An opinion on Darius change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Call Me Tonight

02-23-2013

His laning is still the same, until his dunk goes cooldown, he'll become less scarier than Garen.

His teamfight is still the same, unless you got baited for 12 secs. Yeah teamfights would not last that long to finish one by one, but if you can make Darius' ult went CD on teamfight, he's pretty much sandbag.

Xanthalis

02-23-2013

This is a good change.

I can think of no other big boom nuke ult that refreshes and has the potential to NEVER go on cooldown all game. It's pretty silly to have a true damage nuke always available. They changed Garen's and Riven's execute ults to be less readily available, did you really think that Darius' wasn't on the radar?

It opens more counter play to him. If you see him ult, try to wait out the 12 seconds. It adds strategy and timing to the Darius player. His ult was always low risk high reward. That's just not right for a true damage resetting nuke.

I think most Darius players are overlooking the fact that this could open him up to buffs. I'm ok with the nerfs for that reason alone.

AquaDragon42

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonersRiftPlz View Post
that's a point tho.
a champ's abilities are supposed to be interesting for both the user and the person it is used on. This concept is called Counter Play and it is one of the main concepts Riot uses when making champs. Darius' ult is not fun or interesting for the one being executed.

Here is a vid explaining counter play. Even if you dont agree with my oppinion I highly advise you watching it, I personally found it very interesting and it is pretty short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRBcjsOt0_g

Frakenbourrough

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba Pridelands View Post
he just cant keep killing you when you come back to lane
If this ever happened its because someone lost their lane and kept trying to get revenge on the opposing player.

If someone's two kills up on you and you try to 1v1 them, they'll kill you anyway. Darius just does it with his ult.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthalis View Post
This is a good change.

I can think of no other big boom nuke ult that refreshes and has the potential no NEVER go on cooldown all game. It's pretty silly to have a true damage nuke always available. They changed Garen's and Riven's execute ults to be less readily available, did you really think that Darius' wasn't on the radar?

It opens more counter play to him. If you see him ult, try to wait out the 12 seconds. It adds strategy and timing to the Darius player. His ult was always low risk high reward. That's just not right for a true damage resetting nuke.

I think most Darius players are overlooking the fact that this could open him up to buffs. I'm ok with the nerfs for that reason alone.
another point tho.
but maybe his normal battling potential can be modified and make it as viable as a garen. Garen on cooldown is a ham. But now darius will be a ham for 2 minutes I think

AquaDragon42

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonersRiftPlz View Post
Rammus is still nice I think.
Sejuani is not as common as before
Karma well...
and the rest is still seen I think. Except Poppy. Seen but not much
Warwick has EXTREMELY HIGH mana costs on his abilities, one of the smallest mana pools in the game and one of the lowest mana regen in the game. He is seen as a troll pick even if used to jungle.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDragon42 View Post
a champ's abilities are supposed to be interesting for both the user and the person it is used on. This concept is called Counter Play and it is one of the main concepts Riot uses when making champs. Darius' ult is not fun or interesting for the one being executed.

Here is a vid explaining counter play. Even if you dont agree with my oppinion I highly advise you watching it, I personally found it very interesting and it is pretty short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRBcjsOt0_g
I agree with your opinion so I said "that's a point"
I also agree that Darius now will have even more problems with high mobility champs.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDragon42 View Post
Warwick has EXTREMELY HIGH mana costs on his abilities, one of the smallest mana pools in the game and one of the lowest mana regen in the game. He is seen as a troll pick even if used to jungle.
wow. didn't know that. Also his only CC is his ult and is short.

lol why the downvote?

Mango027

02-23-2013

This is how his kit was intended to be used.
It was being abused, much like Yi and Trydamere.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakenbourrough View Post
If this ever happened its because someone lost their lane and kept trying to get revenge on the opposing player.

If someone's two kills up on you and you try to 1v1 them, they'll kill you anyway. Darius just does it with his ult.
that's right. but Darius' ult was almost more than half of his burst. and the fact that it was refreshing made it scarier