Discussion: Swain is a puppet.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XJ9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-13-2010

I actually think now they are sorta in a partner ship.

Lord GiantR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

This makes sense. That would explain how he became a MASTER tactician without having ANY tactical spells. (The 2 second root DOES NOT COUNT. In the heat of battle 2 seconds are NOTHING. They are the barrier between life and death, but they are more or less nothing and its fairly obvious that the AOE is kinda low coupled with the lowish range It's not that tactical.)

Zardoc

10-13-2010

He's a human with a raven pet. Is it really so hard to understand?

DoransTroll

10-13-2010

I still say The Raven and His Boy.
That's why Swain can shoot laser out of his eyes, and the puppet..well..doesn't do much, haha.

We might want to ask the expert on this. Fiddle, where are-cawcawcaw!

Cryptid

10-13-2010

Instead of trying to explain away his reluctance to get his wound healed or the unfitting name, there's always a much more logical explanation: Riot is trying to impress you with corny cliched writing.

Poseidon Bot

10-15-2010

I'm pretty sure swain IS a giant demon bird, just like his /joke implies.

Steve Silvestri

10-15-2010

Actually, I find Swain to be a human, He hates Demacia vehemently, and so in order to make the world a better place(in his opinion), he tries to eliminate it, be it through raven magic or poison darts.

Von Nicklesnout

10-16-2010

Some things to note about Swain in the game; Both in the art and his in-game models his daemonic and natural human form have the bird perched on his shoulder and his head having six eyes.

If that doesn't scream unnatural to somebody on Runeterra, I don't know what does. Personally, I think Swain and the bird share a symbiotic relationship, or the bird is an extension of Swain's power(As evidenced by with his death, the remainder of his "life force" simply departs. Kind of poetic).

What does this say? Swain is more likely to be a giant daemonic bird who's true intentions are unknown to everybody around him. Not unlike a certain Chaos God from the Warhammer 40,000 and Fantasy Battle universes.

Gentle Casca

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGKodama View Post
Some things to note about Swain in the game; Both in the art and his in-game models his daemonic and natural human form have the bird perched on his shoulder and his head having six eyes.

If that doesn't scream unnatural to somebody on Runeterra, I don't know what does. Personally, I think Swain and the bird share a symbiotic relationship, or the bird is an extension of Swain's power(As evidenced by with his death, the remainder of his "life force" simply departs. Kind of poetic).

What does this say? Swain is more likely to be a giant daemonic bird who's true intentions are unknown to everybody around him. Not unlike a certain Chaos God from the Warhammer 40,000 and Fantasy Battle universes.
Coincidentally, the whole Warhammer thing was the first thought to cross my head when I saw that the Raven had 6 eyes.

The wound was of some kind of importance, I agree. For him to not want any magic to come near it does hold the implication of the wound being more important than just being the reason why he limps around.

At this point, some people may be correct; their relationship may be symbiotic. Or the monster is the real Swain and the bird is one of his children.

For the record, I don't think that Swain -hates- Demacia so much as he's apathetic towards its ruination at the hands of Noxus. His obsession with power and killing Jarvan IV aren't correlated to a hatred of the opposing city-state, but rather a desire to use the death of Jarvan to increase his own power-base in Noxus. At this point, while he's a Noxian at heart, Swain just doesn't give a **** about anywhere else.

Deathe Phoenix

10-21-2010

I have to agree with the contention that Swain isn't human and that the Raven might either be controlling him or the pair are in a symbiotic relationship with their own agenda in mind where feigning hatred towards Jarvan and Demacia in the name of Noxus is simply a cover ploy... All that has been mentioned here /did/ cross my mind and whenever I gave it a moment's thought, it seemed rather plausible... But on a side note - How's this for a conspiracy theory?

The Raven's one of Fiddlestick's crows or a bird of his design that he's using to set into motion a series of events that will bring that great doom his back history refers to!

Its a bit far fetched, I know, but I did say it was a conspiracy theory. Lol, anyways, its nice to see I'm not the only one who took an interest in Swain's history and all.