Does Vi consider Jayce a rival or role model?

Rival 82 67.21%
Role Model 40 32.79%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Vi and Jayce

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceHound

02-22-2013

Although as far as I've seen in the lore Vi has nothing to do with jayce, I've come to notice that in-game if jayce is nearby Vi while she uses her ulti she says "Hey Jayce! Power slam!". So this means one of two things, A. Vi maintains a rivalry with Jayce, trying to prove she's the better fighter and says that to gloat. Or B. she looks up to Jayce as a role model, which makes sense since Jayce is the best defender of Piltover. He isn't just scientist like vitkor but an exetremely strong fighter who uses his hammer/cannon to defend Piltover from anyone who dares assault it. What do you think?

Melancholy Exile

02-22-2013

According to Runaan she sees him as a "Pompous ass who's spent too long in his ivory tower of SCIENCE to deal with criminals and street life".

Also: "I feel like Jayce sometimes gets himself involved in Piltover law enforcement, even though he's not an official member. Vi would be less than impressed with his celebrity status and wouldn't hold back from insulting him to his face. Still, though, I think they could get along, maybe share a common interest in antagonizing Caitlyn".

And: "I think they'd have a fun relationship but I don't think I'd go so far as to ship them. I think maybe, in a moment of weakness, Vi might, POSSIBLY, say "You're a good guy, Jayce." Maybe only after a few drinks".

IceHound

02-22-2013

A well stated opinion as well as facts to back that up Melancholy. With that in state I'd have to say they'd be pretty much within neutral grounds as well after a while.

HonorableGeneral

02-22-2013

I'd say it's a mostly-friendly rivalry, with perhaps a bit of disdain radiating from Vi.

At the end of the day, both of them are on the same side. It's just that Vi is like Batman and Jayce is like Superman.

Same side, different methods. Also, potential to fight each other over whose method is better.

KuzAnn

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Exile View Post
According to Runaan she sees him as a "Pompous ass who's spent too long in his ivory tower of SCIENCE to deal with criminals and street life".

Also: "I feel like Jayce sometimes gets himself involved in Piltover law enforcement, even though he's not an official member. Vi would be less than impressed with his celebrity status and wouldn't hold back from insulting him to his face. Still, though, I think they could get along, maybe share a common interest in antagonizing Caitlyn".

And: "I think they'd have a fun relationship but I don't think I'd go so far as to ship them. I think maybe, in a moment of weakness, Vi might, POSSIBLY, say "You're a good guy, Jayce." Maybe only after a few drinks".
Um... You mean Harrow?

Also from the Vi AMA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
- Don't get me wrong, I love Jayce more than most people, but all of the fame and adoration can make him seem kinda full of himself to someone like Vi. Like I said in a later post, though, I think "pompous ass" is just how Vi would describe Jayce to people. That doesn't mean she can't get on with him or even like him. She's just brash like that.
- Yeah, Jayce does get involved in law enforcement, which is how Vi knows him at all. I think that would kind of annoy her too though - Jayce spent his early life in comfort and safety, and now that he's a famous hero he thinks he can saunter down to the streets and clean everything up? Pah. But still...it's pretty hilarious when he annoys Caitlyn, so he's got that going for him.
Am I the only one who's a little annoyed over the fact that she can apparently only relate to people if they can annoy Caitlyn? Like, shouldn't she be able to relate more to people who are skilled in hextech as well? Those gauntlets are really nothing to sneeze at in terms of the skill it takes to alter/make and maintain them.

Also the ivory tower comment sort of contradicts the Jayce AMA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
While Jayce isn't an official member of Piltover law enforcement, I imagine they'll cross paths pretty frequently now. I think Caitlyn would strongly disapprove of Jayce assaulting a foreign national after government officials chose not to. Caitlyn's calm, collected and dedicated to upholding Piltover law, while Jayce is more rash and likely to act without a comprehensive plan. There'd definitely be some tension there.
It feels like Jayce sits somewhere in the middle between Caitlyn's by-the-book attitude and Vi's brashness, maybe a little closer to Vi's style.

Melancholy Exile

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuzAnn View Post
Um... You mean Harrow?
Wow ... how the hell did I manage to mess that up?

KuzAnn

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Exile View Post
Wow ... how the hell did I manage to mess that up?
Don't worry, I confuse them sometimes, too. XD I think Runaan was the c.dev member who was mostly involved with the Quinn AMA, and strangely enough their avatars kind of remind me of each other...

Harrow

Writer

02-23-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuzAnn View Post
Um... You mean Harrow?

Also from the Vi AMA:

Am I the only one who's a little annoyed over the fact that she can apparently only relate to people if they can annoy Caitlyn? Like, shouldn't she be able to relate more to people who are skilled in hextech as well? Those gauntlets are really nothing to sneeze at in terms of the skill it takes to alter/make and maintain them.

Also the ivory tower comment sort of contradicts the Jayce AMA:

It feels like Jayce sits somewhere in the middle between Caitlyn's by-the-book attitude and Vi's brashness, maybe a little closer to Vi's style.
What I was trying to get at - and sorry if this wasn't clear - is that Vi makes first impressions of people pretty quickly. Jayce is this big, famous figure in Piltover, mostly for cutting-edge science and an act of heroism. That's the sort of thing Vi would scoff at immediately. As she spent more time around him, she might soften on him...and one thing that might lead to that is their mutual antagonism of Caitlyn.

They could talk hextech in the future for sure, they just have different approaches to it. Vi's more like the hands-on, learn-from-experience mechanic, while Jayce has been through a more rigorous academic education.

Misticaltom

02-23-2013

So you're saying their kid will have Pink hair?

While they do take different approaches, a mechanic and a scientist can work out to be the same thing at times, in certain areas. You'd see those two get along far more than either do with a Sheriff like Caitlyn.

I don't ever see Vi and Jayce getting along, now they ain't hating each other, and might enjoy the company of the other, if it's ever around. They'd fit so well in a buddy cop movie, all three of them. But as they say, a good measure of friendship is how much you can insult each other without offending them. I mean, I say please and thank you to strangers, friends get a stern command followed by generic insults about their mothers/weight/and hair style.

It's only one kid, like hell they'd have two kids, or be an actual couple.

PKDX

02-23-2013

Vi and Caitlyn is a much, much better ship imo.