Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarryDingoes

02-14-2013

OP, you're getting downvoted because we actually like the design.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-14-2013
20 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmwyso View Post
This just in: Only the most elite rangers wear purple so that everyone can see them!

Let's be completely honest here... This isn't about functionality or reality, this archer would barely be able to shoot a bow let alone set up a position for a shot. By design, the cross bow lacks simplicity and would attract far too much attention and potential for danger upon packing. Also, I don't know what reason she has for wings in back of her, but you can be guaranteed they make more sound than you can fathom and only make it that much harder to be functional.
I imagine her garb before she was promoted to the more elite ranks was different. Likewise, when she is out on a mission that merits it, she'd probably change. If you look at the rest of the Demacian champions, there's a distinct lack of subtlety about what they do any how they do it. Anyone expected to stand next to Garen and j4 in a lineup has some reason to be cohesive.

Is it at much of a stretch that she would wear what represents her new role best to the fields of justice when representing Demacia? I don't think so. Ultimately, it's good for an artist to have some justification for the decisions they make. They don't always have to make perfect sense, but if it lends some 'truth' to that champion, then it's a good thing. At the end of the day champions present themselves in certain combat situations with who knows what magic backing them up- much of the how and why they do so is left vague.

That's not me looking for a cop out, but instead my personal take on things. I like a bit of flair and unusualness to characters- if that means I get crossbows with bird heads on them and it looks cool, I'm on board.

deep

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
I want to reiterate this, because it's super important. This is how we roll. We experiment, we try things out. We do things that seems crazy to see how they'll turn out. It's chaotic, it's creative, and it's bound to upset somebody. But it's who we are.

I hope you're along for the ride, but be prepared to feel a bump every now and then.
Lol, and an example of this is how you bent over to some forum feminists that represent less than 0.01% of the population that's playing this game to make two bull-**** 'womyn power' characters.

You're not doing anything crazy or breaking any rules, you're being little emasculated *****es and bending to the will of brainless, 'oppressed' women and lady-boys who cry on the forums.

Maybe you should take a second and think of what got you all the players you have now. I can promise you it's not androgynous he-she characters with men's voices.

This is a fantasy game. You have massive nightmare monsters fighting rats with blow-guns (in astronaut suits), but you want the female characters all to be EXACTLY lifelike 'womyn' warriors? What?

checksmix

02-14-2013

OH MY GOD PLEASE TELL ME QUINN IS TRANSGENDER. You don't know how happy if will be for you guys to stop making champs that are all straight.

Phourc

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyrrael View Post
Women in skin tight clothing is never boring.
Women in skintight clothing? In a fantasy game!? Hold the presses!

It's been done and frequently over-done, but that doesn't necessarily make it bad - what makes it bad is when that is as far as the character depth goes.

Compare Miss Fortune with Syndra - one's a pretty neat character and the other lives in the sky and flies around in a strange hat and a thong xP

Sagethyme

02-14-2013

Quinn is badass and she'll dog you to death. If you know what I mean.

Von Nicklesnout

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I imagine her garb before she was promoted to the more elite ranks was different. Likewise, when she is out on a mission that merits it, she'd probably change. If you look at the rest of the Demacian champions, there's a distinct lack of subtlety about what they do any how they do it. Anyone expected to stand next to Garen and j4 in a lineup has some reason to be cohesive.

Is it at much of a stretch that she would wear what represents her new role best to the fields of justice when representing Demacia? I don't think so. Ultimately, it's good for an artist to have some justification for the decisions they make. They don't always have to make perfect sense, but if it lends some 'truth' to that champion, then it's a good thing. At the end of the day champions present themselves in certain combat situations with who knows what magic backing them up- much of the how and why they do so is left vague.

That's not me looking for a cop out, but instead my personal take on things. I like a bit of flair and unusualness to characters- if that means I get crossbows with bird heads on them and it looks cool, I'm on board.
Demacian or not, Quinn's whole armor doesn't lend itself to somebody who would use stealth (like she did against Talon) in order to get the job done while also being a falconer. Shauna Vayne is probably one of the best designed champions aesthetically when it comes to this because her entire attire save for that big ass ballista she wears lends itself to a focus on agility and stealth over "I'm here to whoop your ass and make alot of noise doing it".

It also doesn't help that Quinn's armor just looks like a hawk version of the Iron Solari armor, dyed blue and gold like some kind of feminist Ultramarine.

driredeath

02-14-2013

i just want to say im excited for quinn

Randomisation

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
An interesting note: In early concept and lab tests on the champion, a decent number of people thought she was male!
I still look at Riven as a male in game, same with Kayle when she has the helmet on.

Xephioss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

hi reds, can u tell me who designed the art of sexy champs like syndra,else,zyra? i really like them