Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MobiIe Ward

02-14-2013

"We do things that seems crazy to see how they'll turn out. It's chaotic, it's creative, and it's bound to upset somebody. But it's who we are." -RiotMontag

then where is my black champ?

gollem22

02-14-2013

I think she looks cute but I dont agree with how shes welding her cross bow. As of the picture she is just willy nilly holding the thing which would make aiming with that it impossible.

Curlyfry

02-14-2013

I love that name, Quinn.

The Unchosen One

02-14-2013

isn't it wonderful being a professional artist? everybody knows how to do your job better than you do so you hardly have to work at all!

and yes the rumors are true, art school is super easy. they literally have playground equipment inside the classrooms! i got straight A's for being able to go down the slide feet-first!

**edit

might as well start on the "Doctor Quinn" skin now... :|

me omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Why have big armour? Because it's cool. Why do so many games let you change direction in mid air even though it violates the laws of physics? Because it's more fun that way. Fun trumps realism in game design.

I can't wait to play Quinn and feel like a big badass. I guess male gamers find her bland and I get that. The reason I get it is because I find Darius, Draven, Ryze, Tryndamere, Jayce, Graves, Jarvan, Pantheon, Olaf, Shen and Xin Xhao bland.

Male gamers have their big strong power fantasy. Can't you let us girls have ours?

Honestly, isn't the fantasy of being a big powerful badass a major part of the appeal of video games?

Jamochawoke

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unchosen One View Post
isn't it wonderful being a professional artist? everybody knows how to do your job better than you do so you hardly have to work at all!

and yes the rumors are true, art school is super easy. they literally have playground equipment inside the classrooms! i got straight A's for being able to go down the slide feet-first!

I wanted to quote this. As someone who has gone through 6 years of art school, I can verify this is totally true!

Also, I like Quinn's design.

The Unchosen One

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by me omg View Post
Why have big armour? Because it's cool. Why do so many games let you change direction in mid air even though it violates the laws of physics? Because it's more fun that way. Fun trumps realism in game design.

I can't wait to play Quinn and feel like a big badass. I guess male gamers find her bland and I get that. The reason I get it is because I find Darius, Draven, Ryze, Tryndamere, Jayce, Graves, Jarvan, Pantheon, Olaf, Shen and Xin Xhao bland.

Male gamers have their big strong power fantasy. Can't you let us girls have ours?

Honestly, isn't the fantasy of being a big powerful badass a major part of the appeal of video games?
the problem is there are a lot of teenagers and un-shaven 30 year old shut ins on these boards that have trouble understanding design concepts past g-string and pasties. the artist went function over form as the basis for Quinn's design and people can't believe that's actually a thing. i appreciate it since that is generally the aesthetic i aim for with my work as well, though i'm not an illustrator.

The Unchosen One

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamochawoke View Post
I wanted to quote this. As someone who has gone through 6 years of art school, I can verify this is totally true!

Also, I like Quinn's design.

what school? if you say SCAD we might have gone down the same slide at some point or maybe even jumped in the same ball-pit!

GrnEggsNHam

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Crave View Post
She uses a Cho Ko Nu as a weapon (Chinese Repeating Crossbow) so that is all I need to know about her to love her.

Chinese were my favorite civ in Age of Empires 2 and 3, happy to see this weapon get some love.
Chu-Ko-Nu = Diablo 2 greatness

Von Nicklesnout

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
"We do things that seems crazy to see how they'll turn out. It's chaotic, it's creative, and it's bound to upset somebody. But it's who we are." -RiotMontag

then where is my black champ?
Currently dealing with Demacian oppression. It seems they find it fit to beat him with billy clubs every time he appears in daylight.