"Failed to Connect" Error

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jyaki

12-02-2009

" Failed to Connect
Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall, it may be blockin the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?
Retry Cancel"
I never had this issue before. Please help me. This came up after the champion select screen when the LoL logo came up before loading the game.

My main concern is getting a leaver mark. Its not my fault.

Also: I do not have a firewall on this computer. It it disabled.

It happened again, but this time it was during the game around the end and the entire game just closed (it froze and then crashed) and when i went to launch it again i got the stupid firewall error again. PLus I got a leaver mark. Please take this leaver mark off my account, I dont want to be penalized for a bug.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

12-02-2009
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Could you please post game logs from the event?

Spawnbroker

12-02-2009

I have been having the same issue since before the patch. For some reason, if I launch the tutorial to see if I can successfully launch the game before attempting a real match, I will not get this error. If I do get this error with the tutorial, I force quit the launcher and then try again until it works. Then I go into my regular game and everything works fine.

Here are my logs from the game it happened with tonight. It always gives me the error above, and then whenever I log back in to the launcher, I get to a screen that says "Game is still in progress..." with a 'Reconnect' button. Attempting to reconnect just gives me the same error as before, no matter how many times I try.

Spawnbroker

12-03-2009

Any updates on this?

BroodjeAap

12-03-2009

i had the same error today... i just played a game, and after 10 minutes it froze for 1 min long. I left, and tried to reconnect. The logo came up but didnt do anything more and then it gave that error. I checked my firewall and all lol app's are on the 'good list'.

Please get us back online!

Black Phoenix

12-03-2009

I have that problem as well.. I was in a game, which lagged out - i started searching for a new game - then i got the failed to enter queue or something similar.. I restarted the client and had some kind of game which i should reconnect to.. and voila... this error (I don't want a leaver mark as well )

ganksters

12-03-2009

just played a game and tried to play a second game and failed to connect appears.

Jyaki

12-04-2009

It happened again and this time I got a leaver mark because of me unable to rejoin, please take this mark off of my account. And please fix this issue.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

12-04-2009
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Unfortunately it isn't possible to change player records, but we are using all of the logs you guys post here to help resolve this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jyaki

12-04-2009

OK. I guess my only concern at the moment is just what does a leaver mark do to you? Like, you join games slower?