[Discussion] Annie: I won't use Meija's anymore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiPanda View Post
Why do so many people think Mejai's got nerfed? If anything, its early bonus got nerfed while its late game bonus got HUGELY buffed. At max stacks, Mejai's gives +180 AP. An item for 1400g that eventually gives +180 AP? That is ridiculous. The other snowball items don't even come close to Mejai's; A laughably underpowered (in comparison) max +40 damage, or a max +965 hp that is decent but still attainable by other items. No other AP item with the exception of Zhonya's Ring give anywhere close to +180 AP. Throw on a heal and a CD reduction at max stacks, and you have one damn good item.

Play smart, don't die, and you'll be destroying with the new Mejai's in no time.
Annie shine mid game. You need taht bonus right now, not late game while you'll be almost useless and concidered as a support stun spammer.

Vancouver Amumu

12-02-2009

I agree with Ben0it, I'll most likely need to adjust my item build with Annie, and I'm not really sure how yet. I really liked the previous Mejai's though... Too bad they killed it.

ALCie

12-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiPanda View Post
Why do so many people think Mejai's got nerfed? If anything, its early bonus got nerfed while its late game bonus got HUGELY buffed. At max stacks, Mejai's gives +180 AP. An item for 1400g that eventually gives +180 AP? That is ridiculous. The other snowball items don't even come close to Mejai's; A laughably underpowered (in comparison) max +40 damage, or a max +965 hp that is decent but still attainable by other items. No other AP item with the exception of Zhonya's Ring give anywhere close to +180 AP. Throw on a heal and a CD reduction at max stacks, and you have one damn good item.

Play smart, don't die, and you'll be destroying with the new Mejai's in no time.
If you are consistently getting 10 unanswered kills there is something wrong with match making.

It takes 8 unanswered kills for new Meija's to take over old Meija's. Even then the new one won't be giving bonuses for being maxed out. It is a bit cheaper but not so much more. This is most definitely a nerf to Mejai's. Does not mean its useless though, still gives the most AP of one item in the game.

PineappleThis

12-02-2009

Yea even if someone goes 15/5/8 you need a combination of either 10 kills or 20 assists to max that thing out, not counting the loss on death. So the ability to actually reach maxed out generally requires a really fed person, or a really long game in which someone can rack up enough assists. I'm not a fan of these new items because they cater to only getting kills and don't seem to support working as a team. Definitely can cause more people to be getting angry at kill steals.

kaodynamics

12-02-2009

well lets see

old soul stealer 160 + 70 = 230 no loss. mana on kill.
new soul stealer 180 + 20 = 200 with loss. no mana on kill unless full stacked (20 stacks).

Lets see you die. 2/3rds gone right so your looking at 50 ap. You will eventually get max stacks again, but the new soul stealer requires you to be winning. Which is like saying "if your rofl stomping their team lolz your rofl stomping their team". Works both ways around, makes it harder for the loser to mount a come back and allows the winner to constantly be on top. Overall meh, never will like this style of balancing. Hope they stop sniffing coke and change it.

Lawlerkats

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaodynamics View Post
well lets see

new soul stealer 180 + 20 = 200 with loss. no mana on kill unless full stacked (20 stacks).

Lets see you die. 2/3rds gone right so your looking at 50 ap. You will eventually get max stacks again, but the new soul stealer requires you to be winning. Which is like saying "if your rofl stomping their team lolz your rofl stomping their team". Works both ways around, makes it harder for the loser to mount a come back and allows the winner to constantly be on top. Overall meh, never will like this style of balancing. Hope they stop sniffing coke and change it.
What. I think you need to do more homework.

kaodynamics

12-02-2009

yeah it's really 140 AP. You get the same amount except for the new soul stealer gives you a crappy amount of AP...

Ydriel

12-02-2009

Before it gave +140 AP after 7 kills, no matter deaths, and 70 of those AP, you got asap. Now it starts at 20 and slowly builds to 160, the mana steal and something else, not sure, plus you lose stacks on death. I feel it has been kind of a nerf.
Older one was much easier to charge. Now it's good if you stomp well and early, but given you're in an even game, it's not nearly as easy. Especially if you consider that being a nuker, you'll be probably squishy as hell and focused at first.
Been trying Ryze lately (haven't checked Annie yet, but that's not the point) and now I'm really not sure how to get a decent AP increase. Kassadin, Annie, Veigar, the few times I played Ryze, I'd usually get a Mejai. I guess I'll have to try the new one and see how it goes.

CryHavoc

12-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaodynamics View Post
well lets see

QFT.

This snowball effect is going to make games more prone to blowouts instead of nuanced tactical affairs.

Keynest

12-02-2009

Guys it is nerfed but it's not the worst item of the game. The loss of initial AP and loss of buff on death really hurts and it might not be good item for Annie who is strong mid game. But if you know that you would be carrying your team and you will be the one who wil get K ratio of about 2:1 or 3:1, it is the best major item to get. Otherwise, your money will be better spent on other AP items. It is simple as that.

Before this patch Soul stealer was "must" now it's "choice." I frankly think this is more appropriate change for this snowball item.