I Wasn't Aware This Game Was Rated E for Everyone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coher

Junior Member

02-16-2013

Banned for swearing even though its * out huh? This support is worse than Xbox support who helps the hackers. Riot, Your rules are trash that only help butt hurt players that can't take a simple insult and cut themselves over it. Pretty sure this game isn't for kids so stop acting like it is and banning people for swearing you idiots....done with this stupid game if you get banned for using the 1st amendment.....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterTerranort

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ext3rmin8or View Post
Except you are buying it. not renting.
When you agree to the ToS you're renting as long as you follow their rules. You break their rules they can take everything back.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterTerranort

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coher View Post
Banned for swearing even though its * out huh? This support is worse than Xbox support who helps the hackers. Riot. You're admins are trash who only care for butt hurt players that can't take a simple insult who cut themselves. Pretty sure this game isn't for kids so stop acting like it is and banning people for swearing you idiots....done with this stupid game if you get banned for using the 1st amendment.....
Bill of Rights doesn't apply to online games played internationally.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ext3rmin8or View Post
Except you are buying it. not renting.
The terms are quite explicit that you are not buying it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coher View Post
Banned for swearing even though its * out huh? This support is worse than Xbox support who helps the hackers. Riot. You're admins are trash who only care for butt hurt players that can't take a simple insult who cut themselves. Pretty sure this game isn't for kids so stop acting like it is and banning people for swearing you idiots....done with this stupid game if you get banned for using the 1st amendment.....
The first amendment prevents the government for persecuting you for what you say. Are you saying Obama timebanned this guy?? /tinfoilhat


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xeones

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coher View Post
Banned for swearing even though its * out huh? This support is worse than Xbox support who helps the hackers. Riot. You're admins are trash who only care for butt hurt players that can't take a simple insult who cut themselves. Pretty sure this game isn't for kids so stop acting like it is and banning people for swearing you idiots....done with this stupid game if you get banned for using the 1st amendment.....
People don't get banned for cussing. People get banned for verbally attacking their team mates. You could say a cuss word in each like of text you say (barring racial/homophobic slurs) and get a pardon from me as long as you aren't attacking someone.

Also I really hate people who have no clue what the first amendment is, or what it protects.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ext3rmin8or View Post
It's not exactly legal. Just because it's in the TOS doesn't give Riot the right to commit theft.
Actually it is legal due to the "clickwrap" that exists when the game is installed or patched.

But it's covered in the ToU:
Quote:
III. ACCOUNT INFORMATION

E. Suspension/Termination.

1 By Riot Games. RIOT GAMES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, AND WITH NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND TO YOU. Additionally, Riot Games may stop offering and/or supporting the Game at any time. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most Account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violation of this Agreement, the EULA, the Privacy Policy, or the Summoner’s Code (defined below). Accounts terminated by Riot Games shall not be reinstated under any conditions whatsoever.
2 By You. You may terminate your Account at any time, for any reason or no reason, by contacting Riot Games at support@riotgames.com.
3 By the Community via Crowd Sourcing. Riot Games has empowered its community of users (the “Community”) to police the compliance of other users with the “Summoner’s Code” (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articl...Summoners_Code), which outlines the principles of ideal game play behavior, as well as with other Riot Games policies. Consistent with the guidelines found at http://na.leagueoflegends.com/legal/tribunal ">http://na.leagueoflegends.com/legal/tribunal, Community members, including you as a user, are allowed to submit descriptions of activity and actions of certain users within the Game, and collectively determine if that particular user was in compliance with the Riot Games policies relating to user conduct, including, but not limited to, the Summoner’s Code and the Code of Conduct (defined below). This system of allowing the Community to review user behavior in the Game is called The Tribunal®. Should The Tribunal determine that you have acted in contravention of any one of the Riot Games policies, Riot Games may, in its sole and absolute discretion, ban your use of the Game and suspend, terminate and/or delete your Account.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ext3rmin8or

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Is it illegal when you sell your car and you sign a contract that you no longer own it? Defining who owns what is exactly what contracts are for. If you agree to it, it becomes legal. If you don't like it, don't press "Agree" next patch.
Firstly, I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the car analogy. Secondly, pressing "Agree" on a contract that says "You agree that we can take away what you payed for" doesn't mean that taking away a product or products that I paid for (Theft) magically becomes legal just because I pressed a button.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arktik

Senior Member

02-16-2013

That awkward moment when someone compares sacrificing a child to the ownership of digital items...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ext3rmin8or View Post
pressing "Agree" on a contract that says "You agree that we can take away what you payed for" doesn't mean that taking away a product or products that I paid for (Theft) magically becomes legal just because I pressed a button.
Yes, it does.