@Riot, Russian Missile Trooper Want to Talk about Corkiís Missiles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS10a2e99162e101

02-20-2013

Hello everyone! My name is Awertum and I manage russian League of Legends streams for ESL CIS. But today I want to talk about my friend (his summonerís name is Tielestr, EU West) who now serving in Nuclear Missile Troops and didnít see LoL for 7 months. He like to read this forum (and reddit!) and keep tracks to every changes in the game, but he cant write by himself because of very weak internet connection. Because of that he write me a latter where he is asking to convey his thoughts about Corki to LoL-community and to Riot Games in particular. Without any more words, here is his message:

Quote:
So, what's the problem with the Corki? It has unfairly undervalued AD-ratio on his Ultimate. It rates are 0.3 AP and 0.2 AD. That absurdly small, and makes his very amusing ability to simply useless in the late game. It should be noted that the ability of AD-carry, in principle, can not be compared with the base attack later in the game, even if they have a decent AD-rating. For example compare the Ezrealís Q and R to Corkiís. Q will do more damage, even if only for one target. Even better comparison would be with the Kog'Mawís R, much like Corkiís R. This is long range spamable AoE-attack. But Kog has reasonable scale 0.3 AP and 0.5 AD (let us not forget also that the AD is more expensive!).

Therefore, I think a reasonable increase AD-ratio (not sure about the AP-ratio) to about 0.5 of the bonus AD and possible slight decrease in damage early game. In the middle of the game it should be about the same, but in the late game it should become higher. This is donít change much the balance of the champion, but will make the game more enjoyable for him, saving the player from feeling that his ultimate is becomes more weak when more time pass.

I would also like to talk about the Phosphorus Bomb (Q), which fits very bad in set of Corkiís spells. In essence, this burst-skill with AP scale and minimal utility. Such a skill would come up to some AP-carry, but not AD-carry. Imagine for a moment that Malzahar have a Gatling Gun instead of his Q, and in addition it reveal targets! Does that make sense?

The solution to this problem could be one of the following:
1. Replacing the AP-ratio with AD-ratio ó Phosphorus Bomb would stay longer useful in the game.
2. Higher AP-ratio value, so that the hybrid and AP-builds can be valuable.
3. Strengthening utility: increase zone of reveal (greater than the area of damage) or reveal invisible targets. If I remember correctly reveal of invisible targets has been removed in order to Corki could not reveal wards. However, the wards now canít be targeted with any of champions spells and this change can be undone.

Not sure which of these solutions better, but I think that in its current form could seriously outdated and needs to be expanded. The proposed changes would help make Corki not so much stronger, but much more interesting. With each new champion seem all the old dimmer and duller. But would be better when all of the champions are interesting and playable.
Thanks for reading! If you agree (or have another ideas about how to bring Corki back), pls upvote and bump this thread. From Nuclear Missle Troops to Riot!

P.S. Here is a picture that was in his letter.

Valtielx

02-20-2013

Bump for comrade!

RegrettableDeed

02-20-2013

Some very good ideas in here. I also agree that the phosphorus bomb is underwhelming. However, I still think his ult should remained unchanged. Corki is really meant to be able to deal poke damage while kiting for the rest of the team to pick up kills late game. Early\Mid game, he's a super star because of his spamming, but late game he really isn't supposed to pick up the kills.

IronErro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

I would like to see Corki receive some buffs, I feel like he is in a pretty low place now. I very much disliked their nerfs to him the last time they did it. They felt rather unwarranted and made him fall quite far out of favor. As well as with the tanky meta going on, if the other team gets slightly ahead and gets their tanky items first, not having say an IE right away or someone who has that percent damage really seems to invalidate them. At least that is how it has been feeling for me.

Also bumping for the sweet picture lol

IS10a2e99162e101

02-20-2013

Shameless bump!

IS10a2e99162e101

02-21-2013

Shameless bump again!