*splutter with outrage* The Situation in Ionia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jonas Sterling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2010

Yes yes, tragedy and despair, it's all a very delicate and complicated issue that you obviously can't find equal ground on. I still have a bottle of Black Pearl and still want Miss Luna to discuss the issue with me over a few glasses of said spirit.

What can I say? I can't keep my mind entirely on the issue at hand without some 'refreshment.'

Berrix

10-15-2010

As a Summoner for Noxus, I still feel on a blade's edge about Noxian presence where it commonly shouldn't belong. Ionia and their denizens are like dogs to most Noxian military that are stationed on those southern borders. Regardless of what animal you deem them, or anyone for that matter, as such you are going to get bit once the beast no longer cares to be cornered.

These monks show this. It only a matter of time before their self-immolation become that of a weapon against those on their shores uninvited.

Some would say they cannot wait to see this day.

Dracorya

10-15-2010

Must I remind you that you have nearly destroyed one of the greatest traditions of our people. Allowing Singed, your mercenary chemist, to obliterate the village where Wuju originated only shows more of an example of hypocrisy on your "attempt" to help us.

Master Yi is now the only master left of this ancient art that has been an integral part of our culture. You are attempting to weaken us further so when those 8 years do come up, we will once again fail to oust you out of our lands. And you will be allowed to continue being the parasites that you are.

Berrix has already mentioned it, we will bite back. The fact that the Kinkou Order has taken an active interest in preserving the balance of our world is just the start. The sacrifice of this monk is another, it will be only a matter of time before your bubble of greed bursts in your face.

Berrix

10-16-2010

Ahhh yes, Master Yi... Though bred as Noxian, my views as a summoner remains unbiased and stern. Though Yi himself does reflect on the things a Noxian militia never foresees... A seed.

You can burn a tree to the ground, and any parent trees before it, but such as a force of nature that will grow another tree if the seeds a left in the dirt. Master Yi is a true form to his surname, a master, as such he can one day find a child like an empty glass and fill it with the knowledge of Wuju.

Noxian modernization, even to some of their people, seems to baffle most.

EdenOfTheEast00

10-16-2010

Admirable concern, commander. Yet it's deuced odd, isn't it? How you can
show so much concern for porcelain and plastic and show so little for flesh and
blood.

KarrieBear

Associate Creative Designer

10-16-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

((I don't have anything to add that's as cool as what you guys are saying, but I wanted to say this thread is awesome. Love all your reaction to the situation in Ionia. Maybe the JOJ will take note on your opinions. ))

Fulgr1m

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2010

After watching this heated discussion and reading the story of the monk in the Journal of justice, I must ask everyone to shift their perspective. We are all aware that Noxus defeated Ionia the the Trial for the Isle, I was a spectator at the age of 14 at the time and throughly enjoyed the match, and thus we all know that Ionia is subject to Noxus occupation for another 8 years. That was the Leagues final judgement and as summoners we CANNOT question the Leagues rules, less we begin to undermine everything the League has accomplished.

With that in mind let us take a look at Ionia today. Just from the Journal we can come to the conclusion that something is wrong. Citizens are treated as second class, and those that question Noxus are thrown into LABOR CAMPS. The Journal also tells us that Noxus continues to "plunder the wealth and natural resources of the island, sending the spoils back to Noxus." Now, ladies and gentlemen, we all know what Noxus said about its occupation of Ionia, and to quote the ever beautiful Katarina

"Our presence in Ionia is for the good of the people. Their economic state is not ready to deal with the rest of Valoran. Their practices are out-dated. Theirs is the domain of sad old men who believe the world should not progress past them. This incident is a tragedy, but it is not a statement on behalf of the Ionian people. It is a statement by those who are unwilling to embrace the future."

While what she says about Ionias "old" traditions may be true in part I ask you this Katarina, what good is a country devoid of any resources to rebuild itself? If you are so set on enlightening the Ionian people, why is it that you punish them so severely when they begin to question your motives? So far your "future" has brought nothing but pain and suffering to the country of Ionia, instead of helping them as you so quickly stated.

What I am trying to say here ladies and gentlemen is that the occupation of Ionia should not be the problem in question. What should be asked is this; what should the League do about the way Ionians are being treated in their occupation? Because I can guarantee you that if they were treated like actual people and given every living beings natural rights, they would not be complaining as much, if at all!

-Summoner Fulgrim

K D Bonez

10-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post
((I don't have anything to add that's as cool as what you guys are saying, but I wanted to say this thread is awesome. Love all your reaction to the situation in Ionia. Maybe the JOJ will take note on your opinions. ))
((Thank you! This is exactly what I had hoped this forum could be used for (debating stuff going on in Valoran!) THANKS KARRIEBEAR!)

I scoff at your acquisition Summoner Fulgrim. Where does it show us treating Ionians as "second class citizens"? Where do you see us lynching monks and samurai? Where does it show us depriving Ionians of their right to Live? Do you believe that just because we are Noxian, that we have a sick pleasue in tormenting and endangering Ionians? You sir, are sadly mistaken, and it sickens me to hear you even make such remarks. Yes, we are brutal and ruthless on the battlefield but this is a matter of restoring. We are doing what we can to help modernize Ionia! Can you people not see that; no, you can't because of your bias views.

Now, as for the reasorces that we have claimed from Ionian land, yes, it does go back to Noxus. But it comes back to Ionia refined; we bring back material that they can use. We are showing them the grand results of modernization. Did you know right now, a family of Ionians now have a roof over there head that be ripped off with your bare hands? Did you know they have doors not made of simply paper? Are any of you even aware of how easily it is to destroy an Ionian house? All you would need to do is let loose a raging beast inside; in under a mintue the house would have fallen in on itself. Those of you in Demacia, in Frejold, even in Zaun have houses and homes and manors that can withstand earthquakes! The people of Ionia? They wouldn't even last a tremor. Would changing that for the better be wrong? I ASK YOU ALL THIS!

-General Kalis Drekval Bonez, Noxus High Command/Summoner

dogbiter

10-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post
(yes we had enough of noxus and demacia and garen or katarina being present in almost everything, no more of them plx)

Fulgr1m

10-16-2010

Then General Bonez I demand of you where is the proof? The writing is on the wall dear friend! If people in Ionia live in houses that couldn't withstand a gust of wind, then where are the houses you so speak of? You've had 7 years to make Ionia better and what have you show for it? Labor camps? Stronger barracks? WHERE IS YOUR PROOF? This monk is BURNING himself to show the world how miserable their lives are, and all you can say is "We're making their lives better"? You sir should look in the mirror before you scoff at me for asking what results your occupation has had for the BETTERMENT of Ionia and NOT Noxus!

((Proof really shouldn't be used for this argument since all we have is the JOJ and that's what I'm basing my argument off of, and let's be honest, they don't paint Noxus in a good picture))

-Summoner Fulgrim