Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheEnygma

02-15-2013

@Ezreal

can you get Kari Wahlgren to voice a champion?

Postal Miku

02-15-2013

Thanks for the reply

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

02-15-2013
320 of 320 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
PS. WOOOOOO over 2,000,000 views!!!
I think you play the forums like the high score on a Pac Man machine.

TheEnygma

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I think you play the forums like the high score on a Pac Man machine.
hey you Ezreal imposter, begone!

ashxu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:

I have to applaud you for such a unique idea. It has it's own flavor which feels very league of legends. I especially love your ability names (I can just imagine plot twist as an awesome ult). We actually concepted a paper mage for a while. There were a number of iterations on this character. It started off as someone who could manipulate words (using paper) to create effects. We then modified it to become sort of a 'rune mage', someone who could etch runes onto the battlefield and later detonate them.

While we loved the core concept, and felt that it was rather unique...we could never quite solve a number of issues on it. The first issue was the source of power. It ended up being such a unique SoP that most people just couldn't quite grasp it, much less guess what sort of abilities he would have. We also ran into the issue of making him look cool. And this is an area where the librarian would also get hit. Making a librarian look awesome would be quite a feat. That's not to say that it is impossible, but it simply added one more issue to the champion. These issues, along with others, made us move away from this concept.
I think it could work like like how Sai fights in the anime Naruto

He paints drawings on a scroll and it comes to life to do his bidding. I guess you could do the same except maybe a book instead of a scroll.

Or maybe something like Maxwell from the game Scribblenauts? He writes things in his notebook and it comes to life.

HunterHagen

02-15-2013

Quote:
PS. WOOOOOO over 2,000,000 views!!!
You'll always be my #1 Rioter, next to Xypherous.

ploki122

02-15-2013

Hey Ezreal, first of all, ty for still being present in this thread... 300+ posts, 675 pages, 2m views... that's no small thing you got there running... Next, I wonder if you could hint us on the next champions like you did on Thresh/Quinn? I always love those tiny little tease details (eg. the "no shoe" for zyra, or things like that).

Admiral Jboticus

02-15-2013

Hey Ezreal, so I have thought of a champion idea that I think could be really cool, and I was hoping to get your opinion of it.
The champion would be a support that takes the role of "warlord" or the commander archetype, and he could look very noble and militaristic and intimidating, a quality that not many supports have, and his kit could include a battle cry that raises the morale of allies while demoralizing opponents. He could also have a taunt or something like that. I have always thought that this is a cool archetype that hasn't really been implemented. I like the idea of an intimidating looking champion that just supports the team. Also if you have ever played D&D this is similar to a warlord or the leader type of role. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

TheGuyWhoRages

02-16-2013

Quote:
Replies to pages 641-650.

1) Honestly global taunts are pretty obnoxious. While it feels pretty good to do the taunt, it feels terrible to be taunted. It also leads your teammates to feel negatively towards the taunted player. The overall positive to negative value of the feature is likely not worth it. An alternate variant that would likely feel better is a global woot upon making a pentakill. It would be rare enough, and it would make the person and team who got it feel awesome. And the other team would at least see the awesome happen, and doesn't have a single individual to get mad at.

2) I could see this happening in the future. There are a number of whip based variants that are just begging to be used in our game.

3) It's pretty tough to make a truly amazing witch doctor. Though I would love to see a few examples if you have any!
I have a perfect idea for the witch doctor which would aso im sure be ver easy well somewhat, why not just bring back Tabu? I mean i know how he was canceled but that would be a perfect witch doctor for the game and would be very interesting to see and use.

FoxlnSox

02-16-2013

Hello Ezreal,

I was wondering if the teams have considering making a champion based off of superstitions. Maybe involving breaking mirrors, or black cats in some way. I'd say stepping on cracks, but I don't think there are any on Summoner's Rift outside of the bases. Just curious, thanks.