick is for.