Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NyghtJester

02-14-2013

**** the Police

Finch Toast

02-14-2013

If your remember that Diana drawing from last week she finished it due to the feedback she was getting from the influx of people to her deviantart. Have a look! http://pojarini-s.deviantart.com/
Also, you should try and convince her to finish the rest of the set! (There is another picture which shows the original sketch which contains 3 portraits.)

Edit: I saw that you visited! I'm so glad ^^

Daryslash

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'm completely blown away here. This is precisely how I picture Quinn devising her outfit. Nothing that comes from the armory, something that she designed in a way that was practical and tailored for her, but had a bit of flair that's inherent in Damacian garb. This would be as toned down as Damacian armor could possibly be. All inspired by her partner, her own personal emblem that is Valor. She takes Valor's identity and weaves it into her own.

You've captured something here that is exactly my thinking on how I made the decisions I've made. Someone who's been thrust into the ranks of the elite, but who has their own feelings about how things should be done. How would she design her own identity? What would replace the torn leather and frayed cloth she'd been running around the forest in? What would she find utilitarian but have some over-the-top Demacian flair?

Piece by piece, everything is thematic, everything evokes the avian. That's how Quinn wants to be seen and how she wants to set herself apart as the only Demacian falcon ranger.

I'm going to show this to Runaan. Something like this should be canon.

Quick edit: Not sure if you caught that part of the conversation, but on page 5 of the journal you can see a rough sketch of Quinn's cape. Hinting that what she was wearing during this mission was not what she's wearing here. Not obvious, but it's something we wanted to throw in there. That adventure was something that elevated and defined her. That sketch was trying, even if gone unnoticed, that she was fantasizing about having something tailor made for her.

Hey man,

first of all: I love you.

Second, I'm going to make my question from earlier again: were you inspired by the Storm Eagle maverick from Megaman X and/or the Hunter from Ragnarok Online by any chance? xD

I ask this because I intend to play Quinn while listening to this non stop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l2FxFGGkUw (Storm Eagle's theme)

Rogue Winter

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingLion View Post
wall of awesome
BWAHH, Take all of my upvotes!

Also - Will the letter on page 6 be revealed?

"Prince Jarvan - something something great hope that I.."

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3&d=1360365201

Finch Toast

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch Toast View Post
If your remember that Diana drawing from last week she finished it due to the feedback she was getting from the influx of people to her deviantart. Have a look! http://pojarini-s.deviantart.com/
Also, you should try and convince her to finish the rest of the set! (There is another picture which shows the original sketch which contains 3 portraits.)

Edit: I saw that you visited! I'm so glad ^^
Wow her season 3 battleline up is really amazing too o-o

http://pojarini-s.deviantart.com/art...eart-353733073

StationaryObject

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
Riot, hire LeapingLion. He/she is fantastic.
You flatter me, dear sir.

@Everyone who liked the story.
I really appreciate everyone's comments and opinions on the small story. It means a lot to me that I managed to write something that entertained so many.
I'm more than shocked and I'm blown away by IronStylus' response to my piece of fanfiction. Everyone wants to have a Rioter acknowledge a piece of art they made and I secretly hoped he would see it and say something along the lines of "Oh wow, that's great!" To have him say what he said made me speechless.

Thank you Community, you've given me the greatest Valentine's day present I could ever hope for.

Wingman713

02-14-2013

This introduction to Quinn was fantastic, I really hope this year's batch of new champions comes out with some more lore and art than some of the previous champions in 2012. For me half the fun of LoL is the lore and the concepts behind each champion.

Also it's a champion with a pet with wings. I kinda have love Quinn or I wouldn't be Wingman

Evangelene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingLion View Post
You flatter me, dear sir.

@Everyone who liked the story.
I really appreciate everyone's comments and opinions on the small story. it means a lot to me that I managed to write something that entertained so many.
I'm more than shocked and I'm blown away by IronStylus' response to my piece of fanfiction. Everyone wants to have Rioter acknowledge a piece of art they made and I secretly hoped he would see it and say something along the lines of "Oh wow, that's great!" To have him say what he said made me speechless.

Thank you Community, you've given me the greatest Valentine's day present I could ever hope for.
You sure deserved the comments! Got a Deviantart page by any chance?

StationaryObject

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelene View Post
You sure deserved the comments! Got a Deviantart page by any chance?
I do, but none of my writing are on there =P
I don't have any sort of professional page to display original works, because nothing I've truly written is original. I've fiddled with original concepts, but I'm such a procrastinator about these things that I end up giving up or it simmers in the background.
I have various accounts across the fan fiction domains: FF.net, LiveJournal, Dreamwidth, ect.
I'll see about setting up my DeviantArt page to display some of my more... acceptable fan fictions.

Corgis

02-14-2013

I can't lie, the only females in this game I find attractive are ones designed by IronStylus :x