Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
And this was the intended goal as you might remember =)

Directly incorporating the feedback that we didn't need a female to look overtly feminine to.. be.. ya know.. a female.

In other words, we were ok with that.
Meh. I'm just going to wait to see how she plays. I'm sure a soothing female voice in my headset will make it all better.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-13-2013
5 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trylobyte View Post
...you get Ashe.

On a more serious note, I initially thought she was male too, until I actually took more than five seconds to look at the picture. At that point it became clear she was either an understated 'normal' looking female or even more of a girly-man than Ezreal. Since the latter was unlikely, concluding she was female wasn't too hard.
Yep. She's a ranger first. Not a woman first.

Place woman in traditional male creative space and there you go.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quinn is basically Miss Congeniality, which hasn't been tried in the League yet.

She also has an automatic cross bow, which is totally different from Vayne's big, and bigger sized bows. Plus it looks like a bird, and the arrows come out of its mouth.

davin

Senior User Researcher

02-13-2013
6 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:

Directly incorporating the feedback that we didn't need a female to look overtly feminine to.. be.. ya know.. a female.

I fondly remember your excitement when you saw those data!

Vanra

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
An interesting note: In early concept and lab tests on the champion, a decent number of people thought she was male!
I can't see how. She's wearing skin tight clothes around her clearly feminine waist.

Attica

02-13-2013

None of this is important guys. LoL is a competitive game and these complaints are so petty. Ironstylus can you answer something that actually pertains to the competitive spirit thats in LoL. Does the bird dance along with Quinn?!

Villanz

02-13-2013

I actually really, really love her design. I have been waiting for more things like this. Great job Riot!

Armageddon2099

02-13-2013

Quote:

I hate to be that guy, but about when do you think we're going to get some insight to her playstyle? Either a PBE update or the mechanic post that usually accompanies hyped champs like this? Speaking of the PBE, is there any reason why there was a major balance uploaded onto the PBE without her files being included? Seems like you guys coulda saved some bandwidth just holding out the patch until Quinn was ready to go up...

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:

Does she looks like a ranger to you?

ShadyElf

02-13-2013

Quote:

I'm just glad you didn't go Brienne on her (character from Song of Ice and Fire series who's pretty damn manly for a woman, and acts like it too).