A Bot Lane Kayle Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koravel

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
Jax can buy items like cutlass to keep Kayle in range. I think Jax definitely has the advantage in the matchup, having played both sides (and having won as both sides). However, it's pretty much all about timing on either side. One mistake can lead to swift death.
Interesting, thank you. I played against several Jax's bot recently, all but one got cutlass, and I didn't lose a single time against them. I had to stalemate one, but the other four or five, I destroyed. The trouble of course is knowing how much of that is player skill and how much is the character involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
Also try Nunu, Diana, and Urgot.
Nunu is a ***** to deal with early-game for anyone. I think Kayle would kill him pretty easily mid to late game.

Diana I've only played against twice and beat up on pretty badly. Haven't played against an Urgot bot in forever. What would be a good Urgot build to counter Kayle?

konfetarius

02-24-2013

Quote:
Interesting, thank you. I played against several Jax's bot recently, all but one got cutlass, and I didn't lose a single time against them. I had to stalemate one, but the other four or five, I destroyed. The trouble of course is knowing how much of that is player skill and how much is the character involved.
Gunblade rush is a blessing for you. Gunblade is pretty much the Jax noobtrap.

Chaosos

02-24-2013

Hey your guide doesn't mention Draaaaaaaven. As a Draaaaaaaaaven player, it's a really bad matchup for Kayle. Axes HURT. Best bet I can imagine would be going mostly burst and trying to one shot draaaaven while safe in ulti, but even so Draaaaven's range advantage can be lethal.

NavyGothic

02-24-2013

Draven suffers from much the same problem as most AD carries - they both like building glass cannon, but Kayle gets 3s of invulnerability.

Unlike, say, Ezreal, he can't disengage when Kayle goes in for the kill. Draven and Kayle are both all-in duelists; and Kayle does it better. 3 seconds is an eternity in a glass cannon squishy duel.

Quincunx

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel34 View Post

Nunu is a ***** to deal with early-game for anyone. I think Kayle would kill him pretty easily mid to late game.

Diana I've only played against twice and beat up on pretty badly. Haven't played against an Urgot bot in forever. What would be a good Urgot build to counter Kayle?
Yeah, on second thought Cutlass is probably not the best idea. I looked back at the game where I laned Jax vs Aparkhurst's Kayle and I bought Wit's End, Maw, Triforce, Mercs, and Ghostblade. We could both kill each other in about 3 seconds (not including Kayle ults). Never rush Gunblade on Jax and abuse stuff like jumping over the wall from the fog of war.

I will say that I've never lost to a Jax as Kayle in Dominion since S3 started, so I'll have to play against it more and re-evaluate (or just play Jax against the inevitable Kayles I meet in solo queue).

Kayle absolutely out-scales Nunu past around 15 minutes, early if Nunu builds incorrectly or makes mistakes (which many do). I might have to lower the difficulty, but the truth is it's a pretty painful lane before Kayle gets the right items.

I don't own Urgot and haven't faced him bot in forever. Ask somebody else for build ideas, sorry. I just listed him based on knowing what he does and having no idea what to do against it as Kayle (his ult negates half of your ult, he pokes you super-hard, his 15% damage reduction is stupid. The one advantage I'd give Kayle is a lower-CD ult, just like the Nasus matchup).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosos View Post
Hey your guide doesn't mention Draaaaaaaven. As a Draaaaaaaaaven player, it's a really bad matchup for Kayle. Axes HURT. Best bet I can imagine would be going mostly burst and trying to one shot draaaaven while safe in ulti, but even so Draaaaven's range advantage can be lethal.
I haven't played against a Draven bot yet. Same with Malz, which is why he isn't mentioned in the guide either. The range advantage doesn't necessarily spell doom for Kayle (it's small, and Ashe loses vs Kayle despite a longer range than Draven + annoying kite potential). Kayle's ult is crazy against squishy AD carries, and Draven is more vulnerable to ganks. I can see Draven winning early on, but there's no way he wins once they both get items (this is me speculating).

Volandum

02-25-2013

We should get together and write a Kog'Maw guide.

DG Denz Brujah

02-25-2013

^ any dominion based guides are a good way to attract new blood

FOODFOOD

02-25-2013

OP, question for you.
Say you're in Blind Pick, and you play your Kayle style bot against an AD Kayle. Who do you think would win?

Volandum

02-25-2013

It says in his guide, AP kayle beats AD kayle. This probably comes from a stronger early/midgame esp. with AP Kayle's very strong Q and more frequent access to ult.

Quincunx

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
OP, question for you.
Say you're in Blind Pick, and you play your Kayle style bot against an AD Kayle. Who do you think would win?
Basically, if you're AD Kayle you don't have very many good CDR/damage options available to you, so you can buy Nashor's (which doesn't synergize too well with AD builds) or you can get punished for having a long E cooldown and a longer ult cooldown. Also, AP Kayle can win early poke wars with Q against AD Kayle. If it goes long enough, AP Kayle can buy Wooglet's and stasis through AD Kayle's ult.

I'll admit I didn't cover this very well in my guide. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
We should get together and write a Kog'Maw guide.
I'd be up for that I think. Give me time to finish this guide and experiment some more with Kog'Maw though.