Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeastBox

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyLPG View Post
Any comment on this similarity?
/facepalm

Xulsigae

02-14-2013

Could they say the same thing to each person that made a thread asking or complaining about something? Or could they reply to the biggest/least insulting one and save a lot of time?

BeastBox

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee View Post
The problem is that Riot announced it inside the thread of ONE person who complained about it. Making it seem like they agreed with that person all of a sudden, even after that particular skin was already in it's final stages.
I'm thinking about all the protest threads people make - often with good reason *cough*DTL price*cough* - and how often Riot caves.

This is a very, very rare occurrence.

Pretty sure we can chalk it up to "coincidence". Maybe they didn't announce it in a place you liked .... oh well.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-14-2013
12 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyLPG View Post
Any comment on this similarity?
Standard facial structure I abide by in most of my concepts. It's the style I drift towards. I'm making first and foremost an in-game asset and not concerned about excessive differentiation in something that will end up being reduced to a small cluster of pixels.

Avian themed helmets, one looking like the iron eagles on the side of the Chrysler building, the other torn off of the front of a hayabusa.

Mirror

02-14-2013

I agree that she just kind of looks like Iron Solari Ashe, but maybe she'll have a rockin' first skin?

Nexus Crawler

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I do not abide by the established or the expected, neither does Riot on the whole. It is not our job to abide, it's our job to challenge the convention and question traditional execution.
The Parrot does not abide..

I can't help but think Big Lebowski there.

The Dude abides.

Quote:
This isn't just me. This is part of something larger. Pendulums will swing, you'll get your stripped down heroes. Quinn is not one of them and we're proud of that.
And I just had a horrible mental image of Mantheon.. I'm going to have nightmares about that pendulum swinging.

Anyways on a serious note, I approve Parrot. While there's some aspects of her and Valors design that I'm not too thrilled about, overall I think it was very well done and doesn't follow your typical ranger, outdoorsey person, hunter, bounty hunter, what have you's that Quinn would be in the role of as a person who hunts down fugitives, assassins, and other persons of nefarious nature. However it still does give the impression she's ready for those moments when all plans fall apart and chaos reigns.

I also noted some similarities with other designs. The previously mentioned not withstanding. For instance the her cape reminded me a bit of Talons, though in basic appearance and probably functionality they're some what different. Maybe a cape is just a cape in this case or it's happenstance or fatigue that's giving me the impression.

BeastBox

02-14-2013

Anyway, enough discussion, I'm going to bed. Good night everyone. Love the new champ's look, IronStylus.

Jujubee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
Standard facial structure I abide by in most of my concepts. It's the style I drift towards. I'm making first and foremost an in-game asset and not concerned about excessive differentiation in something that will end up being reduced to a small cluster of pixels.

Avian themed helmets, one looking like the iron eagles on the side of the Chrysler building, the other torn off of the front of a hayabusa.
Next champion, armored woman using a ballista with a pet pigeon, RIOT PLS.

WorstTristNA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
Imagine that. A room full of guys make a decision as a group for well formulated reasons based on iterating multiple times to create a solution that fulfills the goal we are trying to establish.

That goal being, make a character not a set of appeasements.

Make what's right for the character.

We make a character for every individual. Not individual characters that appeal to everyone.
well atleast the feminist got what they wanted. Ryze still wanting a friend though. If you know what I'm sayin.

turkeyBACON

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prkl8r View Post
She is still a member of a highly organized and uniformed army. That is why she is wearing what she is wearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
Also keep in mind that she prety much recently got promoted from run of the mill commoner to elite guard. Elite guard's in fantasy settings tend to have stylized, fancy, armors and weapons as symbols... especially when out representing their country...

Okay yes, but it's still really impractical. She's suppose to be fighting in that gear as a ranger and tracker. She's representing her country on the fields of justice as a combatant. Her outfit is more ceremonial rather than functional. It needs be simpler but keep the color values the same. the amounts of gold,blue and white are really well balanced to her design and represents demaica really well. But her armour is just a little to complicated; it has a lot of unnecessary pointy, overlapping, interlocking, and decorated parts that little to no purpose. Why does have loose straps in her inner thighs? That's sure to chaff. Or a pointy crown/helmet that doesn't provide protection and is bound to get caught in her hood if she ever wanted to use it. Why is the demacian sigil sticking out on either side of her knees; they are bound to get caught on each other and anything she rubs against.

And before any on brings up jarvans excessive shoulder spikes; As i mentioned in another post he's frontline fighter and wants to be flashy and noticed. He wants to exude an aura of grandeur and be available as a target to be confronted. Quinn should be the opposite. she should be understated and either rush in and out of combat guerrilla warfare style or hang in the back and point out key targets to be attacked by the front line and then hit them while they are distracted by the fighters e.g. jarvan and garen.