How come Riot doesn't notice that Akali is way too powerful

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sanadoz

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Kalast View Post
When a slow, squishy champion like Malzahar can kill you 1v1 that's fair.

When an agile, beefy champion with considerable sustain and multiple escape moves can kill you 1v1 that's bull****.
That's her INTENDED job. All she brings to a team is damage. If she can't deal enough meaningful damage and/or kill a few people she is literally worthless to her team.

Most other champions offer some kind of utility while also dealing decent damage.

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
When a slow, squishy champion like Malzahar can kill you 1v1 that's fair.

When an agile, beefy champion with considerable sustain and multiple escape moves can kill you 1v1 that's bull****.
Multiple escapes.

Using her ult to dash to a creep doesn't count as multiple escapes. She has to use them on you to kill you and unless she's fed has 1 remaining when she does kill you in all likelihood if you put up any kind of fight/chase.

Edit: And while her shroud is a defensive ability I would not put it under escapes. It can provide opportunity for escape but in no way is a get out of jail free card, unlike idk say vlad pool cough cough.

Do you know what escapes are son?

Ryan Matsushima

02-18-2013

Quote:

Akali is solidly under the category of "beefy caster" with her pals Morgana, and Vladimir.

Rolling on the floor laugh my ass off.

Bads will be bads.

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Matsushima View Post
Rolling on the floor laugh my ass off.

Bads will be bads.
Wait till you get to the "multiple escapes" post.

OMGownedU

02-18-2013

OP: losing lane isnt my fault or anything it must be OP champs nerf riot pls

Blindsorcerer

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGownedU View Post
OP: losing lane isnt my fault or anything it must be OP champs nerf riot pls
OP: I play Vlad and I'm going to talk to folks about someone else being anti fun today.

KalastRaven

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsorcerer View Post
Not even remotely ****ing close. Need to change my pants from the amount of pissing I just did while I laughed at the incredible falsehood in your post. She might be tanky in appearance at the moment because its LEAGUE OF WARMOGS which fyi MEANS EVERYONE IS TANKY but if you actually know ANYTHING about the champion at all, its that under normal item balance she is never very tanky. She has good sustain for 1v1 that keeps her alive, in team fights she melts on sight. If you don't know this/have never seen it you clearly don't understand how to focus in fights/counter play vs Akali in team fights. Vlad/Morg are easily much tankier and last much longer in fights both under focus fire and not under focus fire...
Tankiness is a spectrum.

One end is extreme tanks, Shen, Garen, and Malphite.

After that you have average tanky bruiser types like Shyvana, Mundo, Olaf, this includes the tanky supports generally like Soraka, Taric, and even oddballs like Ryze.

Then you get into the tough casters, Vlad, Morgana, Akali, Kassadin, Ahri, Rumble

Then you have some of the squishy supports like Support Sona and Janna, and Lux or Orianna who may be pure glass cannon build but still have boosted survivability from abilities.

Most Casters fall in afterwards, like Ziggs, Malzahar, Syndra, and Viktor, who are nearly glass cannon but often build a decent bit of survivability as they level in a normal build.

Then you have your AD carries with the exception of Graves who is a bit higher up. These maybe get 1 survivability item eventually but it comes after the damage.

TLDR - you don't have to be so tanky you can survive a focus fire from a team to be considered "not squishy"

KalastRaven

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsorcerer View Post
Wait till you get to the "multiple escapes" post.
Yeah, her shroud and her R, or her other R, or maybe the 3rd one, or possibly another one if she got a kill.

TheGrandDuelist

02-18-2013

Akali is pretty stupid strong right now. Hopefully Riot catches on sooner rather than later.

KalastRaven

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanadoz View Post
That's her INTENDED job. All she brings to a team is damage. If she can't deal enough meaningful damage and/or kill a few people she is literally worthless to her team.

Most other champions offer some kind of utility while also dealing decent damage.
I am of the school of mind that assassins should not be able to get kills on their own, they should be cleanup. Burst casters should be the kings of burst, not assassins.