I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borand

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Hello Mr GypsyLord, first time posting in your thread!
I have a number of questions myself, so please be thorough and hold on with me. Please :P

1. Items. I know Xypherous is currently in charge, but he is so difficult to get to talk with. Also, he goes Philosophy Mode which kind of makes me lose track of him. He also seems that he is there to deconstruct your arguments instead of listening to you and thinking if there is a legit problem or not. I want to talk with a red about this, it's such a frustrating thing to not be listened to and Riot tends to listen to its players. Ofcourse I might be wrong, if that's the case after having someone from Riot explain it to me I will understand. But if I am right I will have contributed to a change I alongside many others want to see. Here I go:

1.1 What do you think about Spirit Visage being the second best MR item in the game, but being almost useless on a tank that doesn't regenerate fast- alas doesn't have Warmogs? I think that Spirit Visage should either be changed to appeal to every tank, or have it's MR nerfed and add an item that will make good use of that MR and be useful to every tank.

1.2 There exists a number of second tier items that won't build into anything (Executioners and Malady jump in my mind). In the @Ezreal thread, Ezreal said Malady is strong. In my opinion it doesn't fit in AP builds because it doesn't offer anything besides AS and a poor amount of AP. A tank won't use it because it takes up a survivability slot, a support most likely won't use it for the same reason. A top lane will probably opt for AD/survivability and AD carry won't build it for sure. Will it see any changes to give it a home class?
1.3 Banshees Veil used to be a good item, but it now has a mechanic that can keep you for minutes without the spell-shield. I find that it was so much better when it had almost double the cooldown it has now. Is it being looked at? What do you think of this item?

1.4 As a tank, your itemization has to meet three Conditions: Health, Resistances, Regeneration.
The only decent regeneration item is Warmogs (I think Spirit Visage would be more appropriate for regeneration), which doesn't provide any other defensive stats besides HP at all. So you are forced into Warmogs every time as a tank, which doesn't provide any defenses at all. Why doesn't this item provide any other defenses, and why is there such a big lack of regeneration items? This is a serious problem that forces a single item on an entire class.

1.5 Why does Quicksilver Sash get an offensive upgrade but no defensive ones? Let's say you are a tank against a heavy CC team. You build QSS, but after that what do you build it into? Mercurial Scimitar won't work for you.

1.6 Why does Frozen Fists' slow field not differenciate between ranged and melee?
1.7 What's with the lack of AS focused upgrades that don't offer critchance? The only one I can think of is Zephyr, which on the one hand is a great item, but on the other hand doesn't have a home class simply for providing a weird mixture of offensive stats and tank stats. Runaans also exists but it only applies to ranged characters.

1.8 Why do Boots of Swiftness have 5 less MS than what they should? :P

1.9 The Jungle items: Spirit of the Spectral Wraith loses it's HP5 for some weird reason. Spirit of the Ancient Golem feels right currently. Spirit of the Lizard Elder should slow instead of apllying a true damage DoT and have some lifesteal.

1.10 Problem with tenacity: Scarce stat, scattered on 3 random items, one of which is a jungle item. The other is Zephyr which as I mentioned earlier feels out of place. The third item is OK which is Mercurys Treads. If you are a jungling tank, you will build Spirit of the Ancient Golem. This is OK, but against teams with magic damage this forces you into not buying Mercurys because Tenacity doesn't stack. MR itemization is not really good so you lose 25 MR because tenacity is tied to them. Do you acknoledge this as a problem?
1.11 I think the AD casters are currently too strong, not because black cleaver is OP, but because there isn't a counter item for them. I was thinking that tweaking Ninja Tabis and Thornmail would fix this issue. Having these items work with "physical damage" instead of "basic attacks", and exchanging some Armour from Thornmail for some HP could potentially address this issue. Could it really address it? Is this possible to at least test?
1.12 Why doesn't spell vamp proc off all magical damage and lifesteal off all physical? Lich Bane loses lots of healing because of this


2. Champions.

2.1 In the past, Riot admitted on the forums that Lux did not turn out to be a successful Support and/or Mage at the same time. To be honest, Zyra does what Lux was intended to do, better than her. She has a more reliable root, has a knock up, slow, vision. The only thing that Lux offers as a support that Zyra doesn't, is a shield. Is Lux pending for a rework? If no (I believe she isn't), how would she be like if she were designed today?

2.2 Quoted from the @Ezreal thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
Well, Sion was designed to be an offensive tank, however he deviated from this when players focused on his AP build. Over time we have considered making him more focused on AD, but shied away from it since it goes counter to how the majority of the community enjoys playing him. Honestly, I am not sure if we should change him into a AD focused champion at this point.
Please, please, keep his role as the Fighter/Tank intact. That's what he is, please don't change that. His kit (innate, e and ulti) and lore both point out to a fighter. There's a number of reasons AP Sion meets more play, but that's because he is more fun currently that way.
Could something like a system that resembles Kha Zix's evolution system work? Something like: There's an Arcane skillset and a Warrior skillset. When the game begins, you are prompted to choose one of the two. Choosing Arcane opens up an Arcane passive and the AP skillset. Choosing Warrior opens up a Warrior passive and the Fighter skillset. Lore could say that in order to reanimate Sion they had 2 souls possess his body along with his, the souls battle eachother for dominance and summoners can only control him by controlling one of the Souls within him. I would be totally Happy with being able to play him either way whenever I want.

2.3 Thoughts on Ashe? Any chances she's going to receive the "Garen" treatment? She is good, but I think she could be better without being unbalanced. Also, her passive is not that helpful :'( (too random/unreliable unless you're doing support Ashe.)


Please let me know what you think of these.
Sorry for the long post!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meatzombie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-28-2013

are you creating Lissandra, the Ice Dervish


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HoneyBadgerNZ

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadgerNZ View Post
@RiotGypsy: How do I get your job?

No. Seriously.
The Honey Badger sits and waits. He has an itch on his right flank and curls his arm behind him to scratch absentmindedly at it. He hears a sound, a whisper and raises his head only to find other whispered voices in the gloom. Not the Gypsy, but he don't care. He is prepared to wait for his answer.

Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
1.1 What do you think about Spirit Visage being the second best MR item in the game, but being almost useless on a tank that doesn't regenerate fast- alas doesn't have Warmogs? I think that Spirit Visage should either be changed to appeal to every tank, or have it's MR nerfed and add an item that will make good use of that MR and be useful to every tank.
I completely disagree. This item is ESSENTIAL on Warwick and the MR on it is ESSENTIAL. Mundo and Maokai also benefit hugely from this item.

If you are not Mundo, Warwick, Maokai, etc. Don't get it. Get the Bulwark.

I can answer more questions actually.

1.2: On hit AP works well with Malady. It adds alot more damage than you give it credit for. Tankwick, Teemo and even Fizz can make use of Malady well.

1.4: Warmogs is over-utilised at the moment but anyhow, it gives you amazing regen and prolongs your life in extended battles in an amazing way. It also works well with some Bruisers (Olaf comes to mind straight away). The amount of staying power it gives requires it to have no defensive benefits. Regenerating 50hp in 5 sec is massively defensive.

1.9: Again I disagree. I think each item works perfectly in certain builds and there is no need to change them.

2.1: I use Lux as an AP mid. She has amazing battlefield control (thought not quite like Zyra) and has a long distance sniping shot that can pick off stragglers, plus be spammed every 30 seconds or so. Lux is in a great spot and has massive burst if you know how. Wait until a Pro realises and picks her up - she'll likely get nerfed.

Otherwise I agree with you on your other points


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheshire Lunacy

Senior Member

01-28-2013

who's your favorite doctor


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arctic Bro

Member

01-28-2013

Can you see my avatar?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pie Kills

Member

01-29-2013

This thread is now dead .-.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheshire Lunacy

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Kills View Post
This thread is now dead .-.
Dead, or undead. someone get the shotgun Gypsy has done some gypsy voodoo magic to the thread and its now a walker.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oddish33

Senior Member

02-08-2013

1.Thoughts on Nami?
2. Any hints on champions you're designing? Are you designing a support?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pie Kills

Member

02-11-2013

Is this still active?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

02-16-2013
65 of 65 Riot Posts

83-87:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupkup View Post
Will we ever see a doppelganger champ that can steal/copy abilities in some fashion?
You're talking about someone like Rubic right? Unlikely, the way many of our spells are coded assume that only one person on one team is casting them. Would take a massive overhaul to make a character like this work. Also not convinced that his gameplay would be all that cool. What happens if you're against a Veigar and you want to steal his ult? Would be a matter of luck getting the timing right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordle Junior View Post
I'm a little butt-hurt at the moment, so QQ incoming but please read on as I'll try to keep it polite ^^;

Akali, just played against one...

She had a hextech gunblade, liandry's torment, warmogs, sunfire cape, and boots... she was unkillable and practically instagibbed everyone with that build.

My question, I suppose, is whether or not there are any plans to look into akali's balance issues. She's supposed to be an assassin, not an assassin+tank combo.
Her shroud gives ton of hidden power. +60 AR + MR or something insane like that. Very powerful drain tank once she gets her items. If she gets nerfs the shroud defenses would be a good place to hit IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran888888 View Post
Is there any work being done on xerath? Hes my favorite champion, but i hate how weak he is with everyone having gapclosers. And he kinda feels dumb without his ulti.

Please respond!
I agree that Xerath feels dumb without his ult. I do not agree that he is weak. He bursts people from 10 billion range. Who cares about gap closers, just unload on the guy. The S3 pen changes were a HUGE buff to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordsIs9 View Post
Hmm, may have to post this again later, but...

I love Vi. This is the second time that I've started to leave LoL only to be sucked back in by a new champion - Ahri was the last one.


I've been maining Vi (jungle ftw) at the 15xx-1600 range. I was wondering if you have any advice for how to play her.

I've generally been clearing till 3 + red buff, sometimes waiting till 4 and then ganking. I've noticed that pre-6 ganks are pretty tough to pull off in general. I also tend to take the second blue buff unless mid really needs it.

As for items: I read your post about ideal builds, and the fact that she can be built in multiple ways. I generally take advantage of that, but with a core of bruta+phage+ spirit stone (usually into lizard elder).

I know the above information doesn't give a good picture of my weaknesses as a player, but can be difficult to do that via a forum post. I welcome any advice, and thanks for a great champion!
Vi advice:
Build at least 1 AD item and get some CDR. Be hyper-agro whenever your ult is up and farm the jungle like crazy whenever it is down. Q+Flash+R combo is a guaranteed 1.25 second knockup at 1925 range
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
What you're not understanding is that it doesn't matter.

Kha'Zix has a 900 range leap and if he's "fed" that means you die.

As "Unseen Threat" might imply, he can do this from where you can't see him. Like in stealth.

Riven has oodles of gapclosing, CC, and a 900 range AoE execute.

As you might guess, stealth, shields, and dashes are also good ways to get out of "less safe" places.
Especially if they reset on the corpse of your victim.

The best part? These are AD champions. If they're "fed", they don't even need their ults to BLAM you.

Annie and Brand have so little mobility and non-ability damage that they usually have to wait for Flash and Ult to kill someone. Even when thousands of gold ahead.

So okay, to illustrate, here's Chaox playing Vi for his marathon:

http://www.twitch.tv/tsm_chaox/c/1808367

Just examine what happens to that lane, and compare to Annie.

You may see that when a champion has 700+ range gapclosers that can also function as easy escapes with tons of burst in addition, well, you'll see.

Edit: And that doesn't even mention what Caitlyn does to you if she gets ahead in lane.
This is a lane snowballing problem, pretty much not specifically a burst mage problem.

Examining Season 1, where Annie was very famously picked in tournaments by Reginald, might help to get a sense of the counterplay.

I'm quite aware of the point you are trying to make: but you have to put it in perspective with the gamestate itself.

Counterplay exists to a 600 range nuke, real mechanical skill-based methods for mitigating the effect.
Counterplay exists to a low-mobility squishy mage like Annie, real teamwork effects.

Darius actually has tons less counterplay than Annie because his ult is a targeted "you die" that ignores resists, and all the CC to make sure he usually gets to use it.

Annie can be zoned by a Tank. Darius almost always cannot.
What I'm trying to get at is that a champion like Kha'zix can exist in a game-space where he doesn't one-shot you. His kit allows him to jump onto a weak target mid combat, execute it, and get out. Kha can be effective as an assassin without having to have the insane burst that he does presently. Annie doesn't have this luxury. Her kit is all about one-shotting people and when she cannot do that she is significantly less effective.

It's all about patterns on kits and how they fit into the game. Can Kha one-shot people right now? Yes, but he's also probably OP. If we nerf his burst he's still going to have a place in the game. If we nerf Annie's burst she going to have a much harder time being viable.

Also, to speak to that Vi game. Chaox is one of the best players in our game. That Kennen was some rando from solo queue normal blind pick who didn't take armor runes to top lane. If Chaox's Vi hadn't completely decimated that guy I would have been worried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iateurcookie View Post
do u like cats?
They're okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokkun View Post
What do you think of people using Thresh as either an AD (doing magic burst off his Q passive) or on-hit builds?
Do you think that needs to die like Lulu non-support did, or is this ok?
AD Thresh is fine. You can play against a Thresh in lane. His stuff is dodgeable, and his AA range is awful. Can't say that about Lulu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFerrier64 View Post
Hi Gypsylord, and congratz on making it into the Riot Family!

I've always been big into lore in games I've played like WoW and LOTR. I'm a sucker for some good lore in League as well. From what I understand, Lee Sin has a sister. Do you know of any plans to implement her as a female fighter in the form of a monk, like her brother? I'd love to see another martial arts champ. I'm sure there is a lot you could do with her if you didn't make her blind !
No plans for Lee's sister that I know of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1e1336cdef530a View Post
hmm sneek peek on your champ ?

Anyway what kind of champs will you primarily focus on design ?
Why teemo..?
Hmmm my next champ. She's female. I'm designing the mechanics. Teatime is drawing her. Ransom is crafting her story.

Her early art was on the wall next to Vi when I started at Riot last June. I found her super exciting and am psyched that I get to work on her as my next champ.


Why Teemo? Why not Teemo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samflash3 View Post
Any chance of there being a support Carry?. Like a carry that can heal/shield teammates( Hmmm. Maybe add that to ashe's E lol). Or a carry that does not rely on mana? Maybe energy, fury, health or just cooldowns?
Support Carry? You mean old Ezreal? He could heal... Probably no the best idea. Carries are usually designed to be selfish because at the end of the day they're the ones who bring the endgame damage. They don't need extra utility to fit into the team. The ones that do get strong utility usually pay for it in damage (Ashe has no steroids).

Have been experimenting with a ranged AD kit that has no mana. Risky because being able to go OOM is a major balance point on many of our AD's on lane. Look what happened to EZ when we removed his mana costs. Think it could be doable if the character was heavily AA focused and had crazy long CD's on his abilities in lane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy51 View Post
Soley on their lore alone, are there any certain places or characters you look upon fondly?
Actually really like the Cait + Vi story. Lot's of stuff to build on there. They're like Batman and Robin except they're both cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritomb View Post
What do you look like? (picture!)
I'm pretty much a cuter version of Teemo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrofarad View Post
What on a pure trap or strategy based mage? Something for us who's primary skill is to out-think our opponents.
That's Shaco.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtielx View Post
I'm sorry, but that's awful and shouldn't be okay. Essentially, you're saying a champion is considered "fine" in your opinion if they work against people who don't know how to play the game?



I probably sound bitter and argumentative but I don't know how else to word my reaction to that. I regularly played WW in the ~2k elo bracket last season and it felt awful. As I approach my elo again this season, yet again, he feels awful.
A design goal shouldn't be to make every champ competitively viable. Why? Because pros don't play "fun champs", "fair champs", or even "viable champs." For the most part they just play "broken champs." What we should do is make sure every champion has a competitive niche where you could foresee them being picked if the meta and circumstances supported it. WW is the best drain tank in our game. You also cannot get away from him. If WW gets ahead on items he WILL go nuclear. You won't be able to fight him and you won't be able to run. If he is ahead he won't burst you but he WILL lock you down and kill you faster than you can kill him all while giving his entire team a 10 sec 40% AS buff. He wins more than he loses across ALL elos. Of course, today's meta is more about fast jungles and crazy split pushing. WW has meaningful weaknesses, so he doesn't see competitive play. That doesn't mean he doesn't have insane strengths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
This is going to sound SO whiny but...

Why do you nerf AP Lulu almost immediately when Darius takes forever to change? He's not fun to lane against either? Heck, you could say the same about any support that can AP mid. AP Sona? NOPE. She's a melee minion! Less durable then the champion who has an extra lifebar every couple of minutes and less range to boot! AP Janna? Nope, tornado takes forever to charge up and if it isn't charged it's worthless! AP Soraka? Actually still kind of decent but takes forever to kill something.

Do I still play all of these mid? Yes. Would I do so in any serious game? No. I understand that, as fun as it is for me to land a great glitterlance kill from a minion, it's not very fun for the other player. But it's still frustrating when the community pigeonholes a bunch of champions into the 'item caddy, ward slave, and adc babysitter' role; and this is coming from someone who LIKES to play support! Sometimes I want to do something different with my mute songstress/crazy yordle/unicorn/wind goddess, yaknow?

I apologize and I know this sounds ridiculous and you're not the person to complain to.
Darius lanes in a long lane and can be ganked quite easily. If he gets behind he WILL lose a lane and will bring very little to his team in a fight (Asides from KS'ing). Unerfed Lulu had none of those weaknesses. Laned mid, was impossible to gank, and brought insane amounts of utility to her team regardless of whether or not she lost the lane.

I appreciate you want to do something different with your supports, but if we made them viable for mid-lane we'd have to nerf their utility into the ground. You have to remember, all a support kit needs to be effective is levels (and sometimes not even that). You bring them to the team for their utility, not their damage. Putting them mid should mean your team is making a tradeoff. Prenerf Lulu didn't have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koechophe View Post
For the record, you're wrong about lulu. She's far less toxic than a lot of people that go mid. Take morg. She's going to have a strong end game with good farm, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. She'll farm no matter what happens. There is no real counterplay, because all it takes for her to farm is a simple pool that can be placed at high ranges, and snare + spell shield make ganking impossible.

Take Leblanc. She can unload her two spell combo on you from her dash, leaving you silenced and low on hp, and she'll be gone before you can even blink.

Do you know what the counter play on lulu is? Passive farmers with range, or lane bullies like leblanc. Leblanc can wreck lulu in lane with ease. Mord, lux, zyra, morg, malz, galio, syndra and many others can easily passive farm her lane. What's more, lulu is VERY mana hungry in lane, and once she unloads her combo, she has nothing. She has 2 offensive spells, and her passive is weaker than many people with counterparts (Ziggs and orianna come to mind). Heck, look at orianna if you want a comparison. She has a slow and a sheild and a haste, making her hard to gank, and she has her Q+W combo which hurts, in addition to her passive, AND she has much better range than lulu. By your logic, she has no counterplay.

The real ugly truth of the scenario is this: Mid lane often has no sense of counter play. People get in lane and passive farm the **** out of it, and if any sort of harass is successful, they just sustain it back using pots. If people aren't stupid, mid most often becomes a farm fest to the end, and there are quite a few champions that can easily farm with no risk whatsoever. The reason people rage about lulu mid is that they don't know how to fight against it. It's easy to beat a lulu mid if you know what you're doing, and frankly, nerfing both her mid AND her top lane (item proc lulu died w/ season three) is basically just saying that you don't care enough about the playstyle to try to keep it balanced.

Though that's happened to a lot of playstyles. I wish you guys could have the guts to admit when you simply don't care.
No, the reason people raged against Lulu mid is that she had no weaknesses. Morg mid is stupid, I agree, but AT LEAST she turns the lane into a farm lane. Morg has a hard time going agro, and forcing you out of lane. You can lane a hyper-scaler against that and come out on top. Lulu didn't have that weakness. That's the thing I'm trying to get at. Frustrating lanes exist, this is true. What keeps most of them in check is they at least have one weakness. Prenerf Lulu had none. She couldn't be ganked, she couldn't be fought, she couldn't be farmed against, she had a strong transition regardless of whether or not she won the lane. Zero. Weaknesses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatzombie View Post
are you creating Lissandra, the Ice Dervish
heh
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddish33 View Post
1.Thoughts on Nami?
2. Any hints on champions you're designing? Are you designing a support?
1. Nami had a really cool design that was partially lost during balancing IMO. All her spells used to be way bigger and do way more. She had all these cool things she was good at and felt awesome to play. When we balanced her I feel like we decided to tone down EVERYTHING, making pretty much all of her spells feel "meh," instead of picking one spell that could be insane and feel great and then nerfing the others to compensate.

2. See above post. She's not a support/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
Hello Mr GypsyLord, first time posting in your thread!
I have a number of questions myself, so please be thorough and hold on with me. Please :P

1. Items. I know Xypherous is currently in charge, but he is so difficult to get to talk with. Also, he goes Philosophy Mode which kind of makes me lose track of him. He also seems that he is there to deconstruct your arguments instead of listening to you and thinking if there is a legit problem or not. I want to talk with a red about this, it's such a frustrating thing to not be listened to and Riot tends to listen to its players. Ofcourse I might be wrong, if that's the case after having someone from Riot explain it to me I will understand. But if I am right I will have contributed to a change I alongside many others want to see. Here I go:

1.1 What do you think about Spirit Visage being the second best MR item in the game, but being almost useless on a tank that doesn't regenerate fast- alas doesn't have Warmogs? I think that Spirit Visage should either be changed to appeal to every tank, or have it's MR nerfed and add an item that will make good use of that MR and be useful to every tank.

1.2 There exists a number of second tier items that won't build into anything (Executioners and Malady jump in my mind). In the @Ezreal thread, Ezreal said Malady is strong. In my opinion it doesn't fit in AP builds because it doesn't offer anything besides AS and a poor amount of AP. A tank won't use it because it takes up a survivability slot, a support most likely won't use it for the same reason. A top lane will probably opt for AD/survivability and AD carry won't build it for sure. Will it see any changes to give it a home class?
1.3 Banshees Veil used to be a good item, but it now has a mechanic that can keep you for minutes without the spell-shield. I find that it was so much better when it had almost double the cooldown it has now. Is it being looked at? What do you think of this item?

1.4 As a tank, your itemization has to meet three Conditions: Health, Resistances, Regeneration.
The only decent regeneration item is Warmogs (I think Spirit Visage would be more appropriate for regeneration), which doesn't provide any other defensive stats besides HP at all. So you are forced into Warmogs every time as a tank, which doesn't provide any defenses at all. Why doesn't this item provide any other defenses, and why is there such a big lack of regeneration items? This is a serious problem that forces a single item on an entire class.

1.5 Why does Quicksilver Sash get an offensive upgrade but no defensive ones? Let's say you are a tank against a heavy CC team. You build QSS, but after that what do you build it into? Mercurial Scimitar won't work for you.

1.6 Why does Frozen Fists' slow field not differenciate between ranged and melee?
1.7 What's with the lack of AS focused upgrades that don't offer critchance? The only one I can think of is Zephyr, which on the one hand is a great item, but on the other hand doesn't have a home class simply for providing a weird mixture of offensive stats and tank stats. Runaans also exists but it only applies to ranged characters.

1.8 Why do Boots of Swiftness have 5 less MS than what they should? :P

1.9 The Jungle items: Spirit of the Spectral Wraith loses it's HP5 for some weird reason. Spirit of the Ancient Golem feels right currently. Spirit of the Lizard Elder should slow instead of apllying a true damage DoT and have some lifesteal.

1.10 Problem with tenacity: Scarce stat, scattered on 3 random items, one of which is a jungle item. The other is Zephyr which as I mentioned earlier feels out of place. The third item is OK which is Mercurys Treads. If you are a jungling tank, you will build Spirit of the Ancient Golem. This is OK, but against teams with magic damage this forces you into not buying Mercurys because Tenacity doesn't stack. MR itemization is not really good so you lose 25 MR because tenacity is tied to them. Do you acknoledge this as a problem?
1.11 I think the AD casters are currently too strong, not because black cleaver is OP, but because there isn't a counter item for them. I was thinking that tweaking Ninja Tabis and Thornmail would fix this issue. Having these items work with "physical damage" instead of "basic attacks", and exchanging some Armour from Thornmail for some HP could potentially address this issue. Could it really address it? Is this possible to at least test?
1.12 Why doesn't spell vamp proc off all magical damage and lifesteal off all physical? Lich Bane loses lots of healing because of this


2. Champions.

2.1 In the past, Riot admitted on the forums that Lux did not turn out to be a successful Support and/or Mage at the same time. To be honest, Zyra does what Lux was intended to do, better than her. She has a more reliable root, has a knock up, slow, vision. The only thing that Lux offers as a support that Zyra doesn't, is a shield. Is Lux pending for a rework? If no (I believe she isn't), how would she be like if she were designed today?

2.2 Quoted from the @Ezreal thread.

Please, please, keep his role as the Fighter/Tank intact. That's what he is, please don't change that. His kit (innate, e and ulti) and lore both point out to a fighter. There's a number of reasons AP Sion meets more play, but that's because he is more fun currently that way.
Could something like a system that resembles Kha Zix's evolution system work? Something like: There's an Arcane skillset and a Warrior skillset. When the game begins, you are prompted to choose one of the two. Choosing Arcane opens up an Arcane passive and the AP skillset. Choosing Warrior opens up a Warrior passive and the Fighter skillset. Lore could say that in order to reanimate Sion they had 2 souls possess his body along with his, the souls battle eachother for dominance and summoners can only control him by controlling one of the Souls within him. I would be totally Happy with being able to play him either way whenever I want.

2.3 Thoughts on Ashe? Any chances she's going to receive the "Garen" treatment? She is good, but I think she could be better without being unbalanced. Also, her passive is not that helpful :'( (too random/unreliable unless you're doing support Ashe.)


Please let me know what you think of these.
Sorry for the long post!
1.1 MR itemization seems a bit poor right now. I think SV is in a good place overall though. It's super powerful on the characters it's good on.

1.2 It's an AP+AS item. It's bad/strong in the same way Nashor's Tooth is. Very good on champs who like AS/AP, just that there aren't many champs who want those two stats. I imagine it could be a strong buy on Kass...

1.3 I talked to Geeves about the new CD timer. We may be looking at it in the future. Not sure.

1.4 Not sure regen is a required stat for tanks. I will agree that regen itemization is low and there should perhaps be more. Problem is, we make regen good and you just see champs like Kat rushing it in lane...

1.5 Tanks don't care nearly as much about being CC'd. In fact, they WANT you to waste their CC on them. As the such the optimal play is to not do so and instead throw it at the ADC's. QSS's upgraded was made specifically with Melee carries in mind. They're the people who really need that CC removal, which is why we gave QSS an offensive upgrade. At least I think that's the reason...

1.9 Because you get spellvamp

1.10 Tenacity should be something you choose to buy, not something you get for free every game. Missing the 25 MR from merc's? Buy a MR Mantle and turn it into a Bulwark. MR itemization may be low, but that specific MR item is OP as hell.

1.11 "Reduces all physical damage" is exactly what armor does. Tabi is great vs AD casters because it gives armor and then more reduction on their followup autos to boot. Randuin's is a great item if you want to counter an AD caster.

1.12 Because it would be OP. Imagine if Vi could get lifesteal off of her Excessive Force shockwave. Imagine if Talon of Kha could heal off of their burst...

Champs
2.1 No need to rework Lux. Her kit is incredibly fun and incredibly powerful. She is probably OP to be honest. That laser gets down to a 24 sec CD late game and her ranges are such that she will NEVER DIE. Also her shield is god tier in the amount of damage it prevents. Sure Zyra root is better than hers. Zyra burst, range, and tankiness is not.

2.2 So in the lore Sion is a warrior but in the game our players play him as a burst mage. Which camp should we cater to...I'd lean more towards the people playing him.

2.3 Ashe is in a really good spot right now, we're probably going to be buffing her AS a tad in the near future.

Also, about Garen, he's strong as hell right now in solo queue. It boggles my mind that people aren't playing him more. Want to win every game you play without even trying? Take Garen toplane. Enjoy your new league!