Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Djiimon

02-14-2013

So long as they release Badlands (Borderlands) Quinn, I'll be happy.

RemnantVivi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

I just want to comment in this thread, to say after the first post, IronStylus my good sir. You are the reason I love this game, and I love you. Keep up the good work.

Djiimon

02-14-2013

Also IronStylus, are the names given to the sci-fi skins based on champ origin? For example:

Demacia = Steel Legion
Noxus = Bioforge
Zaun = Augmented
Piltover = Pulsefire
Ionia = ???
Voidlings, non-humans = Battlecast, Eternum.

Deathfyre11

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djiimon View Post
Also IronStylus, are the names given to the sci-fi skins based on champ origin? For example:

Demacia = Steel Legion
Noxus = Bioforge
Zaun = Augmented
Piltover = Pulsefire
Ionia = ???
Voidlings, non-humans = Battlecast, Eternum.
Battlecast champs are Viktor's team to fight against Jayce and the Full Metals. They're lore based. The Steel Legion is Demacian though, and was made to fight the Bioforge of Zaun/Noxus, so they're lore/region based. We'd need to see more of the augmented skins and Pulsefire skins to say what they're based around.

Shinnyshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

I was completely indifferent about the new champion, Quinn. After years of playing this game, I've come to view champions only in terms of their kits--hell, I haven't listened to the jokes/taunts of the last 10-20 champs I've bought, and I was preparing to purchase (or not purchase) Quinn solely based on stream information and whether the more competitive ADs I run with thought they'd want her for trades.

This thread, especially IronStylus's contributions, has been very refreshing. What you've described sounds like something I want to support.

JI6

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I imagine her garb before she was promoted to the more elite ranks was different. Likewise, when she is out on a mission that merits it, she'd probably change. If you look at the rest of the Demacian champions, there's a distinct lack of subtlety about what they do any how they do it. Anyone expected to stand next to Garen and j4 in a lineup has some reason to be cohesive.

Is it at much of a stretch that she would wear what represents her new role best to the fields of justice when representing Demacia? I don't think so. Ultimately, it's good for an artist to have some justification for the decisions they make. They don't always have to make perfect sense, but if it lends some 'truth' to that champion, then it's a good thing. At the end of the day champions present themselves in certain combat situations with who knows what magic backing them up- much of the how and why they do so is left vague.

That's not me looking for a cop out, but instead my personal take on things. I like a bit of flair and unusualness to characters- if that means I get crossbows with bird heads on them and it looks cool, I'm on board.
@ Riot Ames, very well put. It's nice to have larger than life champions and heroes, there's alot of that in the comic book and movie/hollywood universe. Things that aren't exactly "realistic" but are flashy and make for good entertainment, an suspension of disbelief in order to bring the representation of a larger than life character come together.

And all this time you told us "Dr Quinn, medicine woman?" lol

sammich kek

02-14-2013

not sure what to say... show me the skillset and then we can talk about disappointment... until then we know nothing.

BFIceBrand

02-14-2013

She is just recycled ideas from - Vayne/Ash that's the truth.

Thbigchief

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I imagine her garb before she was promoted to the more elite ranks was different. Likewise, when she is out on a mission that merits it, she'd probably change. If you look at the rest of the Demacian champions, there's a distinct lack of subtlety about what they do any how they do it. Anyone expected to stand next to Garen and j4 in a lineup has some reason to be cohesive.

Is it at much of a stretch that she would wear what represents her new role best to the fields of justice when representing Demacia? I don't think so. Ultimately, it's good for an artist to have some justification for the decisions they make. They don't always have to make perfect sense, but if it lends some 'truth' to that champion, then it's a good thing. At the end of the day champions present themselves in certain combat situations with who knows what magic backing them up- much of the how and why they do so is left vague.

That's not me looking for a cop out, but instead my personal take on things. I like a bit of flair and unusualness to characters- if that means I get crossbows with bird heads on them and it looks cool, I'm on board.
- Also we have skins like "rugged garen" that gives the opportunity to make every player enjoy a champ without having to fall into the archetype of how he looks.

- Quinn could have the opportunity in the future to have a traditional "Ranger" skin... as stated above her default skin could be considered her "ceremonial" or "dress" uniforms. The ranger skin could be more function then form... rustic and urban camo etc.

draydurmil

02-14-2013

would u rather have a male adr named oliver ?