Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vacus

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsaBootyHole View Post
And people, do not give me that, "Taric is gay and has a pink skin" because that skin is borderline offensive.
Taric being gay is purely a forum joke and the skin is a reference to the Tier 5 paladin set from WoW, which looked pretty much exactly like the skin. (Yes, even his pink gaudy crystal hammer was a weapon in WoW.)

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-14-2013
17 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanikkers View Post
Yeah, I'm kind of...baffled at that, too.

What we're asking for is a champ whose backstory/lore and role matches a scantier wardrobe. Sivir is a battle princess in a bikini. That's not exactly...congruous. :/ Even if she is a longer-range fighter.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the sentiment. I'm stating that I'm not a one-note that only puts women in armor. Armor's not right for everyone.

SlVIR

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the sentiment. I'm stating that I'm not a one-note that only puts women in armor. Armor's not right for everyone.
dam straight parrot

dam straight

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
Its like cheeseburgers. Yeah, burgers look great in buns, but sometimes you want it on a croissant, and sometimes, you want a turkey burger. You gotta match the meat with the buns, amirite?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-14-2013
18 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luscious Lenny View Post
dam straight parrot

dam straight
With that affirmation I'm heading to bed after a long and spirited night of discussion and feedback!

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
With that affirmation I'm heading to bed after a long and spirited night of discussion and feedback!
I hope you checked out some of that fire emblem art I was talking about on twitter.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-14-2013
19 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
Its like cheeseburgers. Yeah, burgers look great in buns, but sometimes you want it on a croissant, and sometimes, you want a turkey burger. You gotta match the meat with the buns, amirite?
^

Kanikkers

02-14-2013

Quote:
No, yeah, absolutely. Trust me, I really am not attacking you here, I'm sorry if it came off that way.

We're more confused about you being way for the whole "strong women in armor" feel in champion-making (contrasting a lot of the recently-released champs that are strong, yes, but also lacking in the clothing department) and then turning around and saying that you're working on reducing clothing on champs that don't really seem to have a reason to do so on.

That was really messily-worded. Basically, I'm just wondering about the congruity of Sivir's lore with her appearance. Yes, she's a strong female warrior, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind her outfit.

fmwyso

Recruiter

02-14-2013

Quote:
A ranger, an elite, doesn't care whether you can tell they are a female or a male. They are interested in getting the job done, and having the gear to do so.
This just in: Only the most elite rangers wear purple so that everyone can see them!

Let's be completely honest here... This isn't about functionality or reality, this archer would barely be able to shoot a bow let alone set up a position for a shot. By design, the cross bow lacks simplicity and would attract far too much attention and potential for danger upon packing. Also, I don't know what reason she has for wings in back of her, but you can be guaranteed they make more sound than you can fathom and only make it that much harder to be functional.

What is the honest truth as I see it? This is a fantasy game where imagination lets loose. To hell with the fact that real life doesn't have little girls summoning fire balls, it is fun and we want to see it! Let's not proclaim functionality arguments where little evidence exists, simply because it appeals to a more consistent design.

That being said, I love many anti-ideological movements but let's not attempt to proclaim some kind of superior motive for them. Most often, many of the anti-ideological movements are not in order to preserve logic (or functionality) but instead to be exactly what they are named (ANTI-ideology) as in against ideology. In design, Quinn is very much against femininity and ideology.

Much of her design was specifically to go against the feminine design, not just for functionality. If it was for functionality, a true elite ranger, she would be dressed in extremely light (but covering, and not see through) leather which is dark green/brown (considering I believe most of the league is in a forest setting). I can guarantee it wouldn't be metal for many reasons (including not wanting to reflect light off yourself to any observer; GG my functional armor just made me sparkle in the shrubbery).

To sum up: +1 IronStylus for not appealing to ideology. -1 for attempting to claim it is mostly for functionality purposes (it barely is)

Xulsigae

02-14-2013

Perhaps she has stealth mechanics we don't know about yet.