Hi Guys, Your new assistant

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icypolefreak

02-13-2013

Hi Guys, Now this isn't a bug report post.

More an informative help post.

To anyone Reading this Post, i am currently a little bit less active than i was, due to me trying to get a job at Riot, so fingers crossed you see me at Riot in future!

I am only addressing the most common issues, if you have any other problems that aren't described in this post, please make a topic and i will see if i cant help you

I have seen a lot of people posting their own problems on here, and i have recently decided to use my knowledge to help them as best i can.

So most of the bugs currently should be fixed in the next patch.

But a temporary fix for some of these are:

Ghost Items?
When you get an item that doesn't exist, otherwise known as a "ghost item"
try moving an item in your inventory into the slot that the item is taking up.
Doing so should remove it. - Tested- Works

Spectating a friends match and watch as he owns but as you lock onto your dead friend, you can't go back to directed cam?
Sometimes when viewing dead players, it locks you to that player, and you can only switch between other players, a temporary fix for this is to move your mouse down to the bottom left, to the map and click and drag the box around, forcing you to move the camera.-Tested Fully By Me

Have annoying Champion info staying on your screen after a devious leaver dodged?
Simply go into any game room that will allow you to choose any champion, then mouse over any champion, and it erases the old info.-Tested Fully

Trying to reconnect to a game and the button doesn't show up?
A temporary fix for this is to simply re-log your client, forcing an update with Riots servers.

Game not opening Properly?
Retrieve your logs so i can have a look at them
Or you can try this proccess
- Go to this folder in your lol directory: LOL\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0.0 .142\ (could be newer so always take the lastest one)
- Delete releasemanifest and S_OK
- Go into the deploy folder in that same directory
- In there, delete the lib, logs, META-INF, and mod folders
- Also delete LolClient.exe, LolClient.swf, and locale.properties
- Repatch (just start the Client again and wait for the patching)- Not Tested fully

(this works too for players who use LoLPBE)

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...f-Legends-Logs

Adobe Air Crashing on login?
So far i havent found a direct fix for this, the only thing i can recommend is to update your Adobe Air-Tested

http://get.adobe.com/air/

Screen flashing and abilities glitching in and out?
Have you tried updating your drivers? search for your graphics card and put "driver" after it, and it should take you to the manufacturer website, if that still doesn't work, try updating to beta drivers. Same method but put "beta drivers" instead of drivers.
Currently GTX 8800 is not working with league, a patch for it should be out soon.

Trying to exit the game, but might lose your promotion series?
You can try closing it using task manager, simply press Ctrl+alt+delete and head to the process's tab and search for anything with league in it-Tested Fully Thank you so much for TheKingNorman for testing this!

Haven't received summoner icons yet?
Sometimes as i have expereinced it takes a while to get your summoner icons. For the christmas event, it took me three days to get them, for lunar revel, 2 minutes.
It varies. Make sure to play a Premade with 5 friends who are in your friends list to receive the easiest icon.
If you gifted someone, sent RP or sent a champion or skin, you will not receive the icon until they log onto their client- Not tested thoroughly.

Activated items not working? level up wont go fast enough?
To level up, you can try Ctrl+ Q-W-E-R to level up your ability.
If your activated item is not working, try moving it do a different slot, or reconnecting to the game.-Not tested fully

Cant start a ranked game because the button is grayed out?
Try switching the queue options back and forth until it goes back to normal.
Or you can simply try exiting the game and reloading it.-Not TestedThoroughly

Known Unfix-able Bugs
At times when Jarvan IV uses his ultimate, champions may be able to walk through the wall under specific times. -Noticed by many players

Pressing the money icon in the bottom right of the screen causes the tooltip to open and cover a section of the shop.
(Press P instead to open the shop without the tool tip)*Note, it also happens with tooltips for ability's too -Noticed by BeHappyFTW

Akali's Profile icon states that her passive still requires the 6 ability and damage to activate her passive, this is not so- Noticed by Nanilx1

When playing as the against the champion Nocturne, as he uses his ultimate, and your ally's aren't in vision of each other, during his ulti, if you use your ultimate, the Green dot above the portrait portraying if your ultimate is up or down, doesn't update, meaning that it doesn't show your ultimate being on cool down.

When playing as Ashe Against Zyra, as Zyra plants down her second Sprout, and uses either of her two Plant spawning abilities, If Ashe uses her volley, it doesn't damage the first plant created.

If you are playing Miss Fortune, her W, E and R doesn't consume sivir's spell shield.

Infinite Money and Gold from Xerath when playing as Tryndamere.
If you are Trynd and playing against a Xerath, and just as Xerath uses his Q ability on you, you use your E, you will gain XP, CS and Gold.

If playing as Teemo, if you wait just as your passive is about to activate, and then you auto attack a minion, the attack animation stops halfway, but the damage still goes thru.

Jayce's Warpgate when activated, gives some people high instant ping issues for a few seconds-noticed by LeClement

Getting the error "null" when sometimes looking at profiles or going in to change masteries etc, anything to do with profiles.-Noticed by the whole community

If you think you have a bug or glitch that has been seen before, do a quick search, you might find a fix before having to make a post and use other peoples time!!

If people could notify me of temporary fixes to other bugs, and notify me of some that need to be fixed i can see to them

@RiotFpMcgee
@Jozrael
@Dannamoth
@Icosahedron

@RiotSpookyDooky
Cheers spooky for pinning and red posting this ^_^
@RiotGraidus, Too slow buddy, you get no +1
I do enjoy watching your streams tho ^_^

Bug Testing Helpers-, Sythine, Hambeastie, Syolis and Jarzelia. Cheers for the work guys
If you can provide any support that would be handy, and or any bug glitch fixes.

I am Contactable by email if need be. Pott-er@hotmail.com

*will be updating this post in future

Not Tested Fully: means i haven't had the chance to test it myself, but other people have had luck with it
Not Tested Thoroughly: means i have tested it, but it does work and doesn't work
Tested Fully: means that i have tested it and have had success.
Not Tested: means that i think it might work, but haven't tested it myself or no one else has

Quackas

02-13-2013

So are you actually a recognized volunteer or are you just trying to get a huntsman title?

Icypolefreak

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackas View Post
So are you actually a recognized volunteer or are you just trying to get a huntsman title?
i am not a recognized volunteer nor am i going for a title, i am simply trying to be helpful for the community

Icypolefreak

02-13-2013

69 views, boss, bump

Icypolefreak

02-13-2013

Bump

Aeo

02-13-2013

So when is someone going to find a real fix for my game splitting across my monitors EVERY game?

Icypolefreak

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeowinn View Post
So when is someone going to find a real fix for my game splitting across my monitors EVERY game?
i think i advised you to see if it was in windowed or borderless, did you reply? and have you sent a ticket to riot?

RiotSpookyDooky

QA Analyst

02-13-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Stickied! Thanks for all the help!

Icypolefreak

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSpookyDooky View Post
Finally, been vying for this for sometime ^_^ have no fear, this will be updated periodically

Icypolefreak

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSpookyDooky View Post
Can you change the Title to : Glitches and bug Fixes

12345 ... 8