How come Riot doesn't notice that Akali is way too powerful

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Kalast View Post
Yeah, her shroud and her R, or her other R, or maybe the 3rd one, or possibly another one if she got a kill.
Yeah because her using all of her R's on creeps doesn't turn her from a high dps threat to a no threat at all 1v1. You need to understand she has to either escape or kill you, not both.

And Tankiness is a spectrum, but Akali is on the squishy end of it you tool. Vlad/Morg are on a whole other level of tankiness. Akali is a step or two above your adc. She melts in fights, fact. Whether you're too noob to make it happen in your fights isn't really relevant to her balance.

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
I am of the school of mind that assassins should not be able to get kills on their own, they should be cleanup. Burst casters should be the kings of burst, not assassins.
You're of the school of mind we refer to as "retarded".

Assassins in LoL specialize in 1v1. If you want to take it away from Akali you have to take it from all of them. Take it from all of them and none of them will be played any more. Assassins in Dota don't need allies for 1v1 engagement, and neither do they in LoL, as it should be.

In fights, they do clean up. If you're getting pub stomped by Akali who is jumping in first to 1v5 your team, you deserve to keep losing to her and are probably doomed to, so just get used to it.

Edit: Also burst melee casters ARE assassins, genius.

Edit 2: Yeah LB isn't an assassin falling under burst caster either. Also when has a LB ever needed someone to help them one shot an enemy non-tank. Doesn't clean up fights, just kills high priority targets fast. Kinda like Assassins are supposed to work you know?

Sanadoz

02-18-2013

Quote:
I am of the school of mind that assassins should not be able to get kills on their own, they should be cleanup. Burst casters should be the kings of burst, not assassins.
That is your opinion and clearly Riot disagrees with you. They want their assassins to be the kings of 1v1 scenarios. Also, when will people finally realize that this is TEAM game and not some 1v1 game?

Pro-tip: If you are laning against Akali your goal is to deny her as much as possible pre-6 and then SURVIVE post 6 since she should be able to kill you 1v1. Winning lane doesn't always mean killing your opponent. Sometimes not dying and just staying relevant in regards to farm suffices.

Giotto

02-18-2013

Been practicing akali, here's what I think of her (to test her with hybrid pent). Here's what I found: a cc from support and a pink will melt me since adc can do enough to kill given time, if adc don't get help I will 1v1 the adc and kill, once someone gets warmogs it's much harder to kill as akali (counter play hint), and finally I find myself starving my team by cleanup thus me killing adc isn't always worth letting my team 4v4 and die before my cd come up enough to turn back.

Painbrain

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingStormX View Post
You don't just put a pink ward in your lane, you put it down when you engage or gank and she uses her shroud.
For every exchange? o.0 So you make a few bucks from the kill? Big deal, you just spent half (or more depending) of it on a pink and now you have to bk to heal or you're vulnerable.

Please don't take me wrong, I'm not contradicting your perspective here (normals scrub here, not ready for ranked yet, only just about to hit 300 wins , just trying to understand why that's a viable way to deal with her. Yeah she can fall behind by doing this I guess, and that's worth some gold investment, but like I said, many times, you'll have to bk yourself afterward, so is hers really a viable kit when you are required to spend extra gold just to deal with it on equal footing?

Assassin (good burst), can build tanky and still dish it out, can trade ranged pokes, stealth, blink, sustain with LS/SV... oh, and if you want a shot at taking her out, it'll cost you 125g.

Oh, I probably should add I love to play Fizz and she usually wrecks my cute little fish face. My swain deals with her better, but she's still a major pain and seems to have an awful lot going for her. Like I said, I just ban the *****.

KalastRaven

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsorcerer View Post
You're of the school of mind we refer to as "retarded".

Assassins in LoL specialize in 1v1. If you want to take it away from Akali you have to take it from all of them. Take it from all of them and none of them will be played any more. Assassins in Dota don't need allies for 1v1 engagement, and neither do they in LoL, as it should be.

In fights, they do clean up. If you're getting pub stomped by Akali who is jumping in first to 1v5 your team, you deserve to keep losing to her and are probably doomed to, so just get used to it.

Edit: Also burst melee casters ARE assassins, genius.

Pantheon is a burst caster I'll grant you. He deserves his damage, he doesn't have easy escapes.

Talon is balanced.

Fizz is really really really really annoying but also easy to counterpick. I still don't like him.

Akali and Katarina are both the least fair champions when you have a single bad player who will feed them. I play solo queue and right now Katarina's out of fashion, but I know if I don't ban Akali it's like 80% she will be played, and if whoever is up against her is less skilled than her I'm going to lose the game. It's not worth taking the chance. I want my ban slot back, so I am hoping for a nerf. I feel like season 3 has really hurt a lot of champions but left Akali unscathed, so she has crawled back up the power ladder to a unhealthy place.

Not Gabe

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painbrain View Post
For every exchange? o.0 So you make a few bucks from the kill? Big deal, you just spent half (or more depending) of it on a pink and now you have to bk to heal or you're vulnerable.

Please don't take me wrong, I'm not contradicting your perspective here (normals scrub here, not ready for ranked yet, only just about to hit 300 wins , just trying to understand why that's a viable way to deal with her. Yeah she can fall behind by doing this I guess, and that's worth some gold investment, but like I said, many times, you'll have to bk yourself afterward, so is hers really a viable kit when you are required to spend extra gold just to deal with it on equal footing?

Assassin (good burst), can build tanky and still dish it out, can trade ranged pokes, stealth, blink, sustain with LS/SV... oh, and if you want a shot at taking her out, it'll cost you 125g.

Oh, I probably should add I love to play Fizz and she usually wrecks my cute little fish face. My swain deals with her better, but she's still a major pain and seems to have an awful lot going for her. Like I said, I just ban the *****.
Meanwhile in the darkest depths of the Bronze division...

Giotto

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painbrain View Post

Not every exchange only when you want to kill her. If an Akali can't all in you, you win lane. Never ever let her get double q proc...especially if you aren't ahead.

Painbrain

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsorcerer View Post
Any 1v1 mid lane that you pick a squishy caster to lane with...ffs people, not only a squishy caster can go mid. When I see Akali on enemy team I just lock in someone like Renekton and proceed to take the biggest **** on someone I've taken all year. If you keep her dead and underfarmed early game she's useless unless someone decides to start hand feeding her kills after.

Edit: I especially don't understand the mass complaints as league of tanky dps is back in action and Akali gets ****ing murderized by most tanky dps in lane. Throw your tanky dps in lane against her, gg.
I hear ya and I don't disagree. I guess I'm just getting drug into League of Warmog's / League of Bruisers kicking and screaming.

Something's not right (IMHO) when 1/4 - 1/3 of the champ pool becomes not viable because squishies can no longer do their job effectively.

Blindsorcerer

02-18-2013

Quote:
Pantheon is a burst caster I'll grant you. He deserves his damage, he doesn't have easy escapes.

Talon is balanced.

Fizz is really really really really annoying but also easy to counterpick. I still don't like him.

Akali and Katarina are both the least fair champions when you have a single bad player who will feed them. I play solo queue and right now Katarina's out of fashion, but I know if I don't ban Akali it's like 80% she will be played, and if whoever is up against her is less skilled than her I'm going to lose the game. It's not worth taking the chance. I want my ban slot back, so I am hoping for a nerf. I feel like season 3 has really hurt a lot of champions but left Akali unscathed, so she has crawled back up the power ladder to a unhealthy place.
Akali is one of the easiest to counterpick champions in the entire ****ing game. L2play and kthxbai.