I Wasn't Aware This Game Was Rated E for Everyone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaYoda

Junior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroWaffle View Post
Also; back to the original topic of suitable content for "T for teen".

The ESRB classifies games that are "T for teen" when the content is considered suitable for ages 13 and up.

Now tell me, what kind of behavior is suitable in front of a 13 year old?
Telling them that they are the cancer of the game? Telling them to go swallow bleach?
The game is "t for teen" however, if you go to esrb, for any online interaction game, this is included



Other:
Includes online features that may expose players to unrated user-generated content (Macintosh, Windows PC)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYoda View Post
The game is "t for teen" however, if you go to esrb, for any online interaction game, this is included



Other:
Includes online features that may expose players to unrated user-generated content (Macintosh, Windows PC)
That does not give you permission to ignore the rules of a given location.

For example a bar may contain drunk people. Belligerent drunk people get thrown out of the bar. Violent drunk people get to sit in the back of a car for a ride to this magical world called the holding cell where you get your picture taken and get to play with finger paint.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaYoda

Junior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
That does not give you permission to ignore the rules of a given location.

For example a bar may contain drunk people. Belligerent drunk people get thrown out of the bar. Violent drunk people get to sit in the back of a car for a ride to this magical world called the holding cell where you get your picture taken and get to play with finger paint.
A) belligerence could mean anything from aggressive to hateful, so your wording here is too vague.

B) Violent requires physical harm, which is seemingly impossible in a game.

Your analogy is not void, you make a case, but it presupposes too many variables.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYoda View Post
A) belligerence could mean anything from aggressive to hateful, so your wording here is too vague.

B) Violent requires physical harm, which is seemingly impossible in a game.

Your analogy is not void, you make a case, but it presupposes too many variables.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/belligerent
adjective
1. warlike; given to waging war.
2. of warlike character; aggressively hostile; bellicose: a belligerent tone.
3. waging war; engaged in war: a peace treaty between belligerent powers.
4. pertaining to war or to those engaged in war: belligerent rights.

This is the basics of the term in the format I used it in. But you can see the aggressive and hateful side of it which is enough. That is something that the League of Legends does not appreciate. That will get you banned for a time. It starts with us telling you go home baron, you're drunk. If you insist on staying we remove you from the location of the booze. If you become Karthas we call the police. Bonus points to anyone who knows the Karthas referance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-16-2013

vi·o·lent
adjective
1.acting with or characterized by uncontrolled, strong, rough force: a violent earthquake.
2.caused by injurious or destructive force: a violent death.
3.intense in force, effect, etc.; severe; extreme: violent pain; violent cold.
4.roughly or immoderately vehement or ardent: violent passions.
5.furious in impetuosity, energy, etc.: violent haste.

No, doesn't require harm. *Violence* might require harm, but *violent* does not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnfnrf

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYoda View Post
"Riot's rules" also hold to pick order, but if I'm first pick and choose not to call a lane before somebody else, I'm faced with "verbal abuse". Do I report? No, because I'm not a child that thinks such things are necessary. I tell them to read the summoner's code and I adapt. Riot's rules also state never get frustrated by a player's experience, yet there is a report entitled "unskilled player." Logic?
Where did you get the idea that Riot tells people to follow pick order? Riot tells people to work out a mutually viable team by communicating with your teammates.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shelzin

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYoda View Post
If you use it, it won't affect you and, therefore, won't have hurt feelings that give you reason to report. Abuse does not altar gameplay, if it does, you're too insecure to be around any human interaction.
Actually... I'm unaffected emotionally that you are banned. I would think you would go out of your way to make sure that you don't get reported... Because I don't care if you get banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ext3rmin8or

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYoda View Post
The game is "t for teen" however, if you go to esrb, for any online interaction game, this is included



Other:
Includes online features that may expose players to unrated user-generated content (Macintosh, Windows PC)

Where I live, League of Legends is rated M. If online interactions were rated, it would probably have been given our "R16" rating. Offtopic, but there have been a lot of games here that are probably classified based on the simple fact that players will be verbally abused online. Every Halo game is either R13 or R16 despite only containing PG level content when played offline.


Back on topic, Riot should just remove the filter and mute button from the game if they are going to continue banning players for verbal abuse. At least that would remove the current double standard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Triska

Senior Member

02-17-2013

You mention personal responsibility, which I find interesting considering your argument for use of the mute button.

Why do you think it's better for multiple people to have to take a step to solve a problem you are causing (muting you), rather than you just not being a jerk to others?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xianio

Senior Member

02-17-2013

This thread no longer has any real focus and has become almost entirely about semantics.

In the end only three things really matter,
1) This is private space owned by Riot (allowing them to set the rules)
2) Verbal abuse punishments have been routinely punished and/or upheld by Riot
3) Your behaviour crosses Riot's "verbal abuse" line and you will continually be punished for it until it stops.

That, in the most direct terms, is really all that matters.