An opinion on Darius change

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDragon42 View Post
Most Darius players I have seen mostly use deffensive items because he can just get most of his kills by executing the entire enemy team. Maybe this will make Darius players lean more towards getting some more offensive items. His ult does have bonus AD scaling.
I always thought that he has good damage without ult tho. But that ult was almost why u used him

Call Me Tonight

02-23-2013

Quote:
Most Darius players I have seen mostly use deffensive items because he can just get most of his kills by executing the entire enemy team. Maybe this will make Darius players lean more towards getting some more offensive items. His ult does have bonus AD scaling.
The nerf basically destroys your "not-in-lane" presence, not really about the damage.

Basically, if Darius landed a successful dunk, then he goes MIA, everyone should be aware of him because he might be just behind you, ready to give you a dunk.

After the nerfs, he's basically like Garen. 1 ult, and boom cooldown when there's no one else around for 12 secs.

Igglepud

02-23-2013

There is no more Darius. This change is stupid and unnecessary.

AquaDragon42

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummonersRiftPlz View Post
I always thought that he has good damage without ult tho. But that ult was almost why u used him
thats the thing. I have heard of Darius players getting wrecked in lane, and then carrying the game in the team fights because he just executed everyone. Plus when ever a Darius is in the game with me it quickly becomes frustrating. When he is on my team he just steals kills (and I mean not even going near the opponent untill he could just execute them even when it was clear I was going to kill them). When playing against one his ult feels more like a kick to the balls than a fair hit. Even Morello has said that Darius has a problem with kill-stealing. I just think this will make it a bit more fair for both sides.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-23-2013

I think now Darius and Garen are even more alike. You shut down an enemy. But you can't go roaming around dunking every single enemy. Because you have 12 seconds to kill another champion.
I think this was unnecesary.

Call Me Tonight

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglepud View Post
Basically this.

Darius only punishes mistakes. His ult refreshed on cooldown is to make him being able to punish everyone, every where, every time as long as he has the mana to do so.

Now he can only punish a lane.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-23-2013

Quote:
thats the thing. I have heard of Darius players getting wrecked in lane, and then carrying the game in the team fights because he just executed everyone. Plus when ever a Darius is in the game with me it quickly becomes frustrating. When he is on my team he just steals kills (and I mean not even going near the opponent untill he could just execute them even when it was clear I was going to kill them). When playing against one his ult feels more like a kick to the balls than a fair hit. Even Morello has said that Darius has a problem with kill-stealing. I just think this will make it a bit more fair for both sides.
that's a point tho.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Tonight View Post
Basically this.

Darius only punishes mistakes. His ult refreshed on cooldown is to make him being able to punish everyone, every where, every time as long as he has the mana to do so.

Now he can only punish a lane.
imo I think now in laning he will not be as terrifying as before, but in a teamfight, he still can dunk 5 people when they are on low health. But his early game burst is changed to be more like Garen's.

Imagine Darius starts his dunking, I doubt the enemy will have time to derp around and make his ult go on CD while your teammates are fighting them. So he's teamfight prescence is still there.

AquaDragon42

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglepud View Post
tell that to the people who play Janna, Warwick, Heimerdinger, Poppy, Sejauni, Karma and Rammus, I am sure they will sympathise with you.

SummonersRiftPlz

02-23-2013

Quote:
tell that to the people who play Janna, Warwick, Heimerdinger, Poppy, Sejauni, Karma and Rammus, I am sure they will sympathise with you.
Rammus is still nice I think.
Sejuani is not as common as before
Karma well...
and the rest is still seen I think. Except Poppy. Seen but not much

123456 ... 7