Quinn can cause a shift in the meta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeyMoops

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
In order for this to work, we would need a support who can play well with a fighter in bot lane... hmm.....
KARMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sorry. I had to do it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongwayz View Post
I know, for example vayne i had top made frozen mallet,and static , she also made merc treads, and she still had major issues top, and vayne is champion who gets so much free stats, she has weak early but boy when she starts rollin... And it still is not good enough to match top laners, i dont say it cant work, it just requires specific team comp, and its situational and nitche pick at best.
Okay, fair enough. My original post (which was a joke originally) was following a line of thinking though

People start trying Quinn top and find she can do okay.

Pros get attention and try it, do well in Solo Q.

Pros take it to tournament and it works well.

People start spamming Quinn top.

Players find that most conventional tops can't beat Quinn, so they try odd picks-- AP mages, ADCs, etc, which end up doing well against her.

People find that solo AD

Boom, new trend for top lane.

That was how the OP I had went.

Its sort of like, just as an example, no one plays Elise mid anymore and she is now, by the meta, an AP top. Or another, how on release, hardly anyone played Lulu as a support.

Notalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

A flaw emerges:

Supports are still important.

Tanks are still important.

While you could flip your top/bot lanes and run ADC/Support top against a Bruiser this won't STAY the meta. You'd simply end up with a bad lane configuration since both teams would have weaker dragon control.

You could try roaming support, but again Support/ADC vs. ADC/Roaming support absolutely crushes the team with the roamer.

You could drop the solo top bruiser, but then your incredibly dependent upon the Jungler or Mid to provide peels and initiation.

Gespens

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongwayz View Post
I upvoted your post since i like your way of thinking but i must add:
If adc builds tanky they will not do damage, bruiser will, and will bring more utility, i would love top to have more options,.

How ever designing or trying to take adc top with out fixing top laners is really not possible, it will only make top lane even more toxic and snowbally, if you take ad top,and by any accident die to irelia or riven, you should not even bother going top anymore.
This makes sense, though most ADs mentioned-- save for Quinn as we do not know hr ratios, do still do damage from their base kits.

Yes, I understand that top lane is still very snowbally. Yes, ADs top will not be THE thing, but AD top could be something that gets incorporated into the meta as a legitimate tactic, just like 2v1 lanes have.

krimsonKasper

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
In order for this to work, we would need a support who can play well with a fighter in bot lane... hmm.....
TOO BAD YOU'RE RE WORKING KARMA EVEN THOUGH SHE SUPPORTS FIGHTERS LIKE A BOSS.

Sorry for the caps, but Karma is not bad, but I've not been able to player her since s1

SIMPLE BECAUSE OF THE META.

Apologies, but I saw that from a red and was confused :\

Ask Tyrant Swain

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
None at all. It was the first of a few squares I ripped from splash art that I suggested to Player Support to give me as an avatar. It was the parrot first, then an Anivia skin I think, Blitzcrank, Galio, and another.. can't remember.

PS wrote me back literally saying "BOOM. You're now Swain's parrot. Enjoy!"

Who knew what that unwitting gent in player support unleashed that day...
Legends are born where ordinary tales die.

Gespens

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent13 View Post
A flaw emerges:

While you could flip your top/bot lanes and run ADC/Support top against a Bruiser this won't STAY the meta. You'd simply end up with a bad lane configuration since both teams would have weaker dragon control.

You could try roaming support, but again Support/ADC vs. ADC/Roaming support absolutely crushes the team with the roamer.

You could drop the solo top bruiser, but then your incredibly dependent upon the Jungler or Mid to provide peels and initiation.
Secon page or so suggested double jungle with bruiser 2v1, since Bruisers are more than capable.

Raphael JR

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Okay, fair enough. My original post (which was a joke originally) was following a line of thinking though

People start trying Quinn top and find she can do okay.

Pros get attention and try it, do well in Solo Q.

Pros take it to tournament and it works well.

People start spamming Quinn top.

Players find that most conventional tops can't beat Quinn, so they try odd picks-- AP mages, ADCs, etc, which end up doing well against her.

People find that solo AD

Boom, new trend for top lane.

That was how the OP I had went.

Its sort of like, just as an example, no one plays Elise mid anymore and she is now, by the meta, an AP top. Or another, how on release, hardly anyone played Lulu as a support.
Issue is that most tops would roll over quinn like nothing, every action has reaction, and as i said that might work only in certain comps and as niche in no way that could change meta, the issue is not adc going top, issue is that top laners are retarted snowbally machines with thousands and thousands of gold worth free stats.
(i main top)

Bergtau

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent13 View Post
A flaw emerges:

All of this can be ignored. 1 champion won't cause a metashift because bans exist.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-15-2013
9 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
Legends are born where ordinary tales die.
I sit right across form the guy who made the skin your name refers to =)