Competitive eSports. Drug Testing?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xRAWKAx

02-23-2013

I'm just curious if Riot has an official policy on performance enhancing drugs. Now that they are trying to promote a weekly competitive scene, are they testing to make sure players aren't using speed to gain a competitive edge?

Edit: I said performance enhancing drugs. Such as Adderall.
Edit 2: Scroll down in this article to where it says "Getting a perscription for adderall is not hard." http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/26/31...autionary-tale It explains the effects of Adderall pretty well for those of you who don't believe it could benefit a competitive gamer.

Dicey

02-23-2013

Yes, Bath Salts promotes better eating of the champions' faces

Echoesong

02-23-2013

Yeah, man, LSD should totally be banned. Gives people a competitive edge.

BiggerFish

02-23-2013

bath salts + Cho'gath OP

Shen'd =(

Bergtau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

I generally think most drugs would hurt you.

superspartan

02-23-2013

there used to be competitive Halo players who took Adderal before tournament matches.

The Idea was that it would let you hyper-focus on the game, but it was probably more of a placebo effect than anything.

and I don't think it will be a problem for League.

B0nghits

02-23-2013

I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about mental focus enhancers like cocaine, mentats, or amphetamines (adderall, meth.) Which in a game like LoL is the equivalent of steroids.

I agree, they should be tested. I bet you half of the American teams and 90% of the Asian teams use some type of speed to gain an unfair advantage.

F r

02-23-2013

Upvoted and bumped for the stupidity of GD.

xRAWKAx

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspartan004 View Post
there used to be competitive Halo players who took Adderal before tournament matches.

The Idea was that it would let you hyper-focus on the game, but it was probably more of a placebo effect than anything.

and I don't think it will be a problem for League.
Thanks for taking the post seriously. I'm pretty sure that the amphetamines in Adderall have a noticeable effect that surpasses that of a placebo.

Vapeurs

02-23-2013

Sterioids would be op for playing LoL. Your arm would get so muscular you can press your entire keyboard at once.

12345 ... 6