How come Riot doesn't notice that Akali is way too powerful

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysvedos View Post
It's not about understanding gameplay, I had a pink ward on my lane but it didn't really helped me much and the majority of champs gets stomped by Akali, I just picked Vlad as an example
Not true at all. Majority is such a generalized statement that it undermines any kind of claim you could have hoped to make against Akali. You quite apparently have little idea what you're actually talking about in respect to Akali gameplay and counter gameplay. Please play more games as her and against her before trying to make the assertion that the "majority" of LoL's champions simply don't match up against her.

Edit: Keep downvoting me OP, the tears of scrubs getting owned by my favorite champion due to their inability to self improve and understand counter mechanics sustain me

Killme304

02-18-2013

Akali is one of the champions that gets better the worse your opponent is. An oracle's or pink ward shuts down the only safe way she has to do anything. Even with a defensive build she is super squishy and dies as soon as you can target her.

OBITWIZZLE

02-18-2013

Buy pink ward, have stun on your team. Beat Akali.

Voidgolem

02-18-2013

inb4 mass fotm akali downvotes.

well, not really. Almost.

Painbrain

02-18-2013

I just ban her.

I prefer to play mid and she is just annoying as hell.

She pushes and roams, ganks, bullies, will win almost any mid 1v1 all-in, and even if she does get shut down early, she can still come back and destroy a map.

So yeah, I find that banning is the best way to deal with her. I think I'd rather have to deal with an amumu, blitz, ali, shen, darius, or one of the other standard normals bans.

bunies

02-18-2013

im sorry, but akali got nerfed last patch

also akali is weak as hell rightnow, look at what she was in S1 then start the QQ plz

also she litteraly gets 100% **** on by lee sin

another fact is she can not carry a game vs a decent team, i garantee this

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
inb4 mass fotm akali downvotes.

well, not really. Almost.
Its not even that big of a fotm. Most people who wanted to play her already were/have. I saw a noticeable increase in the amount in game but nothing substantial compared to past fotm. The massdownvotes these threads get are from these creatures of GD myth called "intelligent, competent players." You don't see their opinion often but occasionally they reach out to save a champion from the slimy grasp of the GD sheep/scrub population.

Ryan Matsushima

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysvedos View Post
Hey,

I don't want to make this one of the usual whine threads about nerfing a champion into the ground.
But I don't understand why I didn't see any Akali nerfs in the patchnotes.

I think she is great fun to play, maybe one of the most enjoyable kits ever, however I notice that once she hits 6 and has some lifesteal you can't do much to her.

I played a match yesterday as Vlad. I literally couldn't do anything when she was 6, she just used Q waited, R, Q proc, another Q, R and another Q proc and i could go back to base again. Alot of games she's in she just snowballs and is always the cause of lose for your team if you're against one. Vlad may not be in his strongest state but I consider myself a good Vlad player and I just couldn't do anything without full time jungler support and even then she'd kill me.

I know people will say play LeeSin and Garen and what not but it's kinda silly that when you join a ranked match and you have a toplaner vs the enemies akali she just stomps him and wins so easily for her whole team.

I know someone who has 350+ akali games and is in plat, her match history is full of scores like 21 - 5, 15-4 , 10-3 that sort of stuff. For sure she loses matches but for most of the game when I'm up against a good Akali I must tell myself to calm down and not leave the game cause she's so anti-fun.

Seriously how come Riot doesn't notice this and just balance her out. She's been away for a long time and no she's back stronger than ever.

Please only respond if you have something to add, troll posts won't be read.
Thanks!

There aren't any Akali nerfs in the patch notes because she's not OP, you're just really bad.

Crosbie

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painbrain View Post
I just ban her.

She pushes and roams, ganks, bullies, will win almost any mid 1v1 all-in, and even if she does get shut down early, she can still come back and destroy a map.

So yeah, I find that banning is the best way to deal with her. I think I'd rather have to deal with an amumu, blitz, ali, shen, darius, or one of the other standard normals bans.
Pretty much sums up my issue with her. Crush her in lane, never mind she got a double (or triple) in a dragon fight and bingo-bango, she's back in the game and unstoppable.

Honestly? Having to rune for her passives was a ball-ache, but a privilege I feel most Akali players enjoyed. 6% passive spell vamp at level 1, on a character with her insane single-target burst is trunking ludicrous, especially now that she can just rune like any other manaless AP caster.

Blindsorcerer

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painbrain View Post
I just ban her.

Any 1v1 mid lane that you pick a squishy caster to lane with...ffs people, not only a squishy caster can go mid. When I see Akali on enemy team I just lock in someone like Renekton and proceed to take the biggest **** on someone I've taken all year. If you keep her dead and underfarmed early game she's useless unless someone decides to start hand feeding her kills after.

Edit: I especially don't understand the mass complaints as league of tanky dps is back in action and Akali gets ****ing murderized by most tanky dps in lane. Throw your tanky dps in lane against her, gg.

123456 ... 7