These Riot posts telling people to ignore pick order are doing massive harm.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryedan

Visual Designer

02-25-2013
1 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Whether or not you believe its right you are doing harm to the playerbase saying pick order doesn't matter.

Before we had a general understanding that if you ignored pick order you could be reporeted and banned. Generally people would just accept it and move on.

Now it's incredibly common to see people saying "NO RIOT SAYS PICK ORDER DOESN'T MATTER!" and trolling if they don't get what they want. REGARDLESS of if you think it's RIGHT for people at the highest pick to get whatever they want it keeps a natural order amongst the community. You're just saying "rules are out" and not expecting people to go hog wild over it.
I don't think Riot has an official stance on this issue (I could be wrong). We understand the value in both pick order and calling, but ultimately it's up to the group how they want to resolve those conflicts.

On the one hand, this is a game and you're trying to play it to have the most fun you can, but it's also a team based competitive experience. Endorsing one side will be extremely alienating to the other.

Being a diamond player gives you a different perspective on the issue, and we have to be sensitive to the player base in total.

choco puffer

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageRose View Post
post like this... Griftrix is always spamming thi ame MSG in every post he find relating to pick> call.

Simple fact is, we do not have the time to discuss roles an there are people set or only can play 1 role. Riot needs to give players a free 3rd rune page on lv 30. increase champs needed for ranked to like 20-25 this way people just don't buy the 450 IP ones to rush into it. and add on "Players need X # of games played/Won in order to play ranked"

this will greatly reduce the # of trolls. Fresh lv 30s will no longer be a hindrance on serious players. you will actually have accumulated more skill. And you will have had the time to create and fill at least 3 full different rune pages for 3/5 roles which Morello has said you should know if you wish to play ranked.
this this and this

Unban Auspexa

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
I don't think Riot has an official stance on this issue (I could be wrong). We understand the value in both pick order and calling, but ultimately it's up to the group how they want to resolve those conflicts.

On the one hand, this is a game and you're trying to play it to have the most fun you can, but it's also a team based competitive experience. Endorsing one side will be extremely alienating to the other.

Being a diamond player gives you a different perspective on the issue, and we have to be sensitive to the player base in total.
It's nonsense to call a role. Pick order is all that matters.

Xaqiii

02-25-2013

top mid or adc pls i cant support, i suck as support.

Bullettime7

02-25-2013

Quote:

Then you look at a player like BanZombie5 who's posting that is the reason we're asking for adjustments. They're an example of the type of player that's running rampant at Bronze and Silver ranked, in that they don't care to communicate or exhibit any sense of teamwork. They're going to lock what they want to lock and play it where they want to play it and to hell with their teammates.

We NEED the champ select lobby added to Tribunal reports somehow so that we can keep ranked as a competitive environment. There's just simply too many trolls or players who have no intention to communicate to actually use communication as a feasible strategy in most games. As it stands, as long as someone keeps their mouth shut in the actual game, they can abuse the blind spot to threaten and abuse teammates, troll pick, blatantly disregard team wishes, and get away with it for lack of evidence in their Tribunal case.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-25-2013

Quote:

Good to see you, Ryeden.

Mengko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageRose View Post
post like this... Griftrix is always spamming thi ame MSG in every post he find relating to pick> call.

Simple fact is, we do not have the time to discuss roles an there are people set or only can play 1 role. Riot needs to give players a free 3rd rune page on lv 30. increase champs needed for ranked to like 20-25 this way people just don't buy the 450 IP ones to rush into it. and add on "Players need X # of games played/Won in order to play ranked"

this will greatly reduce the # of trolls. Fresh lv 30s will no longer be a hindrance on serious players. you will actually have accumulated more skill. And you will have had the time to create and fill at least 3 full different rune pages for 3/5 roles which Morello has said you should know if you wish to play ranked.
This post has so much right about it. I would LOVE to see this implemented.

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

02-25-2013

Hashinshin thread. Expect trolling of the third degree.

Riot tells us not to be jerks.
Not playing meta, not going 0CS, not taking a jungler or whatever does not automatically make you a jerk. It does if you are doing it with the intention of hurting your team with it for no other sake than to piss people off for whatever reason.

It's pretty much the same as with intentional feeding - playing bad is not an offense. Feeding is not an offense. Feeding with the intention to lose your team the game is. And I dare say, picking your favorite role/champ is far from the intention to actively lose the game for your team. It may be a consequence sometimes, but it's not the motivation.

People have tons of double standards here. The worst are the people who attempt to derive "pick order trumps all" with the summoner's code - just look at how often the same or similar formulations are done in the summoner code as the one in the pick order context. A lot. They're all advices, not "do that or be banned". Which is precisely what some people think, because they never actually read the code and only use it to justify themselves being jerks.

It's pretty disgusting how many people actually attempt to justify being a jerk with call or pick order. "We need hard rules to force someone into something I don't want to do either." No we don't.

Work it out or accept that your teamcomp sucks. The cleverer give in.

DreadyTheYeti

02-25-2013

Quote:

Why down vote this guy? Pretty diplomatic response if you ask me.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-25-2013
2 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Whether or not you believe its right you are doing harm to the playerbase saying pick order doesn't matter.

Before we had a general understanding that if you ignored pick order you could be reporeted and banned. Generally people would just accept it and move on.

Now it's incredibly common to see people saying "NO RIOT SAYS PICK ORDER DOESN'T MATTER!" and trolling if they don't get what they want. REGARDLESS of if you think it's RIGHT for people at the highest pick to get whatever they want it keeps a natural order amongst the community. You're just saying "rules are out" and not expecting people to go hog wild over it.
Is this in response to me saying that communication, compromise, and flexibility are the most important things for the team to do to coordinate champion selections, and how that is more important than pick order or a typing race?

If that is the case, I don't think trolling to get what they want is in any way communication and compromise.